[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

I swear at some point I've seen and used a version of Moemon that was just a mod file. Does anyone know where that might be located or is this the only surviving version of that? It had all of the Pokemon within the game, not just those attached to Fire Red.

@Jonikari

There were countless of Moemon patches up 'till now. Not only for Fire Red. But for Emerald, Ruby and Leaf Green as well. Plus the Japanese Moemon doujin games and numerous Moemon ips patches. It is true that amongst the very first "wave" of western Moemon patches, there were indeed a dozen in which all of them were catchable. This is of course not the case with the Fire Red Revival Project. But it's still worth to remember the history of moeficated pocket monsters. 

Also, possible food for thought concerning Azumarril:

@MeDOKTOR

JiRnYiu.png

Made the clothes fit the form of her chest in the back sprite and added a small outline to the end of her ponytail. There was also a blank space in her left arm on the back sprite so I filled it in.

d7475ef8-4a0c-11e6-a35b-4faa6822f0d4.gif

She could/should be shifted over to the left some to center and also add possible space to add/revise things.

For the sake of continuity in both sprites (mostly things about the front sprite) I want to point a few things out:

1. Her pose just seems really unnatural, the right arm's shoulder should be somewhat visible (if even a little) and the squatting position should maybe be changed to kneeling in some fashion, for example kneeling on her left leg so her hand could still rest on her right leg. This way you can also see the stripe on her stomach easier.
  2. The right arm in the back sprite needs to match the front sprite, aka having the forearm and hand somewhat visible or at least the top of the forearm as it is bent upwards in the front sprite. This is kind of hard for me to explain so if the hand's pose needs to be changed I suggest something like this (her left hand).
    Spoiler

64c53e7464cca0e0d3f5d64060e5621f252dd04f

To be honest though I think it would be much easier to just have the hand on the side like the left one. However, these things would make it look more diverse in her posing and, IMO, more appealing than your typical "kneeling with arms to the side" pose.

3. Her chest also looks slightly smaller than in the back sprite, needs to be bigger to match. 
    1. Edit: Now that I look closer it actually seems to be the same size, forget it.

Other than that, I like this design quite a bit. I'll try my hand at these points but I can guarantee that someone else could make these revisions/other revisions in a much more attractive way than I can.

Edited by GetRekdm8

Oju21YA.png

This is what I came up with after a while of messing around with the kneeling pose I proposed and ultimately getting frustrated over it. I haven't been able to test what this would look like in game because my sprite editor keeps giving me an error whenever I try and write to rom. I tried reducing the colors to see if that was the issue and literally nothing changed for the image on my end.

@Kickern

THANK YOU for doing that, I started panicking because somewhere down the line I noticed that. I see what you mean, kind of looks like a blue worm with that band around it, maybe something like this?

YslrBhh.png

Edit: Trying to go for the bump before the spike on the tail.

Edit 2:

yQ0VMwk.png

Noticed that little white part above right eyebrow and filled it in.

Edited by GetRekdm8

Noticed these needed shiny versions:

UGS0gcP.png

d3XK9wp.png

45NmkNP.png

I put the rest of the things I want feedback on in a spoiler because I don't want to take up too much space on the page

Spoiler

I'm unsatisfied with the current Charizard sprite, for while it looks cute, the tail and the shiny color are the biggest negatives for me.

nRcKx2M.png

4wP7jb1.png

(tried to get the end of the tail to look like it was coming towards her front

I tried my hand at changing the red hair to orange and making the hair the tail like in Charmander's sprite

Charmander (shiny flame edited) for comparison

QhO2Wzz.png

Charmeleon (shiny flame edited) with long hair for continuity between evolutions

WbQqh26.png