could we have a npc selling leppa berries?

DrButler

Question

prices randomy reached the 2k+ mark for a single leppa, which is just frkn absurd. npc selling them would drain money out of the system and prevent people from randomly increasing prices. i know itd cut some peoples income, but they could still farm and sell them for fair prices if they really want to stick to planting berries. even if they dont want to, theres other ways to scam people left and i have faith those people would be able to find those.

cheers

17 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Bearminator said:

We had npc who was selling all kinds of berries. Removing this NPC added sense for planting berries. If NPC would sell Leppas for 1k again, who would plant them? 
So, I don't see this happening. 

leppas reached 2,5k tho and i wouldnt be too surprised if theyd get even more expensive randomly.

anyway, had my rant. close this shit. ill just grab my kippah soon and join you

Edited by DrButler
2 minutes ago, DrButler said:

people trying to rip off other people makes me sick and it gets worse and worse imo. that i have the money to afford the berries doesnt mean that people who post them for 2,5k each arent greedy bastards.

How is it a rip off if that is the current price for Leppas, if it is the current value for Leppa berries why would someone not charge that price? I've noticed a decrease in Leppa berries lately but I believe this is down to the Halloween Event and also the increasing popularity in shiny hunting via hordes so people are keeping the crops they harvest. 

When more people start selling Leppa Berries then their prices will drop because of competitive pricing (yada yada I am not going to pretend I am an economist but this part is just common sense). 

Sticking an NPC into the game to sell berries at a static price is not solving the problem. Currently the community decides what the price is for this item and an NPC will be taking this power away and letting the developers decide what to charge. There are obviously people willing to pay this cost on the GTL if the berries are consistently selling at this price and if people cant afford them in the future then sellers will be forced to drop their prices. 

Overall I do not support this suggestion because:

1. Berry growing is a popular and easy way for people to make money who dont have time to spend hours in the game.
  2. It would be counterproductive to take away power of pricing away from the community. 
  3. It would make no sense to just have one type of berry to be sold by an NPC, why not every other berry too? This would defeat the purpose of our berry growing function.

in the end its up to everybody what they sell their stuff for and i actually just wanted to have a rant as i already mentioned above, but when people already earn solid money with berries and still go for more, because they just cant have enough that disgusts me somehow.

So on this note, Going to fix and comment legit like i wanted to before I saw some troll post.

Basically like Noad said anything that allows players to make money through grinding is actually good for the game.

If you want cheap berries you should be farming them yourself.

You could have as many as you want if you just invest the time to do it.

I think you got this just check out the berry farming guide.

<3 Good job ShadowGary.

Edited by Hotarubi
Gonna fix my comment now

Already denied before :(

The problem I see with Berry farming is that its forced our businesses move abroad to Hoenn and they are selling it back to us. Hoenn is killing us in trade. Its a defective agreement, it has been a defective agreement for a long time, many years, but the staff haven't done anything about it. I propose we put a 45% tax on importing berries from Hoenn to prevent our companys from moving abroad and to bring jobs back to Kanto.

#Make Kanto Great Again

Limit the number of leppas to be available in store per 24 hours (like give us a stock of 99 leppas every 24hr) Growing leppas is cool and all but paying 2K for a leppa at times is ridiculous, specially when we have very shitty ways to make "new money" currently.

Make those leppas untradeable so it removes the possibility of abuse using alts.