is there a most optimal speed run team for Alt Accounts?

43 minutes ago, Doctor said:

Yeah it's called Cloyster

Cloyster won't do it for several storylines- there are some 3v3 battles in Johto and Sinnoh where Cloyster just simply won't do it, I tried it xD

For Kanto all you would need is a Starmie. It's generally the absolute best pokemon for altruns overall- make it Modest with max spatk and speed, give it TBolt, Ice Beam, Surf and Psychic (Psyshock would've been *much* better but unfortunately it does not get passed through breeding), mow down the storyline and you can re-breed the mon itself.

For Johto and Sinnoh, I typically use Krooko + Exca + Starmie. For Ho-oh fight, Krooko and Exca hold Rawst berries. Lately I've figured that it might be better to just keep 2 mons on the level cap for the Ho-oh fight and transfer them before the fight itself. Starmie clears entire storyline all by itself anyway

For Hoenn unfortunately Starmie won't do 😞 I used to run Hoenn with Gallade, though but a little more about this mon below.

Other great pokes include Krookodile (amazing pokemon for clearing E4), Excadrill with HA (clears the sturdy fights), PoryZ, Medicham or Gallade. Gallade is capable of solo-ing Kanto, Hoenn and Unova thanks to it's monstrous damage boost from Sharpness (I used Sacred Sword, Night Slash, Leaf Blade and Psycho Cut), but it's expensive to re-breed as it can only breed with Ditto, and you need to re-moveset it for each storyline.

Cloyster,  Mold Breaker Haxorus and Pinsir are also great options, especially Pinsir thanks to it's good attack/speed and no need to use any items to evo it. Haxorus is a very common pokemon for alts, but I'm not fond of it because it evolves late.

Unova is disgusting, don't run it if you value your mental health

Edited by RysPicz
On 2/27/2024 at 4:46 PM, RysPicz said:

Cloyster won't do it for several storylines- there are some 3v3 battles in Johto and Sinnoh where Cloyster just simply won't do it, I tried it xD

For Kanto all you would need is a Starmie. It's generally the absolute best pokemon for altruns overall- make it Modest with max spatk and speed, give it TBolt, Ice Beam, Surf and Psychic (Psyshock would've been *much* better but unfortunately it does not get passed through breeding), mow down the storyline and you can re-breed the mon itself.

For Johto and Sinnoh, I typically use Krooko + Exca + Starmie. For Ho-oh fight, Krooko and Exca hold Rawst berries. Lately I've figured that it might be better to just keep 2 mons on the level cap for the Ho-oh fight and transfer them before the fight itself. Starmie clears entire storyline all by itself anyway

For Hoenn unfortunately Starmie won't do 😞 I used to run Hoenn with Gallade, though but a little more about this mon below.

Other great pokes include Krookodile (amazing pokemon for clearing E4), Excadrill with HA (clears the sturdy fights), PoryZ, Medicham or Gallade. Gallade is capable of solo-ing Kanto, Hoenn and Unova thanks to it's monstrous damage boost from Sharpness (I used Sacred Sword, Night Slash, Leaf Blade and Psycho Cut), but it's expensive to re-breed as it can only breed with Ditto, and you need to re-moveset it for each storyline.

Cloyster,  Mold Breaker Haxorus and Pinsir are also great options, especially Pinsir thanks to it's good attack/speed and no need to use any items to evo it. Haxorus is a very common pokemon for alts, but I'm not fond of it because it evolves late.

Unova is disgusting, don't run it if you value your mental health

many many thanks! would you mind sharing the others movesets, especially Krooko and Exca ?

23 minutes ago, N00byD00 said:

many many thanks! would you mind sharing the others movesets, especially Krooko and Exca ?

For Krooko I use EQ, Crunch, Brick Break and Rock Slide (all of them are getting passed during breeding)

Exca uses EQ, Rock Slide, Brick break and X-Scissor (same story- they all get passed after re-breed)

I was also using Gengar for Hoenn- it solo'd, it's very easy to use/ re-breed and works super well. Mine is TBolt, Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball and Giga Drain

Hope this helps 🙂

11 minutes ago, CanadaSorry said:

Now that we have HAs too, you could just run a bunch of moxie abusers. Once one of them starts the sweep, its pretty much a GG. Probably a bit expensive but moxie is pretty damn OP

Moxie is horrible for alt running because every single time you get into a battle and kill something you’re gonna have to endure the Moxie animation tbh, it’s amazing for E4 and whatnot but I’d rather use literally anything else for story

On 3/1/2024 at 1:33 PM, RysPicz said:

For Krooko I use EQ, Crunch, Brick Break and Rock Slide (all of them are getting passed during breeding)

Exca uses EQ, Rock Slide, Brick break and X-Scissor (same story- they all get passed after re-breed)

I was also using Gengar for Hoenn- it solo'd, it's very easy to use/ re-breed and works super well. Mine is TBolt, Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball and Giga Drain

Hope this helps 🙂

ive seem to hit a bit of a wall, would you mind listing your team(s) for E4(s); Ho-oH, and Giratina respectively?

