Official PokeMMO News YouTube Channel

Bestfriends

Question

Official PokeMMO News YouTube Channel

e84db2fab00a59b31244ea1b71a0bd6c.png

I know that I am somewhat hurting my brand, but some people either like me or find me extremely annoying (due to the language barrier). I feel like I am the only PokeMMO news reporter and it would be nice to have a bilingual staff member dedicated to reporting the news (since I cannot speak any other language other than english and I feel that this game is no longer dominated by english speaking players).

Spoiler

For anyone who is a fan of my YouTube channel(s), I am not quitting. I plan on rebranding my "Roy Rogers News" channel if the staff decide on doing this.

Edited by Bestfriends

8 answers to this question

50 minutes ago, Bestfriends said:

I know that I am somewhat hurting my brand, but some people either like me or find me extremely annoying (due to the language barrier). 

That's not the only reason.

As for the idea, why? We have the forums for any/all news. You can keep up your channel, but an official one isn't need really needed. Hell, if all you want is extra people reporting this oh so important news, ask around and recruit.

they barely use the facebook or other social media things for anything other than official event shit, what the hell would they do with a youtube channel? 

things like this are better run unofficially, since there's more freedom that way and devs are too secretive about shit to ever talk about upcoming things. I'd still like to start up a podcast like i planned to a while back with some others, but i kinda never got around to it.

Pokemmo has a Youtube channel however it has been unused for 3 years

the reason for this is that management of it and the creation of videos requires diversion of staff resources that could be better spent on bug fixes or creating new events, to my knowledge they don't intend to do this kinda thing officially, but that could change I guess.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

I do like the idea of having a video released on the day of the update, with a short TL;DR of the patch notes and a small hype preview of the new content.

But for a whole News Channel, I don't believe enough is happening.

having stuff prepared for updates to launch with said update would be really nice, although if we look at the berry update there was no tutorialization for a "Figure it out yourself" experiment and tinkering mechanic (Berry combinations and maintenance) so a video neatly detailing the content in a patch seems like a pipe dream.

Grats on promotion btw :>

If it can't happen, I understand. I'll continue doing my news segments, but I just don't want to feel like I am excluding anyone from my content.

Congratulations on your promotion LeTyrone!

Edited by Bestfriends
clarification

Something I am really looking forward is live coverage of big hyped PokeMMO events like the SummerBall and 128 man tournaments. Automated tournaments are amazing, but they took away the live tournament discussions that I know a lot of people enjoyed. Before the automated tournament era, there was no need to go on twitch for official tournaments since the spectators were all in Silph Co ch7 and could comment live on what was going on. However, today, it's another story. People don't really know where to gather to spectate the duels. Spectators move around between duels to ev train, breed, shiny hunt and other stuff. When the next automated duel starts, they spectate from where they are in game and don't take the time to travel to any potential gathering place. For casual PSL matches in Vermillion ch7 or on Showdown, we always see a lot of people that talk and comment on what they see. They are forced to be there to spectate. PokeMMO players have not changed, they still enjoy participating in these live discussions.

I remember Tyrone twitched once or twice to cover live official non automated tournaments and there was a lot of viewers. Today, if someone goes on Twitch and does exactly what Tyrone used to do, I wouldn't be surprise to see even more viewers. 

Edited by lamerb