Can we please have an in-game "Encounter Counter" added to PokeMMO?

Fourthy

Question

This feature has been requested for years judging by the threads I found when searching for this.

Why hasn't it been added? Could a developer please explain? Is it more difficult than it sounds? As a developer myself I really cannot see why this feature hasn't been added already. Surely there is a reason.

Is it simply an oversight not to have added it already? Surely it has been considered.

This would be such a massive improvement over installing third party apps that work but are very clunky, ugly and tedious to use.

Thoughts?

7 answers to this question

I think the reason is devs want to keep the game as close to the original saga as possible, excluding the changes made to adjust to an MMO economy. Although stuff like IVs being shown in the Summary tab was also externalized a long long time ago until they were indeed implemented as a feature, so who knows, maybe we’ll get it soon tm

Everyone uses one anyway. Having it in-game would just even the playing field for those who don't want to install external resources.

Also couldn't they just make it toggle-able in the menu and disable it by default? Then people who don't want it would never have to use it ykno

15 hours ago, Fourthy said:

This would be such a massive improvement over installing third party apps that work but are very clunky, ugly and tedious to use.

I agree with the suggestion in general but why don't you tell us what you really feel.

16 hours ago, Doctor said:

I think the reason is devs want to keep the game as close to the original saga as possible, excluding the changes made to adjust to an MMO economy. Although stuff like IVs being shown in the Summary tab was also externalized a long long time ago until they were indeed implemented as a feature, so who knows, maybe we’ll get it soon tm

IIRC Diamond and Pearl had an encounter counter.

Also please add this, the 3rd party encounter counters dont work on Mac.

Edited by Summrs