[Denied]100% chance for Fishing animation to find pokemon

After fishing animation you are guaranteed to find a pokemon.

Pros: Saves time.

Allows EV training with fished pokemon to be easier.

Allows more chances to find that dream staryu with modest natures and high Sp Att IV.

Makes hunting for rare fishing spawns actually worth the time opposed to spending hours looking.

Cons: It causes me to have nothing to put in a "Cons" section.

It forced me to find a meme that has something to do with fishing and here it is: 

2ltiteu.jpg

We don't wanna be this guy 20 years later still trying to find that staryu. pls.

i like this idea and support it, either have the "not even a nibble..." happen imediantly without the animation, or do away with it permanently and just have the animation and "you got a bite". or even better you could give us the option to turn off the animation ^^. @matoka it took me 3 hours but i had a friend helping and this was before the animation was implemented and you could just spam the super rod hotkey.

i like this idea and support it, either have the "not even a nibble..." happen imediantly without the animation, or do away with it permanently and just have the animation and "you got a bite". or even better you could give us the option to turn off the animation ^^. @matoka it took me 3 hours but i had a friend helping and this was before the animation was implemented and you could just spam the super rod hotkey.

I don't even want a staryu, I'm just doing this in pity for people who do, Those poor, poor, poor people. God bless their dead souls.

I was one of the lucky ones to find a good Staryu within 5 minutes. However, I liked fishing much more before the animation was added, it was much more efficient and time saving.

Staryu [Hasty]

IVs: 18 - 21 / 0 / 27 - 30 / 24 - 28 / 22 - 26 / 26 - 29   :D

support

also like this idea

Magikarp = Speed

(Useful when it's night time and Caterpie/Noctowl roam Route 1)

Fuschia pond has only Goldeen/Seaking/Gyarados, which are 100% Attack EV's, and with Macho Brace, you can get 4 Attack EV's for one battle.

No longer viable due to this... "system".

We have no intentions of changing it.

Why not?

I understand not wanting to get rid of something that time was spent on, but that doesn't mean it can't deserve tweaking.  Right now fishing takes long enough that its the least efficient way in game to find Pokemon.  I'm not saying the OP has the right idea - I actually don't like it.  That being said I think there have been plenty of decent suggestions out there that will both maintain the animation and make it a more viable way of encountering Pokemon.  This includes having the fishing animation run until a Pokemon is on the hook, or even just shortening the length of the fishing animation.  Are you guys completely closed off to the idea of adjusting the fishing animation, or just to this particular suggestion?

Are you guys completely closed off to the idea of adjusting the fishing animation, or just to this particular suggestion?

It's unlikely there will be any changes to the fishing animation itself. We're not going to remove it because you can't mash F1 10 times a second anymore.

Discussions on the fishing rate are up for debate, though, and it's likely to be adjusted in the future.