CANT BEAT RED? I HAVE A STRAT

Having a little trouble with red? Dont want to spend a ton of time EXP training? 

AQUIRE 6 WOBBUFFET 

AQUIRRE 6 FOCUS SASHES 

All 6 Wobb need two moves for this strat to work. Mirror Coat and Counter

For the 5 special attacking pokemon on Red's team, use Mirror Coat, and for the Snorlax, use Counter. EVs/ IVs do not matter. Levels should be mid 70s 

EXAMPLE WOBB: 

wobb.PNG.80079d4b32bce908724f5483d4e31b79.PNG

Is not foolproof. Can be beaten if you get frozen or paralyzed. GL gamers  

28 minutes ago, Untotes said:

Having a little trouble with red? Dont want to spend a ton of time EXP training? 

AQUIRE 6 WOBBUFFET 

AQUIRRE 6 FOCUS SASHES 

All 6 Wobb need two moves for this strat to work. Mirror Coat and Counter

For the 5 special attacking pokemon on Red's team, use Mirror Coat, and for the Snorlax, use Counter. EVs/ IVs do not matter. Levels should be mid 70s 

EXAMPLE WOBB: 

wobb.PNG.80079d4b32bce908724f5483d4e31b79.PNG

Is not foolproof. Can be beaten if you get frozen or paralyzed. GL gamers  

Stored power clefable solos red. 

3 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Beating Red is so ridiculously easy I don't feel like it requires any strategy, if anything, he might start switching mons with new update or his AI will get updated. So far I can beat the shit out of him using only 2 mons (and I did it twice already).

Yup 110% this, my Chansey was able to solo everything but Snorlax while poisoned the first time I beat him. Just feel like taking away options on how to do certain things is odd so I'm hoping they let people have this one, no reason not to.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Wambowama Unfortunately, you can no longer have duplicate pokemons (or items).

What I do is start with an espeon with Magic Bounce to repel the effects of the Red's first pokemon, and use Reflect/Light Screen (if I think it will help me).

For the rest, I use my most offensive pokemons in order to end the battle as quickly as possible. The pokemon I think could cause you more problems is Pikachu of Sinnoh team, as you can't defeat him with just one hit (and Infernape also have focus sash).

You can see the possible teams after the update in the following post. And good luck!