[Denied]Disable Day Care Move Overwriting

Hello. I've encountered a problem.

I had three pokemon in the daycare, and as I took them out, I noticed Earthquake was replaced by false swipe, Thunder by Destiny bond and Toxic by Minimize...

Very frustrating.

I simply request that the daycare guy don't overwrite TM moves. Simply because it wastes TMs and I'll be forced onto another alt run.

Two solutions:

-Either they overwrite other moves, since they can be relearned if you're not happy with what got deleted

-They don't overwrite anything at all and just neglect to learn it, sicne the move relearner can fix that too.

I'm fine with them learning moves a bit randomly since I put them in there; but why must they focus the TM moves, if those are clearly the ones I want to keep?

Edit: Since the update that optionally removes exp gain, you might find this suggestion obsolete. But I beg to differ.

Two things.

This is similar to "remove the experience" in that there is a work around (remove the Pokemon, keep the egg moves at the bottom of the moveset, etc.) so this is like asking for more hand-holding.

That being said, the other thing is that unlike "remove the experience" there is absolutely no point in this existing in PokeMMO or the handhelds. It's just something that Nintendo has neglected to fix over the years and it's something we should be pro-active about. Unless someone can give a reason for it, then it needs to go.

PS

Move Relearner completely excuses replacing moves at the Daycare

Basically, I WANT to use daycare to train my pokemon. A full usage of all three daycare slots is a bonus +180% exp.

But the daycare move overwriting hinders that. And it's a completely useless feature that never should've existed and was a mistake to implement.

or maybe there is a pokedex that say u the moves the pokemon learns, so.... maybe..... read there when you can put your pokemon in the day care....

So basically I can only daycare after level 65? noty (:

Or not kill things so your stuff doesnt level up.

Implying the person is only using the daycare for breeding, and not actually being put in for the sake of leveling.

I think they should just remove the overwriting altogether, because if an egg move gets overwritten, then it's rip for that pokemon. At least TMs and stuff are replaceable, but if an egg move that is only acquired as an egg move is taken away, that pokemon is never using that move again.

Two things.

This is similar to "remove the experience" in that there is a work around (remove the Pokemon, keep the egg moves at the bottom of the moveset, etc.) so this is like asking for more hand-holding.

That being said, the other thing is that unlike "remove the experience" there is absolutely no point in this existing in PokeMMO or the handhelds. It's just something that Nintendo has neglected to fix over the years and it's something we should be pro-active about. Unless someone can give a reason for it, then it needs to go.

PS

Move Relearner completely excuses replacing moves at the Daycare

To be sure, I did not create that topic in the interest of advocating "hand-holding". I personally do not need some sort of imposed precautionary measure to prevent me from forgetting that I have comps in the daycare, although it seems a lot of players do and would like the experience gain removed for that reason. I created that topic because I felt like it was an unnecessary inconvenience, much like Professor Elderberry describes at some point in the thread.

I like this suggestion because I certainly agree that it is completely useless due to the move relearner. In the event that experience is there to stay on Island 4 with no other option, at least have this obsolete mechanic be removed.

Yeah no, this has nothing to do with removing exp-

I WANT to grind them in the daycare and I don't worry about 50's because I want to get to 100 anyway.

It's just really screwy that it overwrites things like Earthquake when I could simply relearn the move for $5000. :(

Yeah, experience isn't an inconvenience, it's a bonus. A very helpful one. Being able to get experience 280% faster is definitely not a convenience.

"Let's play 100s guys, everyone seems to want the experience bonus from the daycare so much, there must be a reason for it!"

"No way, we're gonna play 50s FOREVER. It takes SO long to level to 100 and we have no resources".

>Pokemmo community 2013

I can't do this anymore.

"Let's play 100s guys, everyone seems to want the experience bonus from the daycare so much, there must be a reason for it!"

"No way, we're gonna play 50s FOREVER. It takes SO long to level to 100 and we have no resources".

>Pokemmo community 2013

I can't do this anymore.

I cri erytim

but I support this, the move relearner makes it irrelevant if you miss a level-up move and this can be an inconvenience, especially because we currently don't have a way to actually check what level the pokemon is (unless you keep track by hand how much experience they've gotten) without removing them and checking. If this is implemented (hint hint) then at least part of the problem would be gone

I cri erytim

but I support this, the move relearner makes it irrelevant if you miss a level-up move and this can be an inconvenience, especially because we currently don't have a way to actually check what level the pokemon is (unless you keep track by hand how much experience they've gotten) without removing them and checking. If this is implemented (hint hint) then at least part of the problem would be gone

If you know what level it was when you put it in there, they tell you how many levels they have gained, it isn't hard to do the math on what level you need to take them out going off of that.

If you know what level it was when you put it in there, they tell you how many levels they have gained, it isn't hard to do the math on what level you need to take them out going off of that.

I mean while you're out and about there is no way of checking, and unless you track the exp gained you won't know when they level up. And this is only an issue if you're out and about, as there is no way to gain exp in the daycare unless you're out battling

So instead of removing an stupid mechanics, i've to calc how much exp will my poke in the daycare get when i do E4 JUST to see if it wont get to a level where it learns a move?. Oh wait, gotta stop after each trainer to see if it leveled up brb.

You make it sound difficult.

The ease/difficulty of it is irrelevant here. The fact that you have to keep track of something like that by hand in order to prevent an outdated, broken and pointless mechanic from ruining a pokemon is what is relevant.