[Denied]Disable Day Care Move Overwriting

I'll grant that it would be cool, but can't we agree that there are more important things at the moment? Trainer tower is not yet implemented, not all of the TMs are currently obtainable, and some of the moves that are don't work properly, like substitute. Out of battle abilities don't work either. Maybe it's just me, but all of these things seem more important than providing an answer where one (albeit a little less convenient) already exists.

I might be able to support this in the future, but right now, completing the region and giving us all the options available in the original game should take priority.

I'll grant that it would be cool, but can't we agree that there are more important things at the moment? Trainer tower is not yet implemented, not all of the TMs are currently obtainable, and some of the moves that are don't work properly, like substitute. Out of battle abilities don't work either. Maybe it's just me, but all of these things seem more important than providing an answer where one (albeit a little less convenient) already exists.

I might be able to support this in the future, but right now, completing the region and giving us all the options available in the original game should take priority.

that goes without saying. but what are we supposed to do? sit around for the 4 months in between updates and not suggest anything?

I'll give you that the idea of not learning new moves is tempting, but to be perfectly realistic it's an entirely unneccessary suggestion. It's just more work for the devs to provide a solution that already exists: as has been stated, either don't battle, or don't put pokemon with moves you can't afford to lose in the day care. The devs already have a lot on their plate, not to mention actual human lives (I assume) outside the pokeMMO world. If you're waiting for eggs, gamble, fill your dex, do some comp, steal metal coats. If you're trying to level something with specific moves and are too impatient or lazy to do it the traditional way, well, that isn't really the devs problem. 

Daycare exp needs to go. Yes, it's sad that if this happens I won't be able to get tons of lvl 70 ttar with no actual effort, but losing comps, egg moves, TMs just sucks too much..

with the curernt tweeked breeding system which makes it hard to pass good iv's, i might need to breed over 15-20 eggs to get a couple of decent ones i could actually use,

if i use my breed ditto it can take to over an hour untill i get an egg,

thats alot of hours wasted doing stuff i'd rather not do.

@robo there is an effort, they only gain xp from your battles. xp doesnt need to go, teaching moves should, or should be optional.

There's not really that much to do.

It's not even adding anything new.

It's deleting lines of code that should never have been written.

The daycare exp is necessary ebcause if exploited well, it's worth a +180% exp bonus. And that's awesome.

The thing is, I support a level 100 metagame. The way it should be, the manly way, the way it is on everything other than pokemmo. 50s never made sense to me.

Removing exp is encouraging 50s battles, which we already have so many of. Nowadays, any pokemon level 51+ is useless in battle. And that's sad.

But yes, it's not like this is the #1 most important thing that needs to be done.

But if it can be done in 5 minutes and makes everyone's life so much easier. It's explicit, useful, and SO EASILY implementable. It's nothing new. It's removing something that was added. It's fixing a mistake. I don't believe in the argment that there are more important things to be done that can be done in less than 20 times the time it'll require to fix this.

I mean, implementability isn't the issue. If anything, it's the people who prefer the 50s metagame. They'll want the exp bonus removed so they can breed and battle without worries of passing level 51. You don't disagree on implementability because it's an easy fix. You'll disagree if you don't like it.

But even so. The 50 supporters want the exp gain removed; but even if that's not what they get, this suggestion shouldn't bother them at all. Removing the move overwriting universally makes everyone's life easier. Nobody wants this. Really. Even if it's not the exp gain removal, it's a step in the right direction. Baby steps.

I actually don't really see how anyone can be unconvinced :I

that goes without saying. but what are we supposed to do? sit around for the 4 months in between updates and not suggest anything?

That isn't exactly what I meant, but I can see why you might have taken it that way, and I apologize if I came off as rude. My point was it's a problem, yes, but it's a problem that's been a problem for the history of pokemon, and players have lived with it pretty well up until this point. It would save some effort and time, but time and effort are why MMOs are so satisfying, and it doesn't sound to me like it would change how the game is played that much.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, considering the stage things are at, it seems silly to me to worry about making things easier when the content we have is good enough to do what we need to do. Updates will be made, and some of these will make the breeding process more bearable even if they aren't directly tied to it. I mentioned trainer tower for example, end game content like that became a staple in pokemon as of ruby/sapphire, and as it doesn't give exp (IIRC) it'll become a great way to spend time practicing your skills, earning items, and testing newly trained pokemon while you have someone who you can't let level in the day care. Other things will eventually(TM) come too, such as a more finalized and beneficial PvP system, and perhaps more minigames and better reasons to play them. These would have the same benefit of not giving exp and taking time, as well as giving new players more reasons to join and old players more reasons to keep playing. 

Tl;dr Yes it's a pain that we have to keep things from leveling if we don't want them learning new moves, but there are things coming someday(TM) that will make the wait more bearable, and at that point we can decide if the system really needs to be changed, or if it would just be kind of nice but unneeded. 

Still Tl;dr Other things will change and make this better. We should put this particular subject on hold until then. 

I actually don't really see how anyone can be unconvinced :I

In my above post, I used the term "kind of nice but unneeded". That's exactly why I'm still unconvinced. It's a pain, but it's a pain with ways around it, and it's a pain that the original devs (meaning from nintendo/gamefreak) put there for a reason. It forces us to have a little more responsibility, and it gives us the opportunity to make mistakes, which makes it all the more rewarding when you finally accomplish something.

Furthermore, let's say hypothetically I want a pokemon that knows dragon dance, so I can start chain breeding it, but I don't want to actually level a gyrados or seadra. The day care is a great way of putting that move on him without having to put any effort into it. It's not a huge deal, as it only saves a couple hours, but's its a mechanic that I like and can be very useful from time to time. I for one like it that way. 
EDIT: Realized second paragraph isn't exactly a good argument, due to move relearner. But it is a good reason to say no to taking out the exp gain all together.

No GameFreak was just retarded and have neglected to fix this in the games brought out. If you think they would like to make it harder for players why are they making EVing and breeding easier and easier in every gen?

Also for your hypothetical situation, you level the Pokemon to the appropriate level (using daycare) then you go to the move relearners house and put the move on it.

I just fail to see why everyone is making such a huge deal about it. I get that it can suck. I recently had a charmeleon with great IVs learn over dragon dance, so I feel your pain. But it's not game-ending, and I fixed my problem, and now I'm aware of how much it sucks and have made note to not be so careless again. 

I guess it just doesn't seem that important to me. I'll recognize though that I can be wrong (in fact I seem to be wrong a lot when it comes to this game xD), And that you've all made very good points. I'll surrender and give it a +1, but I maintain that it isn't as significant of an issue at this point in time as it might be in the future.

but I maintain that it isn't as significant of an issue at this point in time as it might be in the future.

They may as well do it sooner than later, since they've said they're reworking breeding, may as well do it while they're on breeding and not just wait to fix it in the far future

Frankly, this and a few other tweaks should have come out in a mini-update in July. I blame laziness, not the existence of some golden rework that's being planned for December. I know it's a lot of work to do an update, especially such a minuscule one, but it could have saved so much of the community.

RIP