What wrong with the client ?

Thank God. I mean it's bad of course but I was scrambling last night through my phone to see what might be interfering with the client. It's probably the new update.

Edit: Afaik it is happening on Android

Edited by Goku

Yeah I was experiencing the same issue. I started last month and put in 200 hours so far, never had an issue with my vanilla android install during that whole time, nothing changed, and then the update dropped the other day and I'm constantly getting disconnected. Sometimes it says client tampering, sometimes it says I fainted while disconnecting even though there's no possible way for level 25 Pokemon to faint my level 100 Banette (hunting entei in route 48) but still somehow it kicks me back to the poke center like all 6 level 100s got knocked out by the random level 25s there.

You won't get any help from support, just an auto reply and they don't even seem to fully read what you write, that was my personal experience anyway, just redirect you to the client tampering article even if you've indicated that you've already read it and followed the suggestions there. I figure it's best to take a break and hope everyone else having these issues speaks up until they decide to stop immediately blaming their players and actually investigate to see if there's an issue on their end. 

Everyone I've talked to who has had a similar experience knows what the client tampering page says, we've all read it, we all double checked everything. 

Meh, hopefully it gets resolved. Best to play something else while they sort it out and all the complaints roll in. 

20 minutes ago, AlteredMind said:

sometimes it says I fainted while disconnecting even though there's no possible way for level 25 Pokemon to faint my level 100 Banette (hunting entei in route 48) but still somehow it kicks me back to the poke center like all 6 level 100s got knocked out by the random level 25s there.

To touch on this, 

When you have an active battle and you disconnect from the game for more than 5-10 minutes or you close down session, you will automatically be brought back to PC and blocked from using sweet scent for 10 minutes.

This will happen during wild battles, gym battles, elite 4 etc..

If you trigger a battle, log out, then log back in, it will ask if you want to continue your session (you only have this option for a few minutes to do this)

If you press no, you again will be "fainted" and brought back to PC.

Im not sure why it is like this, probably something to do with exploiting animation times with sweet scent? Idk. Either way its annoying, but a part of pokemmo life 

Everything else......very sorry to see youre having a rough time with staff. It seems like youre not alone, and support team is probably being flooded with tickets at the moment.

The true shame, is the communication barrier between staff and players.

If youre aware of a current issue, at least let your player base know whats going on, and what is planned to get things back to "normal" again. A time estimate, even if its "we dont know how long this will persist for" would also be a nice help.

We simply have to sit tight and stay tuned

Best of luck ♡

40 minutes ago, AlteredMind said:

Yeah I was experiencing the same issue. I started last month and put in 200 hours so far, never had an issue with my vanilla android install during that whole time, nothing changed, and then the update dropped the other day and I'm constantly getting disconnected. Sometimes it says client tampering, sometimes it says I fainted while disconnecting even though there's no possible way for level 25 Pokemon to faint my level 100 Banette (hunting entei in route 48) but still somehow it kicks me back to the poke center like all 6 level 100s got knocked out by the random level 25s there.

You won't get any help from support, just an auto reply and they don't even seem to fully read what you write, that was my personal experience anyway, just redirect you to the client tampering article even if you've indicated that you've already read it and followed the suggestions there. I figure it's best to take a break and hope everyone else having these issues speaks up until they decide to stop immediately blaming their players and actually investigate to see if there's an issue on their end. 

Everyone I've talked to who has had a similar experience knows what the client tampering page says, we've all read it, we all double checked everything. 

Meh, hopefully it gets resolved. Best to play something else while they sort it out and all the complaints roll in. 

I had a discussion with them last night. They're aware and obviously working on it. Just have some patience with them.

1 hour ago, CanadaSorry said:

To touch on this, 

When you have an active battle and you disconnect from the game for more than 5-10 minutes or you close down session, you will automatically be brought back to PC and blocked from using sweet scent for 10 minutes.

This will happen during wild battles, gym battles, elite 4 etc..

If you trigger a battle, log out, then log back in, it will ask if you want to continue your session (you only have this option for a few minutes to do this)

If you press no, you again will be "fainted" and brought back to PC.

Im not sure why it is like this, probably something to do with exploiting animation times with sweet scent? Idk. Either way its annoying, but a part of pokemmo life 

Everything else......very sorry to see youre having a rough time with staff. It seems like youre not alone, and support team is probably being flooded with tickets at the moment.

The true shame, is the communication barrier between staff and players.

