[PSL V] PokeMMO Super League Season 5 - Week 4

So from this point forward, just assume you will play your weekly match regardless if your opponent is unreliable, if your opponent is a different person, if your opponent is yet another person, or if your opposing manager can't keep track of his team appropriately. 

Got it. 

3 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

How does this have any bearing whatsoever on my decision to allow the sub? This isn't fucking friends for life league, its PSL, where we play our matches and activity wins are avoided at all costs

bhill man 

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

So from this point forward, just assume you will play your weekly match regardless if your opponent is unreliable, if your opponent is a different person, if your opponent is yet another person, or if your opposing manager can't keep track of his team appropriately. 

Got it. 

Well this is a bit of a strawman but I'll let it slide because the sentiment is true. It's not like lion has an unlimited roster - at a certain point, poor decisions like the one lion made are going to cost you when youre scraping the bottom of your roster just to avoid an activity win

Just now, Gunthug said:

Well this is a bit of a strawman but I'll let it slide because the sentiment is true. It's not like lion has an unlimited roster - at a certain point, poor decisions like the one lion made are going to cost you when youre scraping the bottom of your roster just to avoid an activity win

I get that, but my irritation comes from the fact that Craig is still able to play. It should be the manager's responsibility to say to that player, "look, I need you to play this week for the betterment of this team. I apologize for being an asshole, but putting you in this position this week just goes to show that what I said about benching you was not true. If you need comps, I can give you comps to play with. You're my best option at this point." It looks like Lion instantly went for the easy route and just subbed craig out without attempting to be a fucking manager. And you let him take the easy route without question. 

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

I get that, but my irritation comes from the fact that Craig is still able to play. It should be the manager's responsibility to say to that player, "look, I need you to play this week for the betterment of this team. I apologize for being an asshole, but putting you in this position this week just goes to show that what I said about benching you was not true. If you need comps, I can give you comps to play with. You're my best option at this point." It looks like Lion instantly went for the easy route and just subbed craig out without attempting to be a fucking manager. And you let him take the easy route without question. 

Your irritation is 100% warranted and I understand you're just advocating for your team like a good manager should. My dispute with that line of reasoning, though, is craig didn't message lion saying "fuck you, i'm not playing for you." That seems like kind of a secondary reasoning for not playing, where the first reasoning is mostly that he quit the game altogether and probably isn't prepared to play

Ok so @DoubleJ @BlackJovi @Noad I did say in week 1 I pressume that craig would be benched for the whole season as a FKING JOKE because he agreed with JJ at some point but I then pmed him in game and clarrified it was a joke and that was that. If you guys can't realise that it was a joke then you guys are fking stupid srsly mind your own buisiness. I did not buy craig to bench him whole season, why the hell would I do that? blow credits for no reason? am I stupid or something? Srsly the only reason craig isnt playing is because I asked him prior week 1 if he wanted to play or I should let fred play( let me remind you that I got fred only because it was a failed bait and I got stuck with fred). 

So srsly JJ piss off, I didnt sub out ryuun because he was inactive last week, it happens you know, people have lives and I can understand that. I subbed him out because of his 0-3 record. Idk why you are blowing this off way out of proportion tbh, its only wednesday. And you'Re talking about team building for 3 different people, yeah sure like he knew what a rip player like craig would have played or a not so known player like nat would play. Thats just a BS excuse to try and get a free win. You're so low for someone supposed to be on a mountain.

I haven't asked for a free win. I am advocating to keep Craig in the line-up because this isn't an "emergency" situation, in my opinion, that would warrant the second substitution of the week in the same spot. It's just poor managing. 

In regards to team building, it seems I must know more about this then you if you think play-style and past experience don't account for anything. In the end, all I can ask is that Natalia actually schedule a match with Gypss, that RNG doesn't grant the 3rd option on Lion's team a win, and that Lion doesn't try to coach through a presumably lesser player. 

@Gunthug Substitutions shouldn't be made to provide an advantage (removing 0-3 Ryun on day one). I could presumably bench KingBowser and substitute him into any position where I see an easy win with this thought process. You should take bad players out of the line-up when you submit your roster, not after you get to see your opponents line-up. 

7 minutes ago, LionKIng said:

Ok so @DoubleJ @BlackJovi @Noad I did say in week 1 I pressume that craig would be benched for the whole season as a FKING JOKE because he agreed with JJ at some point but I then pmed him in game and clarrified it was a joke and that was that. If you guys can't realise that it was a joke then you guys are fking stupid srsly mind your own buisiness. I did not buy craig to bench him whole season, why the hell would I do that? blow credits for no reason? am I stupid or something? Srsly the only reason craig isnt playing is because I asked him prior week 1 if he wanted to play or I should let fred play( let me remind you that I got fred only because it was a failed bait and I got stuck with fred). 

