Compensation for players that already have 12 tablets

3 minutes ago, CanadaSorry said:

Ill be the clown today.

Theres no female version, because theres no male/female version of ANY vanity to exist. Deal with it

Team Rocket and Team Magma outfits are different based on gender. Girls have a skirt on both of these

Just now, CanadaSorry said:

No need to create problems that arent problems in the first place. Imo this vanity is fairly gender neutral and to my general vibes, that should suit your narrative just fine. Move along. 

Back to the current issue......

Your loyal playerbase

(Of males AND females.....)

Well, they release two pics, which should have female version. If they said this earlier, I dont need to wate time to catch 480 mons, and I can just get it from GTL

6 minutes ago, CanadaSorry said:

Ill be the clown today.

Theres no female version, because theres no male/female version of ANY vanity to exist. Deal with it

Oh, I meant that the vanity was kept a "secret" for this long because it wasn't even a thought when the tablets were introduced. My gamble for the red nose is bigger than yours 😎

I thought there was both a male and female version of the outfit, the male one being basically a shameless recolor of the Traditional New Years suit or whatever the name is; and the female one being the robe, but idk. Still underwhelming for a FOMO-induced insanity grind for which we didn't get told what the reward was.

It's pretty concerning that they're introducing new pointless grinds that they can later use as a wildcard to give content later, because the entire point of grinding for something is knowing what the something is. For example, we knew what the reward for getting all the wisps was in Halloween, so I could decide to not grind them because I wasn't interested in the reward. But secret rewards like this or the Wishing Stone basically FORCE us to grind if we don't want to miss something possibly big, only for it to be two vanities.

Edited by Doctor
weird double posting sorry hehe
Just now, Elizn said:

Team Rocket and Team Magma outfits are different based on gender. Girls have a skirt on both of these

Im wrong. Thats somewhat fair. Also a purchasable vanity at any point of the year. And im not sure why "gender exclusion" is suddenly an issue when literally every single other exclusive robe falls under the same criticism lol maybe we should add female golden dragon masks? Does that actually fix anything?

Addressing your loyal playerbase for their valuable time invested....thats something worth a thought or two

1 minute ago, CanadaSorry said:

Both parties. The people that saw the mountain and said "lets climb it" amd the people that saw such a large requirement and said "theres no chance my real life allows that". Both deserve some sort of compensation. 

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you 100% that this was hard for all parties. No one knew what the tablets even did before the update that dropped a couple hours ago. I even waited until today to do the tablets because i didn't know if it was worth it or not.

Maybe in the end, this update needed to happen for the average player to even manage the grind? Alot of the player base has work, school and family to attend to. I'm just trying to look at this as logically as possible and leave my feelings out of this at this time. They probably had a reason for the change.

3 minutes ago, Kripe said:

Maybe in the end, this update needed to happen for the average player to even manage the grind? 

This update needed to happen, so the average player can understand what the "normal" means around here. 

Edited by CanadaSorry
Just now, Kripe said:

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you 100% that this was hard for all parties. No one knew what the tablets even did before the update that dropped a couple hours ago. I even waited until today to do the tablets because i didn't know if it was worth it or not.

Maybe in the end, this update needed to happen for the average player to even manage the grind? Alot of the player base has work, school and family to attend to. I'm just trying to look at this as logically as possible and leave my feelings out of this at this time. They probably had a reason for the change.

Yes, the change is welcomed, don't get me wrong; I even mentioned the amount of turn-ins being too high before in the forums. What we are complaining about is how late the change is introduced with no compensation whatsoever for anyone who did the grind without even knowing what the rewards was only for it to be two vanities. It's straight up disrespectful towards the players and their time. And as always, a lot of disrespect that could've been avoided by COMMUNICATING. Devs have the time to pettily respond to people trying to appeal their (deserved) bans, but they don't have the time to keep us all updated on these kind of things? Sigh

11 minutes ago, CanadaSorry said:

Ill be the clown today.

The lack of Female cosmetics is and has been an ongoing issue since this game came out. We understand there are more doods that play, doesnt exclude our lack of representation for the few of us that are women. People complain about things, not everyone will be happy. Deal with it. 

