Change Choice Band description

Kailido

Question

Choice Band description reads: An item to be held by a pokemon. It powers up one move, which becomes the only usable one

Considering what it actually does, this description can induce ppl in error, and is also not consistent with the description of, for example, Special Choice Band.

Special Choice Band reads: An item to be held by a pokemon. It powers up one move, which becomes the only usable one. Boosts SP. ATK

So what stops someone from thinking that Special Choice Band is better overall, because on top of boosting a move it gives SP. ATK, which is a double mistake. It doesn't boost a move and SP. ATK, the move is boosted by boosting the SP. ATK of that pokemon. And it's not better than Choice Band because because one gives ATK, altho there's no mention of that, and the other gives SP. ATK

They should read as follows:

Choice Band: An item to be held by a Pokémon. This band boosts Attack but only allows the use of one move.

Special Choice Band: An item to be held by a Pokémon. This band boosts Sp. Atk but only allows the use of one move.

Swift Choice Band: An item to be held by a Pokémon. This band boost Speed but only allow the use of one move.

11 answers to this question

Choice Band description reads: An item to be held by a pokemon. It powers up one move, which becomes the only usable one

Considering what it actually does, this description can induce ppl in error, and is also not consistent with the description of, for example, Special Choice Band.

Special Choice Band reads: An item to be held by a pokemon. It powers up one move, which becomes the only usable one. Boosts SP. ATK

So what stops someone from thinking that Special Choice Band is better overall, because on top of boosting a move it gives SP. ATK, which is a double mistake. It doesn't boost a move and SP. ATK, the move is boosted by boosting the SP. ATK of that pokemon. And it's not better than Choice Band because because one gives ATK, altho there's no mention of that, and the other gives SP. ATK

They should read as follows:

Choice Band: An item to be held by a Pokémon. This band boosts Attack but only allows the use of one move.

Special Choice Band: An item to be held by a Pokémon. This band boosts Sp. Atk but only allows the use of one move.

Swift Choice Band: An item to be held by a Pokémon. This band boost Speed but only allow the use of one move.

Nice catch, I suspect they will probably add it to the description next patch. :)

reminds me of the guy with the deepseatooth starmie :lol:

"It raises the SP. ATK stat"

im more annoyed by the lack of "." in the choices description tbh

Now that you mention it, i could have made the thread about descriptions in general, and point that the 2 Deepsea item descriptions should be changed aswell, to mention that it only boosts those stats on clamperls.

It's actually a fair assumption to think that it boosts SP. ATK of any pokemon, the description doesn't prove it wrong

If you ever have concerns about the reason that your post was removed for, please PM a Suggestion Box moderator; that would be myself, Eggplant or Munya.

If you ask why your post was removed publicly, that will result in that post being removed aswell. See this.

The hell is this?

These are the mesages displayed for the new bands in your strings file. They just copied the choice band base message and stamped the stat it boosts at the end (and forgot the "." which was buggin me so i went ahead and changed it).

So, if they wanted the modify the Choice band message, either they can't because it was pulled out from the ROM or they need to create a new string "{STRING_130186}\nBoosts ATK." etc

I figure a similar procedure would be required to modify the other items. Im speculating however since im not sure if copyright prevents them from tampering with the original mesages in the original items.

Edited by axx

Yeah, the current Description is from firered. they would have to make a new string for each item. The example i have in the main post is from oras, with some consistency changes that i made, because the actual items are diferent (specs and scarf)

Edited by Kailido