Please dont ever add any legendries even weak ones

Metalkitty66

Question

17 answers to this question

Counter argument: Add all of them and make them all catchable for each player, but they are not tradable, not breedable, and cannot be used in PVP. That way people can still catch their favorite legendaries and just have them as completion goals and trophies. You can even make quests for obtaining each legendary which would add an abundance of content to the end game. It makes no sense to not have them at all because of balance fears when there are very obvious and easy solutions like the ones I listed above. As it stands right now legendaries are not even really part of the game since they are primarily controlled by a handful of players who actively play hot potato with them. This would make them accessible to all while maintaining balance and rarity since they would be end game goals.

6 hours ago, QuantumShift said:

Counter argument: Add all of them and make them all catchable for each player, but they are not tradable, not breedable, and cannot be used in PVP. That way people can still catch their favorite legendaries and just have them as completion goals and trophies. You can even make quests for obtaining each legendary which would add an abundance of content to the end game. It makes no sense to not have them at all because of balance fears when there are very obvious and easy solutions like the ones I listed above.

If you want to take the stance that PvE balance doesn't matter at all, that's true - this however, is not the stance we have.

It also wouldn't be particularly fun to have such a watered down prize.

5 hours ago, Darkshade said:

If you want to take the stance that PvE balance doesn't matter at all, that's true - this however, is not the stance we have.

pls bro don't add johto too it will unbalance the game pls let's say #stopwedoontwantjohto

Edited by DarylDixon
16 hours ago, QuantumShift said:

Counter argument: Add all of them and make them all catchable for each player, but they are not tradable, not breedable, and cannot be used in PVP. That way people can still catch their favorite legendaries and just have them as completion goals and trophies. You can even make quests for obtaining each legendary which would add an abundance of content to the end game. It makes no sense to not have them at all because of balance fears when there are very obvious and easy solutions like the ones I listed above. As it stands right now legendaries are not even really part of the game since they are primarily controlled by a handful of players who actively play hot potato with them. This would make them accessible to all while maintaining balance and rarity since they would be end game goals.

don't understand why this isn't already in the game. make them accessible in the post game via quests, dungeons or completion achievements, either give them nerfs or lock them out of any battle outright, and have them be unable to use in trade, PVP, etc. there really isn't any reason to not add them

you basically have live through it to know how much cancer it would be . but let me try my best.

I'll try to break it down on why in pokemon mmo. legendries shouldn't exist

1. it would ruin global trade. pokemon like landerus. torandus thunderus and heatran cost of pokemon skyrocket. right now can get pokemon easy with 800-1 mill but when these pokes come in picture talkin about mons 25-26m pokemon 

2. I literly hate these pokemon with burning passion they basically ruined pvp diversity moment they release. from gen 5 all way gen 9 seem always be found every single ou team not once have they fallen. would perfer keep this overpower mons off the game.  how much they break pokemon as a whole. pokemon mmo should deserve from pvp formats we already have dont think you release how much of impact they had on organally gen 5 meta game how boring OU was because they existed cause pretty much cause out everyone faced they had at least one of them in there team this goes back to my first point as it ruined pokemon mmo eco

3. we dont need make this game any easier hidden abilities are already good enough by adding legendries basically saying its perfect fine add overpowered mega evolutions when they ever release gen 6 and im sorry mega-gengar is not ok 

Edited by Metalkitty66
16 minutes ago, Metalkitty66 said:

you basically have live through it to know how much cancer it would be . but let me try my best.

I'll try to break it down on why in pokemon mmo. legendries shouldn't exist

1. it would ruin global trade. pokemon like landerus. torandus thunderus and heatran cost of pokemon skyrocket. right now can get pokemon easy with 800-1 mill but when these pokes come in picture talkin about mons 25-26m pokemon 

2. I literly hate these pokemon with burning passion they basically ruined pvp diversity moment they release. from gen 5 all way gen 9 seem always be found every single ou team not once have they fallen. would perfer keep this overpower mons off the game.  how much they break pokemon as a whole. pokemon mmo should deserve from pvp formats we already have dont think you release how much of impact they had on organally gen 5 meta game how boring OU was because they existed cause pretty much cause out everyone faced they had at least one of them in there team this goes back to my first point as it ruined pokemon mmo eco

3. we dont need make this game any easier hidden abilities are already good enough by adding legendries basically saying its perfect fine add overpowered mega evolutions when they ever release gen 6 and im sorry mega-gengar is not ok 

for 1. and 2. again, just... lock them out of trading/selling/pvp.

as for 3. they can just make legendaries completely unusable in normal battles. or nerf their stats/movesets like they did with garchomp since he can't learn swords dance. it's their game so they can change what they want, it's not that serious.

