The PokeMMO Taunt Tournament

Z52e2IE.jpg

Congratz to yWreck for placing First and Corroios for Second

Explanation: 4v4 Lvl 50, 32 Contenders, 16 reserves Tournament where only attack moves are allowed. Players are not required to run Pokemon that know the move "taunt" nor use it. This idea is contributed to my wonderful co-host, Archinix.

Date/Time: July 6th, 2013, 7PMEDT

Banned Moves (besides 1HKO): All non attacking/damage dealing moves, Counter, Mirror Coat, Metronome

*Note: Status inflicting moves that indirectly cause damage such as Toxic, Poison Powder, and Will-O-Wisp are also banned.

Prizes: 1st - Shiny Mightyena, 2nd - 500 RP Hat of Player's Choice

Banned Pokemon: Wobbuffet

Banned Berry: Enigma Berry

Clauses: Sleep/1HKO/Pristine/Species/Items/Hax Items/Time/Evasion/Bag Items

Registration Method: Post your IGN (in game name) in this thread when registration has begun. We will allow for up to two IGNs per account, given they in separate posts. Test posting in this thread will result in being unable to partake. Post that are made without an IGN and then later edited with an IGN will not be considered. The thread will open before sign ups.

Notes: Do not AFK Time Out your matches. It is senseless, and will result in a DQ. There will be NO rematches awarded to the players doing so as it gives them an unfair advantage by knowing their opponents team. The AFK Time Out is not a tool for restarting a match you are 1) losing 2) unhappy with the current outcome 3) unhappy waiting for your opponent to finish the match in Official Tournaments. Do NOT abuse it for your advantage. 

Disconnecting during a match will require proof of a Fatal Render Error in order to qualify for the rematch, otherwise you will be DQ'd.

Volpi Clause (allowing a player to ask for a channel change due lagging) is to be respected at all Official Tournaments.

Do not block your opponents, or the Staff running the Event. If there is evidence of this you will be DQ'd. 

Event Staffing:

Co-Hosts: Emlee and Archinix 

Referees: Gilgamesh, CipherWeston, Gaxeus

Bracket

Reserves:

[spoiler]

Goldeneyes
DaviiPT
koslia
DonkeyXoTe
DaisyxOak
LanMandragoran
ImposterOak
jankynabari
deennis
Pelagoth
XYggdrasilX
Pokennon
Freakiie
nikitasg
Brah
EricTheGreat
DogBoyG
fredrichnietze
oRandom
TrollyLawnGnome
Summrs
Harword
Ieranziel
DopestDope
Winterbrah
MeCagaronMiNick
Seanishere
Kizhaz
Jeehad
DoubleJJ
AsunaTheFlash
TheBeastCWL
JackPanda
BrianShine
Aethnight
MOROZOV
Vorred

[/spoiler]

Good luck to those who partake. Feel free to leave any questions or comments regarding this tournament here or Private Message me or Archinix with inquiries. 

262.gif

Edited by Emlee
Winners

Notes: Do not AFK Time Out your matches. It is senseless, and will result in a DQ. There will be NO rematches awarded to the players doing so as it gives them an unfair advantage by knowing their opponents team. The AFK Time Out is not a tool for restarting a match you are 1) losing 2) unhappy with the current outcome 3) unhappy waiting for your opponent to finish the match in Official Tournaments. Do NOT abuse it for your advantage. 

Does this mean that if the AFK time out option appears you can't use it? Or that someone shouldn't intentionally wait until the AFK timer is activated and then cry for a rematch?

Does this mean that if the AFK time out option appears you can't use it? Or that someone shouldn't intentionally wait until the AFK timer is activated and then cry for a rematch?

They should not be doing either of these things. The person who uses the AFK Timeout in an Official Tournament will be immediately DQ'd. In the past I would ask the one it was used against if they wanted a rematch/would allow for a rematch in private and leave it up to them but apparently we need to firmly enforce this rule now as people seem to think it is an okay method of winning the match or acquiring a rematch. 

EDIT: Thanks, Atuan. 