If youre aware of a current issue, at least let your player base know whats going on, and what is planned to get things back to "normal" again. A time estimate, even if its "we dont know how long this will persist for" would also be a nice help.

We simply have to sit tight and stay tuned

Best of luck ♡

I'm aware of how it's supposed to work but to clarify it simply isn't working correctly. It hasn't been giving me the option to reconnect to my session in progress it was booting me to character select and then when I immediately log back in I'm already at the pokecenter. 

Thanks for being understanding and you hit the nail on the head, good open communication goes a long way. I have over 4k hours in Guild Wars 2 and when there's an issue they let their players know that they're aware of the problem and that they're actively fixing it with an estimated timeframe. There's been nothing of the sort. 

57 minutes ago, Goku said:

I had a discussion with them last night. They're aware and obviously working on it. Just have some patience with them.

To be fair it hasn't been obvious at all that they're aware of it or that they're working on it. When support simply sends you a generic prebuilt response, ignores everything in your message, and redirects you to a troubleshooting page that you indicated that you already followed without any mention of an issue that they're aware of and actively investigating how would the general playerbase just instinctively know that they know about it and are actively working on it? There's been no announcement about it, every post about it gets locked with a message directing them to the client tampering support page regardless if someone has mentioned that they have already read and followed all the instructions. I think if they are actually aware of it and are indeed actively working on it that they should make a post that indicates as much. 

Edited by AlteredMind

确实,我今天已经见到身边几十个玩家出现这种情况,几乎所有的群组,都在讨论这个问题,但是我们根本无法找到原因,希望管理能够早日说明原因,不然普通玩家也无法修正。Indeed, I have seen dozens of players around me experiencing this situation today, and almost all groups are discussing this issue. However, we cannot find the reason at all. We hope that the management can explain the reason as soon as possible, otherwise ordinary players cannot fix it.

Aller lo reporte muchas veces y ya me han baneado 4 veces le escribi a megabladers que para quien no sepa quien es es uno de los mejores youtubers de pokemmo de habla hispana y hoy en la noche hablara sobre ese tema ya que no solo le da problemas a uno solo sino que es un baneo masivo les invito pasen por su canal aver si el sabe que hacer 

1 hour ago, AlteredMind said:

I'm aware of how it's supposed to work but to clarify it simply isn't working correctly. It hasn't been giving me the option to reconnect to my session in progress it was booting me to character select and then when I immediately log back in I'm already at the pokecenter. 

Thanks for being understanding and you hit the nail on the head, good open communication goes a long way. I have over 4k hours in Guild Wars 2 and when there's an issue they let their players know that they're aware of the problem and that they're actively fixing it with an estimated timeframe. There's been nothing of the sort. 

To be fair it hasn't been obvious at all that they're aware of it or that they're working on it. When support simply sends you a generic prebuilt response, ignores everything in your message, and redirects you to a troubleshooting page that you indicated that you already followed without any mention of an issue that they're aware of and actively investigating how would the general playerbase just instinctively know that they know about it and are actively working on it? There's been no announcement about it, every post about it gets locked with a message directing them to the client tampering support page regardless if someone has mentioned that they have already read and followed all the instructions. I think if they are actually aware of it and are indeed actively working on it that they should make a post that indicates as much. 

When they receive a few 100 reports in less than a day, it's not easy to reach out to everyone. They will give an update on it once they have found a solution.

46 minutes ago, Goku said:

When they receive a few 100 reports in less than a day, it's not easy to reach out to everyone. They will give an update on it once they have found a solution.

If they're receiving that many reports you would think that they would make a post just saying, hey we're aware there's an issue, please bear with us while we investigate the cause and find a solution. I don't think making excuses for a lack of communication is healthy for the playerbase. 

Players affected by client tampering closures (and temporary bans) are running software which interferes with the game client. Most of the time this is autoclickers/macroing software. Sometimes it's because they're using a "multi-game" app which allows them to run multiple clients on the same device.

You can visit https://pokemmo.com/tampering for more information. Players are instructed to uninstall the software, and provided it's their first offence, will have their tempbans removed.

6 hours ago, Goku said:

After you filed your ticket and were instructed to remove your macro software, you stopped being kicked for tampering. This was not an error.

5 hours ago, AlteredMind said:

You haven't been banned, but you may want to visit the above support article before you are.

Edited by Kyu
  • Kyu locked this topic