Team Tournament [November Edition]

Sorry my team is new to this, do we sign up by whispering to you?

Registration will be first come, first serve. The bracket will not be randomized.

Date: Thursday, November 14th

Time: 6:00 PM EDT | 3:00 PM PDT | 11:00 PM GMT

One representative from each team registers up to five players in this format:

Team Name:
Team Tag:
Registered Players:

Team Captain:
(Note: The Team Captain is who I will be contacting if I need to relay information to your team.)

Post in this thread following the template above at the given registration time and date.

Ok Question... List of clauses.. Why have them? Sides the actual pokemon tournament rules? Mostly just banning repeat held items and you can't use two charzards and what not? Why do you feel the need to reward bad playing skills? If someone's spamming sleep, just have a poke on your team that can counter that. Using double team? Haze it. roar it. shockwave it. They're using items you don't like? Knock off, trick them out of it. Makes for a wider range of game-play and skills. But instead it's so bland that ur just rewarding pure sweepers who have almost no status effects. Because that's creative and great strategy right? :/ Blaw  you guys need to have a real tourney and stop harping about "oooh nuuu my sweeper can't hit someone using double team!!! Raaaage i can't figure out how to stop it!! BAN IT BAN IT NOOOOOW!!" lol.

Ok Question... List of clauses.. Why have them? Sides the actual pokemon tournament rules? Mostly just banning repeat held items and you can't use two charzards and what not? Why do you feel the need to reward bad playing skills? If someone's spamming sleep, just have a poke on your team that can counter that. Using double team? Haze it. roar it. shockwave it. They're using items you don't like? Knock off, trick them out of it. Makes for a wider range of game-play and skills. But instead it's so bland that ur just rewarding pure sweepers who have almost no status effects. Because that's creative and great strategy right? :/ Blaw  you guys need to have a real tourney and stop harping about "oooh nuuu my sweeper can't hit someone using double team!!! Raaaage i can't figure out how to stop it!! BAN IT BAN IT NOOOOOW!!" lol.

pls go nub

not sure if srs.

anyway, the problem with double team is that it makes the game more luck based than it already is. it's not like it takes skill to press double team and pray for good luck. 

not sure if srs.

anyway, the problem with double team is that it makes the game more luck based than it already is. it's not like it takes skill to press double team and pray for good luck. 

It's called HAZE and SHOCKWAVE. Oh hey arial ace. oooooor faint attack :D Roar even. My buddy uses Double team with his Vaporeon and i found ways to kick it's swishy mermaid behind lol. Sleep? Guess what? Insomnia.It's not luck based. It's using a method. Just as much as Dragon Huggers spamming dragon dance. Why not just band everything but normal moves without secondary effects while ur at it?? oooh no bodyslam is cheap cus 30% of the time it paralyzes you! that bad! lmao. this thing's a joke guys cmon.

I'm just tired of fighting you noobs saying "ooh you can't put to sleep more then one pokemon!!"
I just wana tell them "well you can't keep switching every single time then brain dead.. >__<;"

It wouldn't be a problem if this wasn't the "official tournament!" I'd just pawn it off as noobs being noobs but gawd you guys. or at least have this tourney with all these bloody brain dead rules and have a real tournament once in awhile. Look up actual pokemon tourneys. The only problem i have with those is legendary is aloud lol. not because they're "cheap" which they kinda are but cus the concept of there being 10 zapados's is kinda a DR Who rip off episode lol.

It's called HAZE and SHOCKWAVE. Oh hey arial ace. oooooor faint attack :D Roar even. My buddy uses Double team with his Vaporeon and i found ways to kick it's swishy mermaid behind lol. Sleep? Guess what? Insomnia.It's not luck based. It's using a method. Just as much as Dragon Huggers spamming dragon dance. Why not just band everything but normal moves without secondary effects while ur at it?? oooh no bodyslam is cheap cus 30% of the time it paralyzes you! that bad! lmao. this thing's a joke guys cmon.