1 hour ago, N00byD00 said:

ive seem to hit a bit of a wall, would you mind listing your team(s) for E4(s); Ho-oH, and Giratina respectively?

I'll give you screenshots 🙂 I was about to run a Johto alt when the event hit so they are still unevolved.

For every e4 I also bring a low level Sturdy pokemon with Stealth Rock (to break other Sturdy pokemon and focus sashes).

Spoiler

f6b986a40078add86cd971efac6a5d67.png

f22901704031549a62fe4574da9a2494.png

1271bb8c3bdf4e1ec1e455c6f49730b4.png

00d6e2a5ca6d565a07a6408887e61443.png

10 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I'll give you screenshots 🙂 I was about to run a Johto alt when the event hit so they are still unevolved.

For every e4 I also bring a low level Sturdy pokemon with Stealth Rock (to break other Sturdy pokemon and focus sashes).

Hide contents

f6b986a40078add86cd971efac6a5d67.png

f22901704031549a62fe4574da9a2494.png

1271bb8c3bdf4e1ec1e455c6f49730b4.png

00d6e2a5ca6d565a07a6408887e61443.png

cant thank you! enough!

As someone who casually did speedruns and has made 20+ playthroughs on any region, it's staryu.
I tried numerous mold breaker, skill link mons etc. But at the end of the day it all boils down to staryu.

There is krook/gyara you might consider for johto additionally. 

Start at level 20 with starmie (evolved) and thats pretty much it. (Ice Beam, T-Bolt, Psych, Surf)

The main reason is pretty simple: Krook and co evolve too late while starmie is at full power from the beginning and it covers everything with its wide movepool and 2x good stab moves.

And its cheap. No need for 2x31 natured. Some neutral 2x25 is more than enough. Pass the moves from your previous staryu to the new one and thats it.

Never do more than 2 mons because you want the ep to max level/level cap all the time. Eventually send a third just as a hm-slave (with things such as Fly/Cut you are able to skip certain story parts), and revive slave if your staryu happens to die infight

Edited by Johnwaynee
On 3/4/2024 at 1:44 PM, Johnwaynee said:

As someone who casually did speedruns and has made 20+ playthroughs on any region, it's staryu.
I tried numerous mold breaker, skill link mons etc. But at the end of the day it all boils down to staryu.

There is krook/gyara you might consider for johto additionally. 

Start at level 20 with starmie (evolved) and thats pretty much it. (Ice Beam, T-Bolt, Psych, Surf)

The main reason is pretty simple: Krook and co evolve too late while starmie is at full power from the beginning and it covers everything with its wide movepool and 2x good stab moves.

And its cheap. No need for 2x31 natured. Some neutral 2x25 is more than enough. Pass the moves from your previous staryu to the new one and thats it.

Never do more than 2 mons because you want the ep to max level/level cap all the time. Eventually send a third just as a hm-slave (with things such as Fly/Cut you are able to skip certain story parts), and revive slave if your staryu happens to die infight

Starmie isn't good in Unova or Johto. It struggles with too many fights compared to something like Gallade or Cloyster. For Hoenn and Kanto it is the best by far though. 

Sinnoh is a bit more personal preference than most. I prefer Cloyster or Gallade but Starmie works well as well. Also for Kanto, you want as close to max spa as possible for certain damage rolls on key fights. Particularly Silph Co Giovanni and Saffron gym. However for more casual/less optimal approaches, lower ivs and neutral nature can work fine

8 hours ago, XanarchyNL said:

Starmie isn't good in Unova or Johto. It struggles with too many fights compared to something like Gallade or Cloyster. For Hoenn and Kanto it is the best by far though. 

Sinnoh is a bit more personal preference than most. I prefer Cloyster or Gallade but Starmie works well as well. Also for Kanto, you want as close to max spa as possible for certain damage rolls on key fights. Particularly Silph Co Giovanni and Saffron gym. However for more casual/less optimal approaches, lower ivs and neutral nature can work fine

Just train low level speed hordes to level starmie to 20.  That gives you like 80+ speed, really no need for max stats. For Unova i somehow never had problems with starmie. However, for Johto it wont be enough due to the boss fights as mentioned

Edited by Johnwaynee

Starmie is perfectly fine for Unova, it's what I've used the most throughout all of my runs. Maybe 2x Starmie just to be sure in case of Sturdies and whatnot but yea, way more than enough.

What I do for EV training them is the poor man's Training Link: equip an Exp Share on all 6 mons and beat low level hordes like Nidorino near Fuchsia, gives enough exp to reach level 20 and not go over it while being able to EV them to the max cap

22 minutes ago, Wolfgangerl said:

I never used a single breeded mon on stories, just caught and trained some random mons i encountered during the storyline

Never lost a single npc battle

The thread is not about beating the storyline with or without bred mons, it's about beating it fast for alt characters 🙂