Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

Official Events take more time to set up then Unofficial ones to, we also do not specifically cater to what one group of people would like. We consider the rest of the community as well, again, please be patient as you have been asked before.

I don't want to see anymore of these specific complaints here as they have been addressed several times.

explain how? theres no difference all you do is slap the word official on it

Official Events take more time to set up then Unofficial ones to, we also do not specifically cater to what one group of people would like. We consider the rest of the community as well, again, please be patient as you have been asked before.

I don't want to see anymore of these specific complaints here as they have been addressed several times.

80% of the people who play this MMO train level 50 OUs. Not this level 15 bullshit.

Edit: @What I underlined: Please link me to where you have addressed it. I would like several links because you have addressed it several times.

Keep in mind several means more than two, but not many

db9dca784e049c04d5148d62ff9ccd04.png

You guys have complained multiple times, and it has been addressed by several people including myself, if you need a link then search the forums or read your past posts and the threads they are contained in. I do not need to explain the process because it is a staff procedure. 

Please keep in mind you are 1) arguing with the person who is TRYING to get your FNF out to the public, and who has your interests at heart, as well as the rest of the community 2) I am not willing to continue this discussion here because it is not constructive, and nothing is going to come from talking about this.

You need to accept that things sometimes take time and be patient. It is not an issue of Staff willing to host tournaments/Events, we do not need staff members who specifically run tournaments. 

>Don't want to cater to a small group's opinion

>Don't want to see a lot of the same complaints

Do you see the problem here? If you can complain about there being several complaints then it's probably not a small group's opinion anymore.

Now can we please have a real level 50 4v4 tournament without some dumb gimmick, and while you're at it give that tournament a good prize so I don't have to see these gimmick tourney winners flaunt their shiny eevee, charmander, heracross, etc., while the Friday Night Fifties winners chill with staryu and doduo (Lickitiung was a nice one I must say that.) 

You, again, are complaining to someone who hosts events that cater to the standardized pvp, gimmick pvp, and non-tournament Event groups of people. It is not a large group of people complaining either, it is the same handful of people over and over.

I don't want to hear any more complaints because the Standardized tournaments you are speaking of are being worked on, and will be put in the public when they are finished, not anytime before no matter how much you complain.

This discussion is over as there is nothing new to say.

EDIT: I also will not be responding to demands for "better prizes". The next FNF prize has already be decided on, and it is not going to change. If that is what determines whether or not you will sign up and compete then that is your choice, not ours.

You guys have complained multiple times, and it has been addressed by several people including myself, if you need a link then search the forums or read your past posts and the threads they are contained in. I do not need to explain the process because it is a staff procedure.

Please keep in mind you are 1) arguing with the person who is TRYING to get your FNF out to the public, and who has your interests at heart, as well as the rest of the community 2) I am not willing to continue this discussion here because it is not constructive, and nothing is going to come from talking about this.

You need to accept that things sometimes take time and be patient. It is not an issue of Staff willing to host tournaments/Events, we do not need staff members who specifically run tournaments.

You dont need people who answer questions on global, but you have those. And you havn't addressed it many times, and if you did it was a half-ass answer. Don't say you try to cater to everyone when the majority of this MMO trains level 50 OUs.

>Don't want to cater to a small group's opinion

>Don't want to see a lot of the same complaints

Except there is a large difference about rudely complaining and making a polite suggestion.

Firstly I'd like to address everybody in this thread, and make sure that nobody thinks I am calling them out personally, because that is not the case.

This thread is for feedback and suggestions, as the title says.

We appreciate the feedback given to us by our users, and we are glad you want to see more exciting tournaments and events to keep the game interesting, but it seems to me that some people are under the impression that we owe you tournaments.

We do not owe you anything.

So if you'd like your voices to be heard, please reconsider the wording of your feedback, how about a polite;

"Thank you for the tournaments you have been hosting guys, but I'm afraid I would have enjoyed X a lot better."

Because I think that is far more likely to be taken into account than "I hate this, I hate that, why aren't you guys trying?!"

You dont need people who answer questions on global

That is the job of a CM.

You dont need people who answer questions on global, but you have those. And you havn't addressed it many times, and if you did it was a half-ass answer. Don't say you try to cater to everyone when the majority of this MMO trains level 50 OUs.

Explain to me exactly how I do not cater to everyone? I run gimmick/fun tournaments, standardized (keep in mind you cannot see our event planning) and non tournament events. The reason why we do not need people specifically for Event running is because any staff member can do so (which is no secret) and any staff member can help out with our Events.

