[Denied]Disable Day Care Move Overwriting

Excuse me for never writing down how much exp each one of the e4 members gave me in total. I'm totally meant to do that right?. That is why i never used the daycare in handhelds, too stupid. OH u want to level up ur poke? sry but it'll end with shitty moves.

Given that you can:

• Control which moves are replaced first, and
  • Relearn any level up moves that may have been replaced, and
  • Save your TM/tutor use until after you've Daycared your Pokemon,

I don't really see much point in removing this mechanic.

Still, there's not a whole lot of reason for Pokemon to learn level up moves in Daycare anyway, aside from consistency with FireRed. So I can understand why people want it changed, it's just that there's not a great need to change it.

Given that you can:

Still, there's not a whole lot of reason for Pokemon to learn level up moves in Daycare anyway, aside from consistency with FireRed. So I can understand why people want it changed, it's just that there's not a great need to change it.

Idk, makes about as much sense as them learning them fighting trainers.

Given that you can:

Egg moves are a thing. Quite recently became one, in fact.

Egg moves are a thing. Quite recently became one, in fact.

I'm aware of that. Addressed it here, in fact:

Given that you can:

Even with that point considered, this suggestion seems to be a watered down version of this solution (which I think would be more effective for the "convenience" arguments).

I'm aware of that. Addressed it here, in fact:

Even with that point considered, this suggestion seems to be a watered down version of this solution (which I think would be more effective for the "convenience" arguments).

this really has nothing to do with the exp gain thing, i dont get why people keep referring to it.

and yeah, you can choose the order, but within like 20 levels a pokemon can learn 4-5 moves. say i produce an egg, hatch it, put the level 1 in the daycare, go do an e4 run, then bam every egg move gone.

this really has nothing to do with the exp gain thing, i dont get why people keep referring to it.

Imagine the exp gain thing happens. You'd have no need for this suggestion, because your breeders aren't leveling up, and therefore aren't learning moves by level up, and therefore aren't losing egg moves.

Unless you want to be able to level up with Cerulean Daycare, but in that case, I think there has to be some downside to the "free EXP" offered there.

Imagine the exp gain thing happens. You'd have no need for this suggestion, because your breeders aren't leveling up, and therefore aren't learning moves by level up, and therefore aren't losing egg moves.

Unless you want to be able to level up with Cerulean Daycare, but in that case, I think there has to be some downside to the "free EXP" offered there.

why though? why can't the two have inherently different functions? 

why though? why can't the two have inherently different functions? 

I don't know what you mean. I was saying that the other suggestion would solve the same problem as this one, and other issue(s) that have been raised as convenience issues.

If you have a pokemon with an egg move and is low enough to get that many levels in an elite 4 run don't leave it in the daycare or don't use the elite 4 while it is in there. 

but why make the breeding mechanic so incredibly centralized that it negatively affects every aspect of actual gameplay? it discourages playing the game or doing anything besides biking and standing around

I don't know what you mean. I was saying that the other suggestion would solve the same problem as this one, and other issue(s) that have been raised as convenience issues.

I was referring to this part, but I think I misunderstood you. Are you saying that the downside to free exp is the inconvenience we currently have? Or that the cerulean daycare should have added downsides due to the free exp?

If the first then nevermind I misunderstood.

If the second then why is it problematic and why create additional downsides?

EDIT: oops double post, meant to edit this into my earlier post. clicked submit by habit >.>

I was referring to this part, but I think I misunderstood you. Are you saying that the downside to free exp is the inconvenience we currently have? Or that the cerulean daycare should have added downsides due to the free exp?

I'm saying that if EXP gain is removed from Four Island, then I would not support applying this suggestion to the still-functional Cerulean Daycare's EXP gain. That is to say, I think that the "Remove EXP Gain From 4 Island..." suggestion is a better solution, if one is required.

I was breeding a hitmonchan with a ditto for 'mach punch' and I honestly didn't care about the hitmonchan so I worked on leveling some pokemon to 100. Of course though, I ended up with a lvl 57 hitmonchan that ended up forgetting 'mach punch' so now I have a ton of useless tyrogue eggs that I can't release.

I think it would be best if they kept the exp gain but they didn't overwrite ANY moves.

I'm saying that if EXP gain is removed from Four Island, then I would not support applying this suggestion to the still-functional Cerulean Daycare's EXP gain. That is to say, I think that the "Remove EXP Gain From 4 Island..." suggestion is a better solution, if one is required.

I'm completely against removing the experience gain. It serves a purpose. Replacing moves without my permission should be illegal. It's very similar to the 255 EV cap. It's something silly and unnecessary that Nintendo never addressed, but we went ahead and said "Hey, that's a small change we can easily do and it would be a huge convenience." Sure you can use EV berries or just be more careful, but the fact that it serves no fucking purpose was enough for us to get rid of it. 

I think it would actually be nice to remove the daycare learning/deleting moves, left a Charmander that knew outrage in to breed, no Idea how many of the eggs I got off of it will actually know outrage since it levelled 50 times...

I think it would actually be nice to remove the daycare learning/deleting moves, left a Charmander that knew outrage in to breed, no Idea how many of the eggs I got off of it will actually know outrage since it levelled 50 times...

You didn't lose much.

There is a better way of handling than just not deleting TM moves. 

I think it would be great if pokemon in daycare acted as if they were in your party with EXP Share (basically).

If it wants to learn a move, it would show up after you defeat a pokemon asking which should be overwritten. If it evolves, it will show up showing the animation and give you an option to cancel it. It could even show up showing that a pokemon gained a level. 

Seems like a better way of handling things to me.

About removing EXP gain. I think it will be fine if 6 spots become available at the daycare North of Saffron. Have you ever noticed that when you go to remove a pokemon when you have two being taken care of, there are 6 spots? That leads me to believe that it 6 spots are planned for the future. At that point I believe it would be good to have EXP gain taken out of Island 4.