Team Tournament [November Edition]

Someone fire Desu and give this guy a job.  He's discovered that critical hits will ignore stat boosts and in general can fuck up an otherwise good strategy (i.e., he's discovered luck).  Also my good sir, please tell me how exactly you get a pokemon that can boost up the odds of critical hits and then spam a move while trying to hit a pokemon with +6 evasion, without dying? Because that sounds like a Pokemon that I should be adding to my team.

Well with that one i had to fight fire with fire lol. two ways though. Did one with a Scyther using double team as well, then use focus energy then spammed slash. The other way was i used a similar method of making out a poke's sp def so it couldn't kill me as easy, rested, then focus energy spammed slash ^^
It wasn't the best way around it but it worked lol.
The point was it can get around it. There are ways. And just because people like you are too uncreative to think doesn't mean there's not ways around most things.

Well with that one i had to fight fire with fire lol. two ways though. Did one with a Scyther using double team as well, then use focus energy then spammed slash. The other way was i used a similar method of making out a poke's sp def so it couldn't kill me as easy, rested, then focus energy spammed slash ^^
It wasn't the best way around it but it worked lol.
The point was it can get around it. There are ways. And just because people like you are too uncreative to think doesn't mean there's not ways around most things.

scyther (252 att/spdef)vs vaporeon (252 hp/spa att)

scyther hits vap with a crit slash and does 44.6% - 52.6%

vap hits scyther with a non crit ice beam and does 121% - 142.3%

your argument is invalid

scyther (252 att/spdef)vs vaporeon (252 hp/spa att)

scyther hits vap with a crit slash and does 44.6% - 52.6%

vap hits scyther with a non crit ice beam and does 121% - 142.3%

your argument is invalid

The one i was facing didn't have icebeam duh. If it had i would have used a different poke lol

The one i was facing didn't have icebeam duh. If it had i would have used a different poke lol

A 252 Att/Speed Scyther is 2HKO'd by a Vaporeon's STAB Surf. A vaporeon with no special attack investment at all, might I add, so offensive variants will surely do better. You need SEVERAL Focus Energies in order to max crit rate, and besides that, even criticals don't ignore evasion boosts, so you're still relying on luck to hit.

Unless you're fighting someone who is quite literally 100% inept in every possible way, there is no god damn way you could beat them, Slash can't even do enough damage to kill Vaporeon in one hit.

surf does 45.2% - 53.4% so you still have to get 2 crits in a row and even then it will likely survive. your argument is still invalid. also pokemon "X" can beat pokemon "Y" in a very specific set of circumstances is not a argument. if vap carry's ice beam your dead, if vap carries acid armor your dead. if it carries wish/protect you dead. ect.... read the explanation of counters and checks here https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/26865-unofficial-determining-a-pseudo-pokemmo-tier-list-updated-10152013/