It has been addressed previously and it is addressed again here, if you still are confused then I will clarify:

1) Planning and executing Official Events takes time (Getting volunteers, deciding on various aspects such as rules, etc)

2) Certain Staff members like to run specific events, as they are their ideas etc. So it is up to them to Administrate and get the ball rolling on them. For example: I run the Scavenger Hunts, get the ball rolling on them. If I am away or sick, etc then it gets pushed back.

Keep in mind you have zero ideas about what is currently being planned and worked on. Your complaining here does not in anyway speed up the process for FNF etc. Again this is not an issue of having enough staff to host Events.

Some things we plan to do:

• Continue to run / run "normal tournaments" (on a regular basis as before).
  • Continue to run "gimmick/fun tournaments".
  • Continue to run non-tournament events.

Some things we will not do:

• Recruit Events-only Staff members.
  • Host events without going through the internal process that is required.

Except there is a large difference about rudely complaining and making a polite suggestion.

Firstly I'd like to address everybody in this thread, and make sure that nobody thinks I am calling them out personally, because that is not the case.

This thread is for feedback and suggestions, as the title says.

We appreciate the feedback given to us by our users, and we are glad you want to see more exciting tournaments and events to keep the game interesting, but it seems to me that some people are under the impression that we owe you tournaments.

We do not owe you anything.

So if you'd like your voices to be heard, please reconsider the wording of your feedback, how about a polite;

"Thank you for the tournaments you have been hosting guys, but I'm afraid I would have enjoyed X a lot better."

Because I think that is far more likely to be taken into account than "I hate this, I hate that, why aren't you guys trying?!"

You quoted something I said then ranted about manners rather than anything relevant to what I had said. Mind you in the second part of my post which you did not quote I started with "Now can we please" which is about as polite as I go. Complaining about wording being nice or not is more a thing with you telling someone they personally need to be more polite, and how you or other staff feel about a certain person really shouldn't affect how you take their suggestions. 

And as far as complete refusal to throw in a staff member strictly for organizing official events I really cannot see why you wouldn't even consider doing so. If there were one specific member of the staff for big events we'd have a go-to guy for it. If I want to know something about the graphics or what ever, I know to go to Darkshade, but when it comes to events if someone wants to ask about an event that should be being held, someone always just goes "ask this guy, that one tournament is his." 

EDIT: Also, I have something else completely off topic to the prior discussion to suggest; I think it'd be a good idea to either slap the word official in front of the existing OU/BL list, or otherwise make an official one since official tournaments have actually used that list. Just saw some post asking where an official OU list was because the other one is considered unofficial, which is what made me think this.

Just a thought on shinies as prizes. Many shiny traders have expressed concern when I have spoken to them about the number of rare shinies given as official tournament prizes. Tournaments should have good prizes, no doubt, but the number of official tournaments and the number of rare shiny prizes given in each is enough to threaten the shiny market.

This isn't a problem that should be taken lightly, because shiny trading, no matter how it is regarded by other players, is one of the main post-story line activities, and shouldn't be considered inferior to competitive play. I am sure many shiny traders wouldn't object to shiny prizes, but maybe they should be less valuable.

Just a thought on shinies as prizes. Many shiny traders have expressed concern when I have spoken to them about the number of rare shinies given as official tournament prizes. Tournaments should have good prizes, no doubt, but the number of official tournaments and the number of rare shiny prizes given in each is enough to threaten the shiny market.

This isn't a problem that should be taken lightly, because shiny trading, no matter how it is regarded by other players, is one of the main post-story line activities, and shouldn't be considered inferior to competitive play. I am sure many shiny traders wouldn't object to shiny prizes, but maybe they should be less valuable.

Thank you for the Feedback MOROZOV, to keep it going would First Place prizes perhaps as common shinys, rare customization items/Event specific customization items or otherwise obtainable customizations items be suitable replacements in your mind? 

I am not promising anything but would like your's or any other community member's opinions on the subject. 

Thank you for the Feedback MOROZOV, to keep it going would First Place prizes perhaps as common shinys, rare customization items/Event specific customization items or otherwise obtainable customizations items be suitable replacements in your mind? 

I am not promising anything but would like your's or any other community member's opinions on the subject. 

I think the set up of shiny first prize, customisable item second prize is fine. But I think maybe the value of shinies handed out as first prize be reconsidered. Instead of 30+ egg shinies (I know there are different opinions on value) like Growlithe, maybe they should be 5-10 egg shinies like Arbok or Cloyster. Just my thought, I too would be interested to hear other opinions.

Would just like to say that I loved the make a GUI event and hopefully - with a new official interface possibly coming out - we see this again!

