Option to scale to lv5 in t-mode

Feels like a long overdue change considering that it should have been implemented whenever Little Cup tournaments became a thing.

Over leveling is very easy to do at level 5 and irreversible, so this feature feels like a necessity and promotes future Little Cup tournaments.
As you said no one buys amnesia brace (which is a discussion tangent all of its own), So I 100% support this suggestion.

9 minutes ago, Matoka said:

Feels like a long overdue change considering that it should have been implemented whenever Little Cup tournaments became a thing.

Over leveling is very easy to do at level 5 and irreversible, so this feature feels like a necessity and promotes future Little Cup tournaments.
As you said no one buys amnesia brace (which is a discussion tangent all of its own), So I 100% support this suggestion.

This is true but also keep in mind that we are hoping to get Little Cup support for automated tournaments eventually if it becomes more popular, as you have already  heard.

1 minute ago, Pereiraa said:

This is true but also keep in mind that we are hopeing to get Little Cup support for automated tournaments eventually if it becomes more popular, as you have already  heard.

Do we take this as conformation? if so that's very nice to hear.

Slightly misread, Yea, If automated tournaments get little cup then we can assume that it will require a game mode all of its own, which as I mentioned before feels overdue and I would really appreciate.

Edited by Matoka

Also, if you're gonna make people wait like 4 months to play NU/UU, at least give us some alternatives to the same ol' boring Chansey Blissey tier, and ofc Doubles which is boring af (At least for me). LC would be fun to try, actually breeding some stuff for it, but I hate to face the fact that I need to buy a ton of vitamins using my hard earned bps when I could be using them for other stuff, like items and special moves.

I think that forcing players to use vitamins is actually a good thing.  It gives value to the mons and makes LC very exclusive and expensive. 
As it is now LC is pretty much the only reason to use vitamins besides time saving.  Yeah and amnesia brace would be pointless like you said.

8 minutes ago, Xatu said:

I think that forcing players to use vitamins is actually a good thing.  It gives value to the mons and makes LC very exclusive and expensive. 
As it is now LC is pretty much the only reason to use vitamins besides time saving.  Yeah and amnesia brace would be pointless like you said.

Try to ev train just 6 pokes without passing lv5, and then come read what you just wrote.

Also, try doing it without using an amnesia brace, just like everyone who doesn't use a credit card to play this game.

And then tell me how fun it was to grind 60k+ bps for those vitamins. Don't forget, that was only 6 pokes.

1 hour ago, LifeStyle said:

Try to ev train just 6 pokes without passing lv5, and then come read what you just wrote.

Also, try doing it without using an amnesia brace, just like everyone who doesn't use a credit card to play this game.

And then tell me how fun it was to grind 60k+ bps for those vitamins. Don't forget, that was only 6 pokes.

The more grinding the merrier.  This is an MMO afterall not showdown with slider.  It adds value to the end product.  Also you dont have to grind bp just buy them with pokeyen xD, i mean unless you are seriously that masochistic to grind 60k bp.  

Having a lvl scale down being implemented is basically a big "fuck you" to the players who have already invested the time and money into making an LC comp team.  The value of their work is gone. 

Also Amnesia brace is like 500 rp or something.  If you cant afford to pay 5 dollars for something how do you eat or own a computer/pay for internet?  I mean damn running servers aint free.  Also you dont even need a credit card or a bank account.  They take Bitcoins son!

21 minutes ago, Xatu said:

Also Amnesia brace is like 500 rp or something.  If you cant afford to pay 5 dollars for something how do you eat or own a computer/pay for internet?  I mean damn running servers aint free.  Also you dont even need a credit card or a bank account.  They take Bitcoins son!

Cause donating to a online game is the equivalent of real life and every day expenses, seems legit

As much as I would support this, I sort of wish UU and NU would get more support overall after this idea. Not enough people play to support all the tiers but albeit isn't relevant to this discussion.

Wynaut have scaling? Why not just scale it to any level we want and not just level 5? It should be adjustable to all levels and thus we wouldn't have to keep on talking about this again when UBERS become a thing ayyy lmao

5 hours ago, Xatu said:

The more grinding the merrier.  This is an MMO afterall not showdown with slider.  It adds value to the end product.  Also you dont have to grind bp just buy them with pokeyen xD, i mean unless you are seriously that masochistic to grind 60k bp.  

