Fix the GTL

Goku

Question

Honestly I can't tell you how many deals I miss on the gtl due to fighting a gym leader or other shit that interrupts my purchases. I am asking that we are able to purchase from the gtl regardless whether we are busy fighting a gym leader or if we are being healed or if a simple thing like the pc tabs are open. A LOT of times I can't purchase jack cuz of this shit. Why are we able to purchase from the gtl when we are in a normal encounter battle and not when we are fighting a gym leader??? Anyone else experiencing this BS?

8 answers to this question

49 minutes ago, Goku said:

Anyone else experiencing this BS?

This is a feature, not a bug, so it's the same for everyone.

In regards to being able to use the GTL while in battle, it would be a QoL improvement for GTL snipers.

Currently there's an opportunity cost for GTL snipers, by going into battle you forfeit the opportunity to snatch great deals.

13 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

This is a feature, not a bug, so it's the same for everyone.

In regards to being able to use the GTL while in battle, it would be a QoL improvement for GTL snipers.

Currently there's an opportunity cost for GTL snipers, by going into battle you forfeit the opportunity to snatch great deals.

Yes it'll be a quality of life improvement. I can then snipe and grind at the same time. Can you explain to me as of why it is this way? 

Edit: I mean everyone will still have the same chance to snipe. It's not an opportunity lol it's infinite access to the gtl. Lol if you call sniping on the gtl an opportunity that's sad af. Just shows the few ways of one actually being able to make a good buck without having to buy RP.

Edited by Goku
53 minutes ago, Goku said:

Yes it'll be a quality of life improvement. I can then snipe and grind at the same time. Can you explain to me as of why it is this way? 

Edit: I mean everyone will still have the same chance to snipe. It's not an opportunity lol it's infinite access to the gtl. Lol if you call sniping on the gtl an opportunity that's sad af. Just shows the few ways of one actually being able to make a good buck without having to buy RP.

Why it is that way? Probably coding restrictions from the developpers end. Similar to being unable to open your bag in a battle...

ece8d2f8dfe2b12542edb1427676b888.png

"Set of circumstances"  being: There is a good deal on the GTL + You are not in battle + You have enough pokeyen

"To do Something" being: Buying the item/pokemon

How is correctly using the definition of opportunity sad? If you're going to attack my comment, at least try to be in the right.

14 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

Why it is that way? Probably coding restrictions from the developpers end. Similar to being unable to open your bag in a battle...

ece8d2f8dfe2b12542edb1427676b888.png

"Set of circumstances"  being: There is a good deal on the GTL + You are not in battle + You have enough pokeyen

"To do Something" being: Buying the item/pokemon

How is correctly using the definition of opportunity sad? If you're going to attack my comment, at least try to be in the right.

Great work on summing up the definition of opportunity. A + for you.

Bag in battle I mean like why?? What is the advantages of being able to open a bag in battle? Nothing so why is it also restricted?

How can you call smth an opportunity if a player isn't able to take course. "The opportunity presented itself yet you couldn't take action cuz you were in a battle" that sounds silly af. So basically we are priveleged to use the gtl and once a player lists a bargain you are prevented to buy it if you are in battle even though you are competing with 100 other players whom also saw it... What about the vultures that watch gtl 24/7... I wasn't attacking your comment, I was just sharing my views on it. 

1 minute ago, pachima said:

My issue with this is that GTL can be accessed and used while gymming other regions. Why would unova be different?

Ty. Perfect comment.

3 hours ago, Goku said:

Can you explain to me as of why it is this way? 

Differences in scripting really. Gen5 scripts don't give up exclusive locks before it starts battles. Wild battles don't have any reason to add an exclusive lock, so that's why you can buy in wild battles.

It could probably be changed manually, but it's a decent amount of work and this is a fairly low priority.

25 minutes ago, Desu said:

Differences in scripting really. Gen5 scripts don't give up exclusive locks before it starts battles. Wild battles don't have any reason to add an exclusive lock, so that's why you can buy in wild battles.

It could probably be changed manually, but it's a decent amount of work and this is a fairly low priority.

I don't doubt that it is but I am pretty sure a lot of players would be satisfied if this was resolved. I mean could you at least check into the possibility of adjusting it if you have the time? That'll be great! Thanks in advance.