5 minutes ago, Doctor said:

For example, we knew what the reward for getting all the wisps was in Halloween, so I could decide to not grind them because I wasn't interested in the reward. But secret rewards like this or the Wishing Stone basically FORCE us to grind if we don't want to miss something possibly big, only for it to be two vanities.

This is why i was asking

"What the hell is the wishing stone for?"

Cause the general accepted theory was "wait till next event"

Now thats here and.....what the hell is this event? Lmao why did the requirements suddenly get cut in half, while at the same time raids got twice as difficult? This is annoying and cumbersome

7 minutes ago, Doctor said:

My gamble for the red nose is bigger than yours 😎

Hehehehe 

♡♡♡

2 minutes ago, Unidentifiable said:

The lack of Female cosmetics is and has been an ongoing issue since this game came out. We understand there are more doods that play, doesnt exclude our lack of representation for the few of us that are women. People complain about things, not everyone will be happy. Deal with it. 

And i mean. Thats fair and everything. But the basic concept of making a male and female version of; battle axe; mages staff; butterfly wings; flower hairpins; lollipops; shadow bone skull; gender neutral elfbot sets. 

Theyve been trying. And thats not the underlying issue to the problem at hand. Thats just trying to add fuel to the fire. 

First things first. Why arent both male/female alike compensated for their effort and time.

Why is there only 1 version available, for the amount of time invested, thats a great suggestion. Why dont female characters get slightly different variants than male characters? Idk. Maybe that requires twice the effort. Maybe its easy. But its secondary to the fact that hundreds/thousands of people (official numbers 'cant be disclosed') waste their time. For some red tunic thats probably on par with the traditional lunar outfit we see for 6k

1 minute ago, Doctor said:

Yes, the change is welcomed, don't get me wrong; I even mentioned the amount of turn-ins being too high before in the forums. What we are complaining about is how late the change is introduced with no compensation whatsoever for anyone who did the grind without even knowing what the rewards was only for it to be two vanities. It's straight up disrespectful towards the players and their time. And as always, a lot of disrespect that could've been avoided by COMMUNICATING. Devs have the time to pettily respond to people trying to appeal their (deserved) bans, but they don't have the time to keep us all updated on these kind of things? Sigh

Communication is very important, especially in settings like these where the player base have invested what seems to be 40 hours into something they didn't even know anything about to begin with. A general statement would be very helpful to understand their decision to wait so long to reduce the amount of work needed to receive the new limited cosmetic.

Maybe they were looking for feedback and maybe the process was delayed? Again, i'm trying to reason with logic.

We still have faith in the Wishing Stone. The devs worked so hard for the new features and did an awesome job in terms of Gameplay, we are having fun, they have some Bugs and balancing stuff to fix, but 10/10. The problem is that the rewards are really low and very down for the level of this event... the vanities are average and not convincing since Johto, and the new legendaries Pokémons hype is fading out every day 

1 minute ago, SrGallade said:

We still have faith in the Wishing Stone. The devs worked so hard for the new features and did an awesome job in terms of Gameplay, we are having fun, they have some Bugs and balancing stuff to fix, but 10/10. The problem is that the rewards are really low and very down for the level of this event... the vanities are average and not convincing since Johto, and the new legendaries Pokémons hype is fading out every day 

Agreed!

Just now, Kripe said:

Communication is very important, especially in settings like these where the player base have invested what seems to be 40 hours into something they didn't even know anything about to begin with. A general statement would be very helpful to understand their decision to wait so long to reduce the amount of work needed to receive the new limited cosmetic.

Maybe they were looking for feedback and maybe the process was delayed? Again, i'm trying to reason with logic.

I respect the optimism, but they arent waiting for any form of feedback. Its very much a "let them eat cake" basis, every year, every event. We have the same thing resurface time and time again. 

What you said there....

1 minute ago, Kripe said:

the player base have invested what seems to be 40 hours into something they didn't even know anything about to begin with.

The fact that they even have this......feels like a giving grace, thats continuously shit on. The "loyal player" holds next to no value here. And its wierd. Because its the loyal players that keep this game alive by dragging their friends 10+ years in exile from pokemon, to this "safe haven of awesomeness" that only really reveals its true colours once you invest into it.

Theres a lot of work that needs to happen imo, that does not include adding new content, that would make this "not real life" world much better to live in. And the sad part is....it starts at the basics....communicate and listen to your loyal player core

• Kyu locked this topic