Discussion: Top Ranks vs Celebritys

caioxlive13

Question

As people might know, some players have a high fanbase, either because it reached on high positions on ladder and tours, or because they're popular streamers. But streamers are so skilled than Top Ranks? The idea is create a Even when Top Ranks face streamers, on Recorded matches to be posted on Youtube. If people wants, they could add in-game money to which side they're betting the win, and even the players can bet something.

This idea is essentially bringed from smogon, and became popular due to iconic temp6t vs OU council match. It would be a good idea to bring it to MMO? Give your inputs below 

4 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, TohnR said:

There's not many "famous" players that aren't top players themselves. Most streamers are not known from the wide majority of the competitive scene

that's true, but still some players are famous but not top ranks like if i recall, patrouski? Correct me if i'm wrong, but i haven't see it on top rank.

Also, why staff moved the topic to the Suggestion Box? That's not even a properly suggestion for devs/staff do, it are like the PSL Teams vs World Cup discussion that was brought in past year.

27 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

that's true, but still some players are famous but not top ranks like if i recall, patrouski? Correct me if i'm wrong, but i haven't see it on top rank.

Also, why staff moved the topic to the Suggestion Box? That's not even a properly suggestion for devs/staff do, it are like the PSL Teams vs World Cup discussion that was brought in past year.

What's the point of them playing vs comp players to just get facerolled, roleplayers vs comp players will never be interesting, that already happens on the ladder. The community behind pokemmo isnt big enough to have good streamers behind it, the only ones I'd vouch from what I see on twitch sometimes is Orange and Madara, and they are already on the very top of the comp scene aswell.