Johto is fine just no legendries or mythicals

do really think they bother giving them 50 base stat spread only can use tackle to make everyone happy am ok with you using legendries skins on any pokemon. just as long as jsut cosmic not actually pokemon

am not joking here or trolling being serious. not just massive stats it was how these pokemon was used that destroyed pvp and how they be abused if they ever used in pve or competitve play. clearly dont know if didnt experence it yourself

when pokemon is so busted rather by stats or move pool that it shapes almost every single team in pvp meta then no they dont deserve right be played heatran be every sun team now you have opinions not just 1 mon ruling them all no contest

as far as i understand legendries of all times shouldnt be able to be caught period they shouldnt exist

Edited by Metalkitty66
8 minutes ago, Metalkitty66 said:

do really think they bother giving them 50 base stat spread only can use tackle to make everyone happy am ok with you using legendries skins on any pokemon. just as long as jsut cosmic not actually pokemon

am not joking here or trolling being serious. not just massive stats it was how these pokemon was used that destroyed pvp

I don't have much faith in the legendary project as such, many things clash in my mind, or many things I don't think work very well, but I would refresh a dead pvp so I guess everything can change

I don't play comp at all for the same reason I feel that the pvp ou and others are so stagnant and forgotten :c

If I were the one who had the choice of putting legendaries, I would first open a semi beta in randoms with them, to see how they can exploit the game and it would be more fun since this mode is very casual 

but we have to hope for the best, trust the administrators that everything goes well and well, do you want a hamburger?

20 minutes ago, Metalkitty66 said:

am not joking here or trolling being serious. not just massive stats it was how these pokemon was used that destroyed pvp and how they be abused if they ever used in pve or competitve play. clearly dont know if didnt experence it yourself

when pokemon is so busted rather by stats or move pool that it shapes almost every single team in pvp meta then no they dont deserve right be played heatran be every sun team now you have opinions not just 1 mon ruling them all no contest

as far as i understand legendries of all times shouldnt be able to be caught period they shouldnt exist

do you not understand that they could just ban them from pvp? 😭

5 hours ago, Kaiwara said:

do you not understand that they could just ban them from pvp? 😭

On 7/26/2023 at 2:21 AM, Darkshade said:

I do not think these people understand how dominating these trio of pokemon they release every pokemon game they release. what have you lived under rock to know that landerus, torandos and thunderus been literly overly used . dont even get me started on kento Zaptos that mon is. even swords of justice was game breaking in pve. these pokemon will ruin all forms of pve balience. cause screw if they have great IVS or not they alone , not mention that nintendo wont allow it

these pokemon poster boys of the pokemon game.  do really think they wont pick up stick if pokemon mmo devs added legendries that single handedly ruined a pokemon competitive for over  4 generations  we already have players make consist teams that are clones of one another already . top pvp players have pretty much same teams you see it all the time in gen 9 and gen 9 pvp is the worst ever been top 10 players all having same team cause flutter mane god teir busted stats and move pool come on guys 

If they where good in pvp. you Better believe they god teir levels busted in pve. so. one of these could defeat e4 alone

Edited by Metalkitty66
On 7/26/2023 at 1:21 AM, Darkshade said:

Well they would be for the late game and are completion goals, much like how like rare shiny hunting is a late game completion goal. They would not impact the story and besides gym rebattles there really is no PvE in this game. And in the event they implement more PvE then just ban them from battles all together. They can basically be like shinies, just sit in the box and let people look at them. Even if it is a watered down prize, it still adds hours and hours of content to the game with very little recourse. The devs control the game, they could do anything they want to balance them or even re-imagine them. Hate the gene trio? Well make them balanced or just make them only learn tackle, idk there are infinite possibilities other than just saying NO to adding them

On 7/27/2023 at 9:03 AM, Crueldad said:

The legendaries of johto will not come, it is an invention of the government

*cry*

What if the roaming legendaries were in but they weren't catchable.... like an encounter you can't flee from randomly happens and there's a reward for knocking them out? Like, you can't catch Entei but sometimes Entei just shows up to beat your ass.