Team Tournament [November Edition]

team of walls?lolol used to bitch about em,now i welcome them,i get particularly excited when i see someone run bliss/skar,yes they fags but they fags with no originality and imo have become easy pickings for me lol,i raged about the over usage of walls a while back,while i still think they being over used learning to effectively kill stall teams with minimal to no effort is quite fun..also thank fuck for senile,was seriously not in the mood to put the noob in his place.

Sigh. God dammit guys.

First of all, saying that "Roar/Whirlwind" counter Double Team is blatantly false. In 3rd gen, they are 100% accurate moves, not perfect accuracy, meaning that they can miss. Not only that, but because they have negative priority, the turn it takes to switch in your phazer and the turn you use it guarantees the opponent at least 2 Double Teams. It also certainly doesn't help that some of the best phazers/hazers are physically defensive. (Looking at you Weezing+Skarmory); This is totally ignoring the fact you can just taunt their phazer before they can phaze you, by the way, as Whirlwind/Roar have negative priority. As for "Shock Wave" (hue), it's a god awful move. Period. Same with all other "Perfect Accuracy" moves. Even with a super effective hit, it's only 120 BP, easily overpowered by any neutral effective STAB move such as Surf or Psychic.

Also, saying "Just have a poke who can counter to sleep" is hilariously incorrect. For the most part, Insomnia/Vital Spirit pokemon honestly aren't that powerful. If you only have one, the opponent can easily play around it. Not to mention the fact that there are many more good sleep users than there are Insomnia/Vital Spirit pokemon. As for Lum Berry, the meta is already plagued with Lum spam, if you honestly think rewarding it even more will promote diversity, you're god damn insane.

Let's not forget the biggest reason things such as Evasion are banned; They provide nothing actually beneficial to the game, and a majority of people do not enjoy them. In a metagame that allows evasion, you will notice that only lower level players actually use it; Higher skill plays would never be found using it, due to how unreliable it is. However, despite this, due to Evasion's entirely random nature, a terrible player could potentially beat a very skilled player due to the huge element of luck.

Also, regarding "Look up actual pokemon tourneys", I assume you mean VGC. Let's get a few things straight, right off the bat; Comparing 4v4 Doubles to 6v6 Singles is like comparing an apple to the moon, to even think they're similar you have to be entirely braindead. Yes, both are round/have pokemon, but that doesn't matter that much. Doubles is much more fast paced than Singles ever will be, and the fact that it's 4v4 makes matches go by even faster. The reason there's no sleep clause in VGC is primarily because of the doubles format. In singles, a pokemon being put to sleep could easily mean it's useless for the whole match, unless you have Aromatherapy or Heal Bell (Which isn't even released in PokeMMO yet). In doubles, however, sleep isn't as big of a deal for several reasons; One, almost everything in doubles carries Protect, meaning scouting out a potential sleep move isn't as hard. This also means your pokemon can gang up on the sleep inducer before it does anything, or the pokemon you think it will try to sleep can protect while the other attacks. Two, if one pokemon is put to sleep, the other can still function, meaning you don't have absolutely nothing going for you on your side of the field. For proof of this, look at recent VGC rules, they ban Dark Void. Why? Because Dark Void puts to sleep both pokemon in a double battle.

Also, the speed of double battles and the ability to attack one pokemon with two mitigates the luck effect of evasion, despite the fact nobody in that format actually uses phazing moves or perfect accuracy moves. Once again, in a metagame where evasion is allowed, the higher level players don't actually use it, and VGC shows this off spectacularly. 

TL;DR: No, you're wrong, everything you say/think/imagine is wrong, and nobody likes Double Team anyway. VGC is neat, though.

The fact that you think Aromatherapy doesn't work makes everything you say just outdated.. ><; Sorry can't take you for real.

The fact that you think Aromatherapy doesn't work makes everything you say just outdated.. ><; Sorry can't take you for real.

Heal Bell isn't in the game at all yet, I didn't say Aromatherapy or Heal Bell didn't work. However, it is impossible for anything in the game to get Heal Bell, making things such as Heal Bell Eevee impossible.