I'm just tired of fighting you noobs saying "ooh you can't put to sleep more then one pokemon!!"
I just wana tell them "well you can't keep switching every single time then brain dead.. >__<;"

It wouldn't be a problem if this wasn't the "official tournament!" I'd just pawn it off as noobs being noobs but gawd you guys. or at least have this tourney with all these bloody brain dead rules and have a real tournament once in awhile. Look up actual pokemon tourneys. The only problem i have with those is legendary is aloud lol. not because they're "cheap" which they kinda are but cus the concept of there being 10 zapados's is kinda a DR Who rip off episode lol.

yes, everyone who has ever hosted/played in tournaments are the noobs, not you the one guy spamming sleep moves over and over.

exactly, fight the power

It wouldn't be a problem if this wasn't the "official tournament!" I'd just pawn it off as noobs being noobs but gawd you guys. or at least have this tourney with all these bloody brain dead rules and have a real tournament once in awhile. Look up actual pokemon tourneys. The only problem i have with those is legendary is aloud lol. not because they're "cheap" which they kinda are but cus the concept of there being 10 zapados's is kinda a DR Who rip off episode lol.this

#MrNummumumums4CM

Lol at that guy's arguments, Whats to stop someone from using wobuffet/bag items then?

Or "what about level 100s in level 50 battles? Why are you all so much crying about meeting a level 100 with your level 50s you can just level them."

But srs I think he is just trolling :P

finally!!!! why can't people be more like you. this meta needs to change. support 100%

Sigh. God dammit guys.

First of all, saying that "Roar/Whirlwind" counter Double Team is blatantly false. In 3rd gen, they are 100% accurate moves, not perfect accuracy, meaning that they can miss. Not only that, but because they have negative priority, the turn it takes to switch in your phazer and the turn you use it guarantees the opponent at least 2 Double Teams. It also certainly doesn't help that some of the best phazers/hazers are physically defensive. (Looking at you Weezing+Skarmory); This is totally ignoring the fact you can just taunt their phazer before they can phaze you, by the way, as Whirlwind/Roar have negative priority. As for "Shock Wave" (hue), it's a god awful move. Period. Same with all other "Perfect Accuracy" moves. Even with a super effective hit, it's only 120 BP, easily overpowered by any neutral effective STAB move such as Surf or Psychic.

Also, saying "Just have a poke who can counter to sleep" is hilariously incorrect. For the most part, Insomnia/Vital Spirit pokemon honestly aren't that powerful. If you only have one, the opponent can easily play around it. Not to mention the fact that there are many more good sleep users than there are Insomnia/Vital Spirit pokemon. As for Lum Berry, the meta is already plagued with Lum spam, if you honestly think rewarding it even more will promote diversity, you're god damn insane.

Let's not forget the biggest reason things such as Evasion are banned; They provide nothing actually beneficial to the game, and a majority of people do not enjoy them. In a metagame that allows evasion, you will notice that only lower level players actually use it; Higher skill plays would never be found using it, due to how unreliable it is. However, despite this, due to Evasion's entirely random nature, a terrible player could potentially beat a very skilled player due to the huge element of luck.

Also, regarding "Look up actual pokemon tourneys", I assume you mean VGC. Let's get a few things straight, right off the bat; Comparing 4v4 Doubles to 6v6 Singles is like comparing an apple to the moon, to even think they're similar you have to be entirely braindead. Yes, both are round/have pokemon, but that doesn't matter that much. Doubles is much more fast paced than Singles ever will be, and the fact that it's 4v4 makes matches go by even faster. The reason there's no sleep clause in VGC is primarily because of the doubles format. In singles, a pokemon being put to sleep could easily mean it's useless for the whole match, unless you have Aromatherapy or Heal Bell (Which isn't even released in PokeMMO yet). In doubles, however, sleep isn't as big of a deal for several reasons; One, almost everything in doubles carries Protect, meaning scouting out a potential sleep move isn't as hard. This also means your pokemon can gang up on the sleep inducer before it does anything, or the pokemon you think it will try to sleep can protect while the other attacks. Two, if one pokemon is put to sleep, the other can still function, meaning you don't have absolutely nothing going for you on your side of the field. For proof of this, look at recent VGC rules, they ban Dark Void. Why? Because Dark Void puts to sleep both pokemon in a double battle.

Also, the speed of double battles and the ability to attack one pokemon with two mitigates the luck effect of evasion, despite the fact nobody in that format actually uses phazing moves or perfect accuracy moves. Once again, in a metagame where evasion is allowed, the higher level players don't actually use it, and VGC shows this off spectacularly. 

TL;DR: No, you're wrong, everything you say/think/imagine is wrong, and nobody likes Double Team anyway. VGC is neat, though.