Recover Released Pokemon at Pal Park

Frieren

Question

A teammate of mine recently accidentally released an expensive comp pokemon, and was frustrated by the lack of any way to recover it. Pal Park in Sinnoh is currently not implemented, but in the DS games it allowed Pokemon to be inputted from the Gen 3 games, and then caught at Pal Park. I'm not a coder, but it sounds like the basic bones of a "recapture" system are already there. What if Pal Park were converted into a place to recapture your most recently released Pokemon? That would open up another location in the very barebones Sinnoh, and it would give valuable QOL utility.

8 answers to this question

14 hours ago, Frieren said:

A teammate of mine recently accidentally released an expensive comp pokemon, and was frustrated by the lack of any way to recover it. Pal Park in Sinnoh is currently not implemented, but in the DS games it allowed Pokemon to be inputted from the Gen 3 games, and then caught at Pal Park. I'm not a coder, but it sounds like the basic bones of a "recapture" system are already there. What if Pal Park were converted into a place to recapture your most recently released Pokemon? That would open up another location in the very barebones Sinnoh, and it would give valuable QOL utility.

There is a pop up you need to confirm in order to release high IV Pokémon. How can you still accidently release them? 

3 hours ago, CaptnBaklava said:

There is a pop up you need to confirm in order to release high IV Pokémon. How can you still accidently release them? 

I never said he was smart, just that he was frustrated. Long-time players who do lots of catching will get comfortable with skipping right through this pop-up without reading because it will appear many times for mons which are not signifigant at all. Rather than trying to improve the pop-up itself, why not just reduce the consequences of getting it wrong? Even if they only stick around Pal Park for 12hours, that's something.

2 hours ago, Frieren said:

I never said he was smart, just that he was frustrated. Long-time players who do lots of catching will get comfortable with skipping right through this pop-up without reading because it will appear many times for mons which are not signifigant at all. Rather than trying to improve the pop-up itself, why not just reduce the consequences of getting it wrong? Even if they only stick around Pal Park for 12hours, that's something.

I left 10€ change on the counter today, hope I can get it from Pal Park later.