Design Your Own Region [ April 18th-May 28th]

Oh man emlee your villain organization.

I was so torn between confusion and hilarity.

And when I realize at the end what it's based off, it's kind of genius that you actually went for something like that. :P

Also, your gym leader Siku is really cute 10/10 also froslass ftw

Haha I kind of went with the old "funny... yet morbid" theme :P Thanks for the compliment, I need to revisit yours since I haven't been doing anything but trying to get mine completed ;___; 

I am happy you like Siku, her and Zeina are my absolute faves ^_^

Haha I kind of went with the old "funny... yet morbid" theme :P Thanks for the compliment, I need to revisit yours since I haven't been doing anything but trying to get mine completed ;___; 

I am happy you like Siku, her and Zeina are my absolutely faves ^_^

(= Maybe wait another day or two as I have a lot of art missing and a few more details.

And a storyline.

But yeah I've been doing sooo many things alongside this project like planning trips, making music, making video games, making music for said videogame, looking for work...

Also i'm really impressed by the time you spend on your drawings, I just made 10-30 mins per character illustration, just to get an idea of what they look like.

(= Maybe wait another day or two as I have a lot of art missing and a few more details.

And a storyline.

But yeah I've been doing sooo many things alongside this project like planning trips, making music, making video games, making music for said videogame, looking for work...

Also i'm really impressed by the time you spend on your drawings, I just made 10-30 mins per character illustration, just to get an idea of what they look like.

I actually took a sneak peak, I like the drawings! I know they're quick-ish but they are all very unique and represent your characters well. :)

2nCpKIj.png

Name: Zeina

[spoiler]PGA9k2K.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

Physical Description: Zeina is a 5'8 female who has a fiery personality and the compassