[LYLE] KingCheerios - Greatest Team of All Time

JSTUD

I was talking to JSTUD and my assessment of the new mechanics are that it seems like an easy way to turn a bad natured caught poke into a good natured poke. Hidden Powers are going to be ridiculous to get tho and sticking any good breeder in the daycare is a gamble I likely won't take. 

RIP Hidden Power Ground Timid Eevee. 

I was talking to JSTUD and my assessment of the new mechanics are that it seems like an easy way to turn a bad natured caught poke into a good natured poke. Hidden Powers are going to be ridiculous to get tho and sticking any good breeder in the daycare is a gamble I likely won't take. 

RIP Hidden Power Ground Timid Eevee. 

I heard someone say that it will be easier to manipulate the ivs to get a good HP than it is now.

I heard someone say that it will be easier to manipulate the ivs to get a good HP than it is now.

If you have two pokes, one with the right nature, that have very, very, very similar IVs and the correct hidden power then yes it would be. But honestly, who would stick a quality comp in the daycare, especially when it vanishes and the boosting bands and such are one time use as well? I wouldn't. It's like saying, ok, I have really good odds (not perfect odds) in replicating the comp I already have once, but then after that I'm going to gamble, gamble, gamble for days and days trying to make more of the same thing. 

Breeding will be mastered by players with time, but until then, I'm not going to risk my goods in there. Hopefully someone will make a clear cut guide to replicate the breeder you lost while still producing the offspring you need to either use or make money. Yet then again, isn't this what the devs were trying to combat?

Old players with amazing comps are going to be the clear cut favorites in officials for a few months and will eventually get even better as they master breeding of the new Emerald pokes whenever that is implemented. Newer players will have a tough time for a bit, at least until Emerald pokes are overly commercialized and sold frequently. 

Honestly with being able to know the outcome of the child before breeding I dont mind the new mechanic. Its no longer a gamble imo, you will get to choose whether you want to sacrifice two parents for a good child.

But lets not get into this on the team thread lel

Congrats on becoming GM Musica, dont forget about us.

Hello Bowser, I would like to ask you a question if I could, do you support the new breeding mechanics? I need someone to debate and I figured that you play nicely in game (your number 1 ;)  [I remembered]).

Hello Bowser, I would like to ask you a question if I could, do you support the new breeding mechanics? I need someone to debate and I figured that you play nicely in game (your number 1 ;)  [I remembered]).

inb4 "Rich get richer and i am rich"

EDIT: 

KING!!!!

Edited by JonazDK

Does anyone in LYLE support this new breeding mechanic? I need someone to debate with to convince me that this breeding thing is good for the people and the economy.

I dont think we really care, it seems manageable and we will give it shot before quickly judging it. Sure comp standards will be lowered, but people standards had become too high to begin with. All I see in trade chat and on the forums is we need 3-4 31's just to compete. Which is just ridiculous, I have competed just fine with my 31 speed and 25+. Most people didnt even work or put any real effort into getting those own comps, which bugged me. I slowly bred up my pokes to get my 31'speed. I dont if people remembered at masters of 50's when I linked my comps, but I was one of the few players who actually grinded to get those 31speed pokes. What people are doing isnt real grinding, people are just joining team just to get breeders, and in a month, have way better pokes than I'm currently using.How is that fair to the older players? Its not like you need 80 pokes to compete, lets see, when playing in the last SNF, I probably used about 10-11 different pokes including the same specie ones. Yea its nice to have shit ton of options, but those options are gain with time.
Looking at the new breeding results, that seems very doable. People are just in the mindset of 31's every stat is needed, yea its nice, but your playing style, ev spreads, and team building skill will ultimately win your matches. I dont think most of the pokes in LYLE are really that godly, I always just see in Teamchat, look what I got, "some guy selling this 1 31, 25+ poke for 30k." We always laugh when we see people wanting at least 4 31's, we understand their success wont just come from having godly pokes. And I'm sure if breeding hp becomes truly impossible, its going to be changed so it becomes doable once again. Of course there is going to be problems with the new breeding, but just like last time, it got changed to help us out. Trading is going to be fun again, JStud/DoubleJJ and I, in the past enjoyed trading eggs/shinies for comps, looking in tradechat will be fun again. So yea, looking forward to the update.

Edited by KingBowser

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.