Having a lvl scale down being implemented is basically a big "fuck you" to the players who have already invested the time and money into making an LC comp team.  The value of their work is gone. 

Ok, First off, No, the more grind NOT the merrier. For you, being able to make LC pokemon may be easy, that's totally fine. however OP, like many others, is frustrated at the lack of support for LC which discourages him from playing it. The thing is it doesn't matter if /you/ can easily buy an amnesia brace and vitamins and enjoy grinding, if 99% of others don't then there will not be any little cup pokemon because it requires OTHER players.

Also having level scaling down is not a "FUCK YOU" to older players, as older players are literally asking for this that play little cup, what? Yea, lets say "fuck you" to older players by giving them what they want.

It's quite obvious that there are some issues currently with support for littlecup, all you have said is that you don't care that it is a ridiculously difficult to play tier because "look at me, I have no qualms with spending money on Pokemmo (a Free-To-Play game) and I have no qualms spending tons of cash on vitamins" unlike majority of the players.

7 hours ago, Xatu said:

Also you dont have to grind bp just buy them with pokeyen xD, i mean unless you are seriously that masochistic to grind 60k bp.  

Also Amnesia brace is like 500 rp or something.

First of all, Amnesia Brace is 1000 rp.

Second, can you lend me 2M+ yen? Because that's pretty much what you need to buy 60k bps worth of vitamins.

35 minutes ago, CaptainGrey said:

I do. Maybe allow to trade amnesia braces would resolve the problem

It could solve part of the problem, not all of it.

But hey, it would be a way better option that what we currently have, which is "Have lots of bps/yen" or you don't get to play LC.

Just now, LifeStyle said:

It could solve part of the problem, not all of it.

But hey, it would be a way better option that what we currently have, which is "Have lots of bps/yen" or you don't get to play LC.

I do agre, still don't understand why vitamins are no longer available in shop. It was kinda easy to run islands and buy vitamins to ev train pokemons before.

18 minutes ago, CaptainGrey said:

I do agre, still don't understand why vitamins are no longer available in shop. It was kinda easy to run islands and buy vitamins to ev train pokemons before.

They did it so that players get rewarded with yen for doing pvp without having to win officials, basically if you win 2 unranked matches, you can buy 5 vitamins, if you sell each one for 7k, that's 35k right there. (Like 1/3 of an isl run).

But it still doesn't fix the fact that if you mess up and get your poke past lv5 (Being distracted or something), all that work breeding and getting vitamins to finally build your LC comp will have been for nothing.

Imagine if we didn't have lv50 scale in this game, and you mistakenly let your poke reach lv51, it would be pretty sad right?

On 04/05/2016 at 11:43 PM, Xatu said:

Do you not understand that LC is a dead tier? The cost of entry is too high, no one wants to put in that much work for some tier played once every blue moon w/ comps you can use literally nowhere else. It doesn't need to be exclusive and expensive, it doesn't even have that kind of popularity; there aren't long lines of players waiting to hop into LC battles. And who gives a shit if amnesia brace is pointless? That's a donator item, shouldn't be basically required to make playing a tier possible. This game is already borderline p2w as it is w/ rp selling. Devs will change amnesia brace if they wanna make money off of it that bad.

On 05/05/2016 at 1:46 AM, Xatu said:

If you knew anything about this game or showdown, you'd know they're hardly anything alike. No one is asking for sliders you mong, just a scale similar to the tourney scale for other tournies. 

This game is in alpha. Big "fuck you"s are gonna happen, and have already. The gen 4 Physical/special split rendered a lot of old comps useless. The LC crowd is literally nonexistent though, no one would be hurt. People would most likely be happier they could finally make more LC comps w/o asking for small loans of 1 million pokeyen.

Edited by Noad
No need for name calling to make your point
14 hours ago, Xatu said:

Can we just take a moment to think about how stupid this logic is? Basically, you're saying we shouldn't improve anything because those who did things before the improvements would be worse off. If people truly thought like that, nothing would ever get improved.

6 minutes ago, OrangeManiac said:

According to Darkshade it's on their to-do list.

Little Cup support has been on our list of things to do for awhile now, scaling to level 5 is a must if that is the case, alongside the Little Cup bans/restrictions.

• 2 months later...