So srsly JJ piss off, I didnt sub out ryuun because he was inactive last week, it happens you know, people have lives and I can understand that. I subbed him out because of his 0-3 record. Idk why you are blowing this off way out of proportion tbh, its only wednesday. And you'Re talking about team building for 3 different people, yeah sure like he knew what a rip player like craig would have played or a not so known player like nat would play. Thats just a BS excuse to try and get a free win. You're so low for someone supposed to be on a mountain.

o1zCKd7.gif

30 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

I haven't asked for a free win. I am advocating to keep Craig in the line-up because this isn't an "emergency" situation, in my opinion, that would warrant the second substitution of the week in the same spot. It's just poor managing. 

In regards to team building, it seems I must know more about this then you if you think play-style and past experience don't account for anything. In the end, all I can ask is that Natalia actually schedule a match with Gypss, that RNG doesn't grant the 3rd option on Lion's team a win, and that Lion doesn't try to coach through a presumably lesser player. 

@Gunthug Substitutions shouldn't be made to provide an advantage (removing 0-3 Ryun on day one). I could presumably bench KingBowser and substitute him into any position where I see an easy win with this thought process. You should take bad players out of the line-up when you submit your roster, not after you get to see your opponents line-up. 

The fact that it's the second sub means nothing to me, since the first was within the pre-tuesday window and was therefore 100% within lion's power. Again, Craig has quit and if I didn't allow the sub, Gypss would have been guarunteed an activity win on Wednesday. If you can't see how this goes against everything PSL stands for then I've got nothing left to say on the matter.

Also, that's another terrible example you gave re: bowser because you'd be wasting one of the best players in the league on an "easy win" and wouldn't be able to use him in his "original tier." Not to mention that the pre-tuesday sub rules actually allow you shuffle your lineup (look at jovi shuffling to UU this week once he realized he wouldn't have to get beat by yangsam). This is a pretty common tactic in many sports, shifting your lineup around to match your opponent's strengths and weaknesses

Anyway, I think everyone's made their point and my decision stands pretty firmly, let's move on now. Just a reminder that @InfiniteHeartz as the sub, you are required to contact your opponent and make every effort to schedule this week

2 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

Also, that's another terrible example you gave re: bowser because you'd be wasting one of the best players in the league on an "easy win" and wouldn't be able to use him in his "original tier." Not to mention that the pre-tuesday sub rules actually allow you shuffle your lineup (look at jovi shuffling to UU this week once he realized he wouldn't have to get beat by yangsam). This is a pretty common tactic in many sports, shifting your lineup around to match your opponent's strengths and weaknesses

Yo I get that, but ThinkNice put forth his rules in PSL I to ensure that "stacking your team" was done before the week started, and not offered once you've seen your opponent's line-up. This can get really messy, and if you'd like me to show you I can abuse this rule fairly heavily next week. I honestly don't like the idea of being able to just "swap your players around" in the first two days. But you are the host, and that is your decision to make. I would just like the opportunity to hear about these rule changes in the administrative thread where everyone can see. I personally was not aware of the new substitution rule, as you can likely see. 

1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

What are these accusions about coaching? srsly, you can ask anyone on my team this season and last season if I tried to make them get coached or coach them myself, they will 100% tell you I did not. I really dislike when you put words in my mouth JJ its really really annoying. I would ask you to stop doing that thanks. 

Just now, LionKIng said:

What are these accusions about coaching? srsly, you can ask anyone on my team this season and last season if I tried to make them get coached or coach them myself, they will 100% tell you I did not. I really dislike when you put words in my mouth JJ its really really annoying. I would ask you to stop doing that thanks. 

I'm not accusing you of anything. Don't be so sensitive to everything said with your name attached to it. 

Just now, DoubleJ said:

I'm not accusing you of anything. Don't be so sensitive to everything said with your name attached to it. 

You say I bought craig just to bench him, thats just something that never happened and you making it up. If you can't take jokes then idk. And now you're almost accusing me of coaching. Excuse me if I don't like being accused of bad things that I never commited. I can't just stand by while an other manager is dirtying myself and my team for some silly reason as allowed subs. 

Just now, LionKIng said:

You say I bought craig just to bench him, thats just something that never happened and you making it up. If you can't take jokes then idk. And now you're almost accusing me of coaching. Excuse me if I don't like being accused of bad things that I never commited. I can't just stand by while an other manager is dirtying myself and my team for some silly reason as allowed subs. 

Lion calm down. I don't follow everything you fucking say and the last thing I saw regarding craig was that you bought him to bench him, that's why I offered to trade for him because I had the intent of actually playing him. So I found it rather hilarious that he didn't want to play for you when you subbed him in. 

As for the coaching part, I haven't seen Nat play in over two years. That was me thinking out loud and hoping for the best. Whether you take that offensively or not is your own business.

1 minute ago, RysPicz said:

Yo Gunt remember when I told you about a certain uguuy manager who will make drama about substitutions? That was 3 weeks ago

Told you so :)))))))))))))

Oh damn you got me again

EDIT: Also, just a little info that I've been page king for the past 4 pages. So fuck you uguues. Team Mountain #1. 

Edited by DoubleJ
To exert my dominance of course.