[Denied]Remove Happiness drop when trading Pokemon

Use moves that aren't return if you find this an issue.  At least keep it at a 25% happiness loss on trades, i mean your trading your fucking pokemon you can't expect it to be happy with you.

^This.

How do you know that your Pokemon doesn't feel abandoned when you trade it?

Use moves that aren't return if you find this an issue.  At least keep it at a 25% happiness loss on trades, i mean your trading your fucking pokemon you can't expect it to be happy with you.

Return is an important move, with 102 base power that is learnt by pretty much everything except a select few. It is always an option for any physical sweeper, even those that don't get any normal move besides Return. So I don't know how you can just say "use something else". It is a big competitive move.

The "you can't expect your pokemon to be happy with you" argument is bullshit. You can't expect your pokemon to be happy with you because you fed it berries down his throat.

I think the happiness reset should still apply, but how about this: Happiness doesn't reset if the trading partner is on your friendlist.

Not saying it's a likely thing, just popped into my head when I read the suggestion.

Seems reasonable. At least it would allow me to not have to think twice when I want to lend pokemon that use Return. (which, by the way, is a 6000 GC TM, that takes long enough to get, and when I get it, it pretty much makes my pokemon "bound" to me, since no one else can lend it for a duel or two, or it'll be unreliable)

I actually don't mind it because I use frustration and thats how I drive the happiness down.  

Oh my Lord, the genius. I can't believe i just found out about this. 

You can't get happiness lower than 20ish with this method though. Not to mention that if this was applied, you'd just need to get it to 100% once and never worry anymore.

Also, just by walking with your pokemon, you gain Happiness. While you're moving to the tournament area, unless it's right next to the pokemon center, you'll gain Happiness and lose power on Frustration. Therefore, Frustration is automatically worse than Return.

use berries?

Takes too long and is rather expensive if you have to do it everytime you trade a pokemon. Why not just change this, which is stupid to begin with?

I think the happiness reset should still apply, but how about this: Happiness doesn't reset if the trading partner is on your friendlist.

Not saying it's a likely thing, just popped into my head when I read the suggestion.

seems easily abusable.

I think it's good to stick to more than just the math and competitiveness of this game, and hold true to some of the non-mechanical aspects of pokemon, like a pokemon's feelings. If I were a pokemon, I would feel unwanted if I were traded and therefore be pissed off and somewhat depressed that I was no longer with the trainer I've come to know and love.

The new trainer should have to earn the love and respect of the newly acquired pokemon.

Besides, it's not like you can't build the traded pokemon's happiness back up.

What if each Pokemon held a record of trainers that had owned it? It doesn't have to be visible to the player or anything. If you think about it, after spending a weekend with a few friends or something you don't return to your family and immediately hate them, do you? In other words, if your Pokemon at 60% happiness is traded to a friend then back, when it's returned to you it's happiness is still at 60%. Perhaps 55% due to the annoyance of being traded. For instance, that Umbreon that loves you? It still loves you. Realistically it wouldn't forget or hate it's trainer at something as silly as being separated from him/her for 5 minutes. If a record of it's previous owners were stored in the Pokemon's data it could "recognize" the people it likes. I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement, but it would realistically deal with the issue of return.

I think it's good to stick to more than just the math and competitiveness of this game, and hold true to some of the non-mechanical aspects of pokemon, like a pokemon's feelings. If I were a pokemon, I would feel unwanted if I were traded and therefore be pissed off and somewhat depressed that I was no longer with the trainer I've come to know and love.

The new trainer should have to earn the love and respect of the newly acquired pokemon.

Besides, it's not like you can't build the traded pokemon's happiness back up.

The "you can't expect your pokemon to be happy with you" argument is bullshit. You can't expect your pokemon to be happy with you because you fed it berries down his throat.

All realism arguments invalid, +1