[spoiler]hue reading comprehension[/spoiler]

It was nice of Senile to explain everything to you after the statements you have made. He could have just as easily dismissed you, in fact he could have dismissed you much more easily than you have dismissed him. Someone has provided you with a wealth of knowledge, please read through it and consider it.

Regardless of your conclusions PokeMMO tournaments occur with these clauses in affect, so unfortunately if you don't want to abide by them you will have to create your own tournaments to play in for yourself. 

And you can egg train Haze. There's alot of pokemon in my teams that have haze. Roar seems to work pretty well actually so far i've used it and when they're too high a level to  use it on i haze them. Also Crit hits is a way to get around it. Ive found that Crit hits actually ignore just about everything. So i came up with a combo for upping it all the way and spamming it a few times till it hits the double team master and kills it. I'm talking from personal experience. my buddy has a vaporeon that does nothing but double team then kills everything in it's way while healing and walling. It's a nightmare. Thus i found ways around it. not cried and asked it to be banned.

All I'm saying is there are ways around any other person's method of battle. And just because you point out it's hard doesn't mean you can't do it. Just means you'd rather take the easy way out. (not gana insult sorry. ><;)

Heal Bell isn't in the game at all yet, I didn't say Aromatherapy or Heal Bell didn't work. However, it is impossible for anything in the game to get Heal Bell, making things such as Heal Bell Eevee impossible.

[spoiler]hue reading comprehension[/spoiler]

True there are alot of combo's not yet available. I still wana make a Blastios with mirror coat and counter :D. But I'm telling you i've faced teams with a bunch of sleepers, sweepers, walls, lawls, trolls, and double teamers, and there's always ways around it. Your team should be well rounded enough to deal with each thing or have a good enough method to kill their's before they have a chance to get off their "cheap" sleep spam or double team spam. I feel it's the same as dragon dance. You try to get them before they spam it otherwise they seem unsinkable.

Well, just looking at these responses makes the absolute lack of understanding quite obvious, so I'll respond with the truth:

Your opinions are not going to change anything, this is a topic that has been well discussed for years on competitive battling sites and a consensus has been reached. You can think whatever you want, but nobody is going to listen, because you are wrong.

With that being said, I'm pretty sure this discussion doesn't even belong here, so a staff member should probably sort that out.

Also Crit hits is a way to get around it. Ive found that Crit hits actually ignore just about everything. So i came up with a combo for upping it all the way and spamming it a few times till it hits the double team master and kills it.

Someone fire Desu and give this guy a job.  He's discovered that critical hits will ignore stat boosts and in general can fuck up an otherwise good strategy (i.e., he's discovered luck).  Also my good sir, please tell me how exactly you get a pokemon that can boost up the odds of critical hits and then spam a move while trying to hit a pokemon with +6 evasion, without dying? Because that sounds like a Pokemon that I should be adding to my team.

Someone fire Desu and give this guy a job.  He's discovered that critical hits will ignore stat boosts and in general can fuck up an otherwise good strategy (i.e., he's discovered luck).  Also my good sir, please tell me how exactly you get a pokemon that can boost up the odds of critical hits and then spam a move while trying to hit a pokemon with +6 evasion, without dying? Because that sounds like a Pokemon that I should be adding to my team.

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/14842-qwilfish-level-50s-aka-godfish/?hl=godfish

add it

And you can egg train Haze. There's alot of pokemon in my teams that have haze. Roar seems to work pretty well actually so far i've used it and when they're too high a level to  use it on i haze them. Also Crit hits is a way to get around it. Ive found that Crit hits actually ignore just about everything. So i came up with a combo for upping it all the way and spamming it a few times till it hits the double team master and kills it. I'm talking from personal experience. my buddy has a vaporeon that does nothing but double team then kills everything in it's way while healing and walling. It's a nightmare. Thus i found ways around it. not cried and asked it to be banned.

All I'm saying is there are ways around any other person's method of battle. And just because you point out it's hard doesn't mean you can't do it. Just means you'd rather take the easy way out. (not gana insult sorry. >< ;)

I honestly can't get over this response. Lol'ing so hard. And I love that my boy Bowser liked it.

"Crit hits is a way to get around it"

I love this guy.