[Implemented] Change Move Order on Starters

Rache

This is something that's been bothering me for a while... On the handheld games, scratch/tackle is always the first move a starter Pokemon knows. On PokeMMO however, growl/tail whip is always in the first slot.

tvKrdIe.png

New players most likely won't know how to switch the moves and will end up accidentally using growl/tail whip because they're used to spamming A until the opponent faints. Bulbasaur and Squirtle don't learn their stat lowering moves until lv4 too, so I suppose this could also be seen as a bug report since tackle should be learned first rather than at the same time. Regardless, I suggest that the moves be switched around by default to be more user-friendly.

youre not obligated to explain it to them. you do so on your own free will

That doesn't make it any less annoying for someone just starting the game.

You haven't really given a valid reason as to why the suggestion is bad. Sure it's easy to fix if you know what you're doing or are capable of coherent thought, but that doesn't exactly help people like the girl in GymLeaderGreen's spoiler. Overall it would just make peoples' lives easier.

I support though I dont care either way. But, I think to help new players figure out the game, they should impliment a tutorial of the game when you start out. just moving the starter moves isnt going to help with people asking "How do you switch moves around" among other questions of how the game works, since it does differ slightly for the original game.

I support though I dont care either way. But, I think to help new players figure out the game, they should impliment a tutorial of the game when you start out. just moving the starter moves isnt going to help with people asking "How do you switch moves around" among other questions of how the game works, since it does differ slightly for the original game.

Rival Battle = Tutorial

And I support this suggestion for the OCD people to have easier lives. I prefer my moves to be an attack first rather than a stat changing move, always annoyed me...

This is what I call a non-issue, and doesn't really deserve the attention it's being given. Even if the players can't find the arrows to change the moves at first, pressing on more key or moving their mouse a bit to the side is NOT a problem. There are many problems in this game, and this is not one of those.

This is a pointless suggestions. Sure, it may even get "implemented", but it's not needed and doesn't deserve the time spent on it.

Still not worth it

This. There are plenty of even quicker things I've seen shut down with the answer "Not worth the time"

And in response to "It should have a tutorial"... Press H. Also if you have a question- maybe ask the people whose job it is to answer questions. (Hint: That's the primary job of CMs)

be a friend! Not a jerkface and help the noobs out... or dont.

Theres no point in changing this to suit your selfish need to be unhelpful:P ahahaha i think its just pointless period... The real suggestion should be FIX ALL THE BUGS IN THE GAME... lol or we can focus on trivial things

be a friend! Not a jerkface and help the noobs out... or dont.

Theres no point in changing this to suit your selfish need to be unhelpful:P ahahaha i think its just pointless period... The real suggestion should be FIX ALL THE BUGS IN THE GAME... lol or we can focus on trivial things

So... Making life easier for people starting out is apparently selfish? I'm not a CM and it's not my job to help people, but I made a suggestion that would help new players. Please explain your logic, or lack thereof. If anything it's you being selfish because it doesn't apply to you.

It's a minor suggestion, or perhaps more of a nitpick. Admittedly, it is rather trivial. However, as has been stated in another comment, it would take all of about a minute to fix and would save new players from having to ask (and be trolled) or put up with always having growl first until they figure out how to change the order (which is something that not everybody figures out immediately).

"Fix all the bugs in the game" is not a suggestion. It's something that is being actively worked on as new bugs are discovered.