Why NPC's pokémon can switch hidden power types during the battles?

Red's pikachu using Hidden power Type grass or ice? Because I've been trying to prove why NPC's can switch in any type of hidden power at convenience . Are we playing Yu-Gi-Oh! with dump cards or something? Just so I can adjust my GAME MECHANICS please. 3 amulet coins to take that pikachu with Insanely boosted speed. Not even an Infernape with scarf can take it out and besides that, the hidden power type switching in the same battle or match.

Spoiler

screenshot_1702001956.png

Edited by Luxrayboy789
8 hours ago, Luxrayboy789 said:

Red's pikachu using Hidden power Type grass or ice?

As mentioned above, Ditto copies the moves (here Hidden Power) but the HP type will be defined by Ditto's IVs. In PokeMMO, you can change the HP type of any Pokémon (including Ditto) using gems. Red uses Partner Pikachu (base speed 120) and HP ice.

Good luck (^:

12 minutes ago, Luxrayboy789 said:

you feel so secure of what you're saying how they initially work, if iirc Hidden powers worked via IV's but none of 31 IV's would guarantee the type you wanted. As you say so if I change the dittos type it's going to work. But that's not how transform WORKS.

It’s literally how it works, Ditto retains its Hidden Power type even after transforming, no matter the typing of the copied Pokémon’s hidden power

On 12/8/2023 at 7:52 AM, Luxrayboy789 said:

you feel so secure of what you're saying how they initially work, if iirc Hidden powers worked via IV's but none of 31 IV's would guarantee the type you wanted. As you say so if I change the dittos type it's going to work. But that's not how transform WORKS.

You think its some conspiracy but you really don’t understand how transform works. All stats except hp are exactly copied so are the natures positive and negative effects and the EVs and IVs effects apply as well. However if the ditto has hidden power, then hidden powers type will be determined by your dittos IVs rather than the opponents

This has always been the same mechanic since HP was introduced. So you clearly don’t know how transform works.

You can literally google this.

Lol, don’t get mad when someone is telling you the right things.

16 hours ago, ShinyGengar said:

You think its some conspiracy but you really don’t understand how transform works. All stats except hp are exactly copied so are the natures positive and negative effects and the EVs and IVs effects apply as well. However if the ditto has hidden power, then hidden powers type will be determined by your dittos IVs rather than the opponents

This has always been the same mechanic since HP was introduced. So you clearly don’t know how transform works.

You can literally google this.

Lol, don’t get mad when someone is telling you the right things.

As you clearly said it copies IV's as well, the only difference is the mechanic how it works here in PokeMMO not in general. I remember playing PBR in the Wii console and transform copied the hidden power types. So its because how it works here, not in the base game. It might be because HP works here with assignation so the rule doesn't apply with transform as well

9 minutes ago, Luxrayboy789 said:

As you clearly said it copies IV's as well, the only difference is the mechanic how it works here in PokeMMO not in general. I remember playing PBR in the Wii console and transform copied the hidden power types. So its because how it works here, not in the base game. It might be because HP works here with assignation so the rule doesn't apply with transform as well

It doesn't copy the IVs, it copies the final calculated stats of the opponent. This means that Ditto's own Hidden Power type determines which type it will receive if it Transforms into an opponent with the move. This is how it has worked in every generation.

• Rache locked this topic