I never get sick of drawing either and I think a lot of us had fun with the "draw your character" event. Was great to see some of the amazing talent going around the community.

Keep up the good work guys :)

I think the set up of shiny first prize, customisable item second prize is fine. But I think maybe the value of shinies handed out as first prize be reconsidered. Instead of 30+ egg shinies (I know there are different opinions on value) like Growlithe, maybe they should be 5-10 egg shinies like Arbok or Cloyster. Just my thought, I too would be interested to hear other opinions.

That is fair, I will consider this for my future Tournaments/Events. I will also encourage others who host Events to do so as well.

Would just like to say that I loved the make a GUI event and hopefully - with a new official interface possibly coming out - we see this again!

I never get sick of drawing either and I think a lot of us had fun with the "draw your character" event. Was great to see some of the amazing talent going around the community.

Keep up the good work guys :)

Thanks, ShadowBoxer. Your entry into the last Art Contest was very nice. I can tell you I have an Art Contest planned for the future, no guarantees on when but happy to hear you appreciate that sort of Event. 

Single pokemon tournament. Not just 1 vs. 1. I'm talking 6 vs. 6 but the rule being that all 6 have to be the exact same pokemon.

On a semi-related note, I don't understand the rule you have on there about not using the same pokemon more than once. If someone wants to use 3 Charizards I don't see why they should be stopped. A single water type would destroy all 3.

6 Shuckles VS 6 Shuckles!

Smeargle Smashup was pretty fun tho

I think this is where I can post it...? Um an idea since I was watching the Hoenn and Diamond Pearl series of Pokemon...to some what have the Coordinator aspect for fun.
Now if this is already an event or something please send a link because I haven't seen anything about it yet and I'd like to:) On top of seeing a bunch of these names in the thread of events which I have no idea what they are... anyways

Panel of 3-4 Judges...You enter with your character who is all to your belief appealing and having matching color pokemon to add appeal and what not..they pick a certain amount of people who they think looked the best, and then have battles of those picked to determine a winner.

This might have been mentioned before but since I completed the game I've just been hunting shinys and iv pokemon and have yet to get into any tournaments but I think having a competetion like the contests in the anime would be fun and give me something to work for with my outfits for my dude, plus I like matching my pokemon to my guy and I might not be the only one out there but then you get a tournament based off making it past the appeals round. If its been mentioned then disregard, if not then its an idea for something new!

If its hard to understand then here,[spoiler]YBA6lrs.jpg

Ive only bought the Bandana so far from the store but i'll be donating again probably tonight to add more to my guy but as in I match with each one of them a little. Then i'd use those three for a 3 on 3 battle or 2 on 2 or even 1 on 1 depending of the contest.

[/spoiler]

Just an idea. Don't shoot if its been mentioned. Just tryna find something more to do!

So we keep getting told "this is not the place to bash Official Tournaments" everywhere we post, but never get redirected. Going to have to assume this has to be the place, or that you have decided there is no place allowed for us to criticize Official Tournaments.

Archinix, you completely disregarded all prior community discussion regarding the introduction of a UU Banlist, or the implementation of an NU Metagame, and went ahead and posted your Official NU Tournament with a seemingly sporadic and ill-conceived list of Pokemon (also in doing so missed the point of Tiers completely). The overwhelmingly negative response from the forum-frequenting community (aka what tends to be considered the Competitive Community) would seem to suggest they see that as a slight against them. Why did you do it this way?

So we keep getting told "this is not the place to bash Official Tournaments" everywhere we post, but never get redirected. Going to have to assume this has to be the place, or that you have decided there is no place allowed for us to criticize Official Tournaments.

Archinix, you completely disregarded all prior community discussion regarding the introduction of a UU Banlist, or the implementation of an NU Metagame, and went ahead and posted your Official NU Tournament with a seemingly sporadic and ill-conceived list of Pokemon (also in doing so missed the point of Tiers completely). The overwhelmingly negative response from the forum-frequenting community (aka what tends to be considered the Competitive Community) would seem to suggest they see that as a slight against them. Why did you do it this way?

Plague, remember this is just another gimmick tournament, if you do not like it or how it is run, you do not require to participate. Not all events will interest everyone, as you know, there is negative feedback in the thread. I understand how you feel, but this is just something new to try out. 

It may be a list but it is not to be looked at as an Official list. If an official one was being put together, I would have talked to competitive players on the thought (as DopestDope said in the thread.)

I will re-create the whole NU list for this tournament, by PMing competitive players, and then have my lists together and organize them to create a new list.  (Using DopestDopes suggestion)