Make the Legendary respawn buff a team buff

BrokenJoker

Question

5 answers to this question

Imo that's a really bad idea as this can be super easily abusable. Me and my 5 other pals kill the legendoggo to boost the rate for 145 other people in the team? I do like the concept of team buffs overall, but surely not in that way.

3 hours ago, RysPicz said:

Imo that's a really bad idea as this can be super easily abusable. Me and my 5 other pals kill the legendoggo to boost the rate for 145 other people in the team? I do like the concept of team buffs overall, but surely not in that way.

They can easily make it so that one person can only boost the team buff once. Thats why caps exist, to stop people from abusing stuff. I know you secretly agree with the idea because you low key admitted that people would still find such a boost worth using.

4 minutes ago, Johnwaynee said:

That would heavily favour teams that just care about the numbers rather about quality. It puts every smaller team in a unfair disadvantage

If by quality you mean alts then, naturally people who play more should get rewarded more. If you can play 3 alts at the same time that's more power to you. Its only fair to get more rewards as opposed to a person playing less. If by quality you meant people who barely play then they arent going to boost your team bonus anyway cause they barely play.

About the numbers thing, smaller teams are always at a disadvantage because they have less members coming up with pve/pvp strats experimenting or scouting or even catching pokemon in catching events. So this small team disadvantage has always been there and always will be because its inherent to that team style. Besides people should be encouraged to come together instead of living in isolated pockets.

1 hour ago, BrokenJoker said:

They can easily make it so that one person can only boost the team buff once. Thats why caps exist, to stop people from abusing stuff.

I can understand that one person can boost the team once and that's fair, but if you get like 60 people in the team buffing the rate for all the others... I dunno, just doesn't sound right. 

1 hour ago, BrokenJoker said:

I know you secretly agree with the idea because you low key admitted that people would still find such a boost worth using.

What I do agree with, is finding a way to help us find the legends more reliably, not having to pray to RNG. I spent 27 days (!!) for Suicune hunt last month, I would really love to see any way to get this thing less luck reliant. I don't completely discard the whole idea, I just believe it's too abusable in it's currently presented form (and I'm not smart enough to present a refined way myself, fairly sure there are more competent people for that).

3 hours ago, BrokenJoker said:

They can easily make it so that one person can only boost the team buff once. Thats why caps exist, to stop people from abusing stuff. I know you secretly agree with the idea because you low key admitted that people would still find such a boost worth using.

If by quality you mean alts then, naturally people who play more should get rewarded more. If you can play 3 alts at the same time that's more power to you. Its only fair to get more rewards as opposed to a person playing less. If by quality you meant people who barely play then they arent going to boost your team bonus anyway cause they barely play.

About the numbers thing, smaller teams are always at a disadvantage because they have less members coming up with pve/pvp strats experimenting or scouting or even catching pokemon in catching events. So this small team disadvantage has always been there and always will be because its inherent to that team style. Besides people should be encouraged to come together instead of living in isolated pockets.

Really no offense here, but this take isnt it.  PvP has nothing to do with catch rates and cant be compaired at all. 

Your suggestion would put smaller in a disadvantage - or according to your take, even more disadvantage. 

I think the general conclusion i get here is that the rate from legendogs needs adjustments itself, where i fully agree.

However, not with stuff that puts people in a unnecessary advantage/disadvantage or with stuff that can be easily abused by creating dummy teams or whatever. Rather same odds for everyone.

Edited by Johnwaynee