They should not be doing either of these things. The person who uses the AFK Timeout in an Official Tournament will be immediately DQ'd. In the past I would ask the one it was used against if they wanted a rematch/would allow for a rematch in private and leave it up to them but apparently we need to firmly in force this rule now as people seem to think it is an okay method of winning the match or acquiring a rematch. 

so what if someone is taking long enough to trigger the AFK timer, repeatedly? Will Time Clause still DQ both or just the one?

so what if someone is taking long enough to trigger the AFK timer, repeatedly? Will Time Clause still DQ both or just the one?

No one will be permitted to click the AFK Time Out in any situation. If there is a match going on for an extended period of time and there are no other matches we can run (and it is not finals or Semi-Finals) we may choose to use Time Clause, but there is hardly ever a reason for us to do so. 

No one will be permitted to click the AFK Time Out in any situation. If there is a match going on for an extended period of time and there are no other matches we can run (and it is not finals or Semi-Finals) we may choose to use Time Clause, but there is hardly ever a reason for us to do so. 

I didn't mean for someone to click the afk time out button, I meant for someone to be taking a long time to move (long enough for said option to be visible) on a regular basis. In this sort of scenario who would be DQ'd due to Time Clause

I didn't mean for someone to click the afk time out button, I meant for someone to be taking a long time to move (long enough for said option to be visible) on a regular basis. In this sort of scenario who would be DQ'd due to Time Clause

Like I said, Time Clause will only be enacted if we have no way to run other matches. It's a very specific scenario and is not something I have had to do in any tournament I have hosted, nor is it something that has occurred in any tournament I have refereed/assisted with. It will have absolutely nothing to do with the AFK Timeout button. Meaning Time Out Clause could be enacted when both players are still selecting moves. Time Clause results in both players being DQ'd. 

Like I said, Time Clause will only be enacted if we have no way to run other matches. It's a very specific scenario and is not something I have had to do in any tournament I have hosted, nor is it something that has occurred in any tournament I have refereed/assisted with. It wil have absolutely nothing to do with the AFK Timeout button. Meaning Time Out Clause could be enacted when both players are still selecting moves. Time Clause results in both players being DQ'd. 

I feel like you're still misunderstanding me but thanks for the answer, that covers it

Suggested Taunt Cup in Event Suggestion Thread AGES ago (and Kanto Cup) ;-; no credit to vegan ;-;

Sorry vegan, it's not something I read about (or remember reading about). Archinix came to me regarding the idea and I thought it sounded interesting. Hope to see you partake either way! 

Sorry vegan, it's not something I read about (or remember reading about). Archinix came to me regarding the idea and I thought it sounded interesting. Hope to see you partake either way! 

The post is from the beginning of April, so I understand if it was forgotten about :P

i think what dannnno is getting at is:

say I get matched up with someone i don't like, and he happens to be winning. so because i dislike this guy and i'll be exiting the tourney anyway, could i just chill and stall the match by not selecting a move, maybe make one every once in a while, until it does get to the point where time clause will be called and i can take the bastard down with me? 

obviously most people would not do something like this, but point is it is possible, and what is to be done if this, or something along the lines of this, does happen?

say I get matched up with someone i don't like, and he happens to be winning. so because i dislike this guy and i'll be exiting the tourney anyway, could i just chill and stall the match by not selecting a move, maybe make one every once in a while, until it does get to the point where time clause will be called and i can take the bastard down with me? 

obviously most people would not do something like this, but point is it is possible, and what is to be done if this, or something along the lines of this, does happen?

Or not even maliciously, just someone who moves. very. slowly.

Not finishing a match is just rude.

Finally, a tournament where my pokemon won't all be status affected!

No weather combos I assume?

Edited by CharlesK

Time clause is more so for the event where a stall/struggle match is on going on. Not for players who are attempting to "bring each other down" by selecting their moves slowly on purpose. It is obvious to tell when a unintentional stall/struggle match is occurring. Someone straying from this very specific scenario would be very obvious. There is no reason why we wouldn't just force them to finish up the match considering Time Clause is enforced on a case by case basis and is up to the Host's discretion.