[PSL V] PokeMMO Super League Season 5 - Week 4

4 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

The rule is if a manager does't send his lineup, his lineup from last week is used. Lion then subbed out Ryun for activity before Tuesday which was allowed, and then because craig refused to play I allowed him to make another sub in his place

So what captains comes for?

Edited by Greck
9 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

symbolic?

Where was this outrage when Xploz shifted Jovi around pre-tuesday this week?

I thought it was wrong, but I figured it was just a roster mistake that got fixed. Assumptions. If it happened when I was paying xploz I'd be upset, but I can't extend myself to being involved in everything. 

8 minutes ago, Quint said:

Is this drama still going on gypss and natalie even have their match scheduled already, no need to keep talk about it. 

I think the main problem now is that this Tuesday Rule just sucks

**also I think that this week's sub is not that a big problem, but think further, if you allow people to sub in another player for an "I dont want to fight"-reason, you can just swap in every player you like in every important battle (just like the Tuesday rule does)

-> my suggestion, allow it this week if you want, but make sure to punish those things in the future to avoid it

Edited by mcdoener
40 minutes ago, Greck said:

Also i'm against that, Captain should be a sub for the Manager, think i'm out for a week on Ibiza and i can't manage..

w8 wat?

Managers get twice the prize the players get. Managers don't have to play a single duel. And now managers don't even have to manage because their captain can bail them out. 

I am not much of a PSL expert, but imo the captain should get more money if he/she becomes a sub for the manager and the manager should get less if that happens.

Edited by lamerb
10 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I'll fight gun in dpp. Don't even care if I haven't ever done it competitively. I been on this dude's side all psl and I disagree with him once, end up getting raked through the coals cuz he's boss. 

Fight me =)

lel I'm not doing salty suite because the prize money shouldn't go to the host, but i'll happily fight you in DPP anytime. I don't really have an off switch though, but like I said I know you were just being a good manager and advocating for your team. Your refusal to drop the issue after my initial ruling and reasoning is definitely unnecessary though

11 minutes ago, mcdoener said:

I think the main problem now is that this Tuesday Rule just sucks

**also I think that this week's sub is not that a big problem, but think further, if you allow people to sub in another player for an "I dont want to fight"-reason, you can just swap in every player you like in every important battle (just like the Tuesday rule does)

-> my suggestion, allow it this week if you want, but make sure to punish those things in the future to avoid it

What's wrong with the tuesday rule? There was literally no rule for subs before I made it (basically just 100% hosts discretion which is clearly undesirable and would result in much more controversy). I don't really see how it can be abused either, and at least it sets clear cut rules which give managers leeway at the start of the week and attempts to avoid activity win problems BEFORE they become problems

I think we've established that craig isn't just an "i dont want to fight" reason, so I won't rehash that again

4 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

What's wrong with the tuesday rule? There was literally no rule for subs before I made it (basically just 100% hosts discretion which is clearly undesirable and would result in much more controversy). I don't really see how it can be abused either, and at least it sets clear cut rules which give managers leeway at the start of the week and attempts to avoid activity win problems BEFORE they become problems

I think we've established that craig isn't just an "i dont want to fight" reason, so I won't rehash that again

the problem is that managers should post their lineup without knowing what your opponent does, if you see what he's got you can switch your best players in the best situations (to make a lineup should be about predictin what your opponent sets up)

problably craig is not, but if i refuse to play next week, and bowser comes in, would you complain about it?

Edited by mcdoener
Just now, mcdoener said:

the problem is that managers should post their lineup without knowing what your opponent does, if you see what he's got you can switch your best players in the best situations (to make a lineup should be about predictin what your opponent sets up)

Well there are obvious limitations to this, you can't shuffle someone from UU2 to UU1 if the records don't allow for it (best record has to be UU1/OU1 etc). Not that many players can effectively play multiple tiers either, and theres an opportunity cost for every move

Ok to hop back on my soap box. 

Your rule makes it really easy for you as a host, which is chill and streamlined, but it also enables managers to both be lazy with roster submissions at the deadline and also stack their team if they have a group of multi-tier players. Sure we want the best match-ups buy we also want there to be a sense of risk about submitting that roster on Sunday. Subs in my opinion should only be done in case of an emergency, however you feel to define that. Thinknice made it apparent that roster submissions at the deadline were the gospel, and any changes after that were because of necessity not opportunity.

Just now, DoubleJ said:

Ok to hop back on my soap box. 

Your rule makes it really easy for you as a host, which is chill and streamlined, but it also enables managers to both be lazy with roster submissions at the deadline and also stack their team if they have a group of multi-tier players. Sure we want the best match-ups buy we also want there to be a sense of risk about submitting that roster on Sunday. Subs in my opinion should only be done in case of an emergency, however you feel to define that. Thinknice made it apparent that roster submissions at the deadline were the gospel, and any changes after that were because of necessity not opportunity.

What if I put a cap on the amount of "pre tuesday" substitutions allowed? While I understand the necessity of getting your lineup in by the deadline, FAILURE to get your lineup in can often result in activity wins which I have been adamantly trying to avoid since the season began, so you can see my logic I hope