[Denied]Disable Day Care Move Overwriting

Alright, thanks Dark! :D

Consider my pokemon is in the daycare long enough to learn two moves.

It learns the first move and overwrites the first slot.

If it learns a second, does it overwrite the newly learned move in the first slot again, or does it overwrite onto the second?

Alright, thanks Dark! :D
Consider my pokemon is in the daycare long enough to learn two moves.
It learns the first move and overwrites the first slot.
If it learns a second, does it overwrite the newly learned move in the first slot again, or does it overwrite onto the second?

The three moves in slots two through four are moves to one through three and the new move is placed in four

again:

Yes, I saw your post, but I don't see how that affects what I said. You don't have to gain EXP on your four-egg-move Pokemon. You're given almost complete control over when they get experience, just not their move choices. So while I see that it could be convenient, I think the other solution where Four Island Daycare gives no experience is a better one.

The only reason is because it is canon. That's it. I respect that, in most cases. That's what stands out about this game, but it shouldn't get in the way of fixing things that really have no place in the game.

This happened to me and ruined some of my best comp move passers. I just think its a bad idea to auto-replace moves, especially one per games like move tutors and TMs. Because you cannot relearn Egg moves/TMs at the relearner, the moves learned by level up should therefore be skipped, and can easily be relearned later. Either that or change the move relearner to teach any move that the individual Pokemon, not just its species, was able to use in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

i'll give you full support of this. When you breed a lvl 50 pokemon for comps, it turn out lvl 51-52 and you should be pretty mad, especially if it had perfect IV/EV trained and good nature :/

Did you even bother to read what this suggestion is about?

I totally support this. even though it creates funny moments like when an HM is overwritten. It's pointless and they should A do like someone said before and have it act like its in your party giving you full control over what you do. Or B it should only level the Pokemon no moves are added.

• 3 weeks later...

i'll give you full support of this. When you breed a lvl 50 pokemon for comps, it turn out lvl 51-52 and you should be pretty mad, especially if it had perfect IV/EV trained and good nature :/

Irrelevant. This thread is not suggesting the experience gain be removed.

A friend of mine just lost an egg move yesterday to the daycare.

Losing important irreplaceable moves is much much more of a problem than not receiving levelup moves, that can be relearned anyway.

I mean I guess there's not much to argue, just wait.

• 3 weeks later...

for me it is 1 of the most annoying things about breeding,

making sure they don't forget their eggmoves, since i dont like standing around doing nothing while my poke's are breeding,

i go out and train my others, and its too much work to keep checking if they didnt forget their moves yet.

like mentioned before you are just encouraging players standing around doing nothing, or maybe grind the slots, not being able to level up in fear of losing important moves on their breeds.

i see patrick mention the removing xp gain would take care off this problem much easier, but i disagree,

the xp gain is a nice bonus to the game and helps alot of people levelling up their pokemon, its not too hard to keep track of it so you wont level your comps over 50.

it is however very hard to keep track of not learning useless moves over your nice ones, and this helps nobody at all.

with this being said i fail to understand why it shouldnt be removed,

I'll give you that the idea of not learning new moves is tempting, but to be perfectly realistic it's an entirely unneccessary suggestion. It's just more work for the devs to provide a solution that already exists: as has been stated, either don't battle, or don't put pokemon with moves you can't afford to lose in the day care. The devs already have a lot on their plate, not to mention actual human lives (I assume) outside the pokeMMO world. If you're waiting for eggs, gamble, fill your dex, do some comp, steal metal coats. If you're trying to level something with specific moves and are too impatient or lazy to do it the traditional way, well, that isn't really the devs problem.