The addition of legendaries makes sense!

22 hours ago, Doctor said:

People who think this have no idea about PvP and it shows, most legendaries are underwhelming at best in competitive matters lmao

Thats not the only issue 

the meta is stale already and with just 2 new legendary pkmn the new team everyone plays has to include a mix of this now

suicune raikou chansey garchomp dragonite scizor  or t tar rotom wash

out of 603 pkmn in the dex

I only see 8 and now 3 of them are legendary just like everyone else nowdays

its not a skill issue its BORING

every pokemon just wanna be overtuned and cheese and everyone wanna play their ”favourite” pokemon

those 8 pkmn in general + maybe 1 random busted OU pkmn that also dances or whatever just like everyone else 

That's also not true at all. Sure, the OVERUSED Pokémon are OVERUSED for a reason, but Suicune fits only in a very specific type of team, Raikou is not seeing play and when it does it just sucks most of the time, and even if what you just said was true, having MORE POKÉMON available would alleviate this issue, not make it worse.

You can't complain about seeing the same Pokémon in every team and at the same time being against more Pokémon being introduced, you're just biased by nostalgia thinking legendaries are something great when in reality most of them were hardly OU, and considering we're missing still a lot of comp staples like HA Alakazam, regenerator slowtwins and Tangrowth, etc.

On 9/16/2023 at 10:04 AM, Proteus84 said:

Imho they 'd have implemented  the caught legendary & mythical as temporarily : which means they disappear from you party after a bit of time (1 hour?) because they're too powerfull and break free.

You can find again the legendary in its place after a cooldown.

So you can meet them to complete the storyline and the pokedex as in original games.  <<Many player 'd be fine with just this.

You can enjoy your legendary for a while: battle with friends, but no PVP because they 're listed as banned.

You can crush gym leaders, elite four, etc but there's no way this is an efficient mean to moneymaking, because you have to consider all the time and item (repels, pokeballs) you spent before to catch the legendary in the dungeon, so you wanna use an optimal team of regular pokemon.

The recatchable aspect may open to great enjoyment by player, like catch all legendary run, contest who catches a legendary with highest IV, try to have the most legendary in an hour and fight a friend....

I don't think this way there'd be the "problem" to see too many players going around with legendary  follower, except maybe the first week the legendary is implemented in pokemmo (which is normal)

But for people still complain, you can add an option in the menu you can't see other player legendary follower, beside yours.

Sorry I just don't like your idea. They don't need to disappear from your party. I much rather that they stay with you forever just like in the main games. Like jesus christ, this is a video game, we're supposed to be having fun, not to follow some god forsaken lore about their legendary status and how they're too powerful and what not. Nobody becomes joyful or excited having their legendary pokemon disappear from their party and also, you only have the legendary for 1 hour? That's too short, the PokeMMO devs might as well not add them.  Then you can find the legendary again? That's going to worsen how grindy the game already is. There's a reason why this game isn't mainstream. 

Why no PVP? Oh, because they're overpowered? I for one don't care if I am up against an opponent with many legendaries and I'm sure most people don't care. I hate how so many people in this community are crying like babies about how broken legendaries going to be and yadda yadda yadda. Keep the tiers how they are in the normal games and stop crying about how OP they are in PVP or implement an OU w/o legendaries tier if so many people are UPSET AND CRYING over legendaries being used in PVP. 

On 9/20/2023 at 3:54 PM, greatvortex said:

this is a video game, we're supposed to be having fun, not to follow some god forsaken lore about their legendary status and how they're too powerful and what not. Nobody becomes joyful or excited having their legendary pokemon disappear from their party and also, you only have the legendary for 1 hour? That's too short, the PokeMMO devs might as well not add them.  Then you can find the legendary again? That's going to worsen how grindy the game already is. There's a reason why this game isn't mainstream. 

That time limit was illustrative. It'd be 1 hour, 6 hours, 24 h... you can implement a consumable item you give him to extend the time...

I said 1 hours because it's less the time you can do a full regions' gyms rematches, however it's enough you can enjoy your legendary.

This'll includes the legendary you've to catch for the main story (Zekrom, or regi trio for Regigigas)

And it's based on my experience and perception that casual player catch the legendaries for completeness and fun, but rarely they keep in their team to defeat E4 and other stuff, cos they prize their storyline pokemon and fair challenge.

I mean someone who isn't a children.

They do keep them and train if they gonna into competitive.

The issue that everybody use them so you have.

PokeMMO is notably a game that fix to make more balanced.

But that was the case for Game Freak when banning mythical and legendary from battle frontier facilities.

Why they're allowed in competitive PVP ?

Imho because they have to make money.

They release new mainline game > first year without legendary in pvp

then they can $$$ sell DLC with tons of legendaries (before it was Ultra games rippoff) or paid subscription to Home

Then they repeat with the next game

A reset that a MMO can't do.

You'll see next year there'll be a mass of legendary dog in the GTL sold at a cheaper and cheaper prize.

My suggestion may not be perfect; but rebattling legendaries 'd be an added feature to Pokemmo, just like Gym and E4 rematch.

The fact you can't keep it forever solve the aforementioned problem, but you can imagine you can get a lot of items, like the raids of recent pokemon games.

On 9/20/2023 at 11:16 AM, Doctor said:

But Suicune fits only in a very specific type of team, Raikou is not seeing play and when it does it just sucks most of the time.

1- What you said about suicune is wrong. Suicune is broken in the tier, since we literally have no offensive threats to properly pressure it. You are the one not watching OU enough, otherwise you'd understand just how much pressuring (no pun intended) Suicune is to opposing teams.

2- Using usage for a Pokemon that is incredibly more restricted than anything else is very misleading. Suicune is by far much more useful than Raikou and yet they are at around the same usage.