[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Playing with sprites again

mbof2Qk.png

*edited gloves and eyes. Might change a bit more later

EDIT:

Wanted to try give it a ponytail but failed horribly .3. Figured I'd still post it, somebody could perhaps take the idea from it and fix it.

EiS8YOi.png

Also, Moetal, do you have a list of Pokémon that need major work on still? Perhaps ones that are still in original Moemon state. I want to try making something original using bases from older versions and touching them up.

(And, completely unrelated I saw something similar to my character in the moemon so I decided I'd very quickly make an icon for a chat thing I use:

b073cf96c3.png

yes, I'm aware the hair is badly done)

Edited by TheBurningBlue

@hardcore
Its very low quality but i dont actually see manectric in the design. If you changed the colors it could be anything. Try finding a distinct feature that makes manectric, manectric. Try making the zig zags and spikes a little more visible .
Also i agree with moetal, it seems youve never finished up any of your own sprites. To me clefairy and jigglypuff seemed to be the closest to finished.
Try making some new edits on them since youve taken time away from them. I believe they both need back sprites too.

Edited by CrookedWings427

@Hardcore

The lower body is strangely connected to the upper body. The quality is okay-ish.

@Rex

shroomish_E28ye.png

This one is starting to look good. The hair still could be improved on. The orange petals of the hat looks like they could be shaded better. The maracas is cute, but looks out of character (and also bad outline color). She reminds me more of Ludicolo than Shroomish.

@BurningBlue

List is too long, but Abra line and Kabutops (we have Kabuto front sprite only from Magi), Hitmonlee (since we now have a decent looking Hitmonchan) and Steelix are my bane. 

Edited by Moetal

Hey, I'm new to the site, but have been following the progress on here for a few months now. Do you guys appreciate input from outsiders? I don't think I'd be able to sprite much, but I can offer my point of view if you'll take it. Like for example, I found this dragonite that someone made:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1262287/Moemon/149%20Dragonite/Dragonite%20Edit%20v1.3.png

I'm not sure if permissions need to be requested in order to use it, and maybe you would change the sprites some (and most likely, you'll be satisfied with what you have already, I mean, frankly, you guys have been working pretty hard on so many sprites lately), but I think that it would be better to use this one than the one that's currently being used. 

Also, is there a way to switch out the sprites in the IPS patch? I was hoping to change out some of the NPC trainer sprites with sprites I found online, as well as being able to update the patch myself so I can use the sprites you guys have finished without relying on you all to release a new update. I know you guys use that advanced sprite editor, does that only work on a clean fire red rom or could i use it on a patched one?

Thanks, and I appreciate all that you do!

@Crooked

Editing would take more effort than starting from scratch in my opinion. Design could be improved more also, but I'm really not sure how she should look like.

@Rex

Work on her evolved forms now. 

Edited by Moetal

@kickern

idk which is one is better ..maybe we should wait for the  suggestions of other people about that :D..

I also think....Is it better if she is facing on the left or opponent side??

if you have any better idea or design about that...you can freely edit that pinsir..boss :D

if this work is good....maybe i should try to make its backsprite....

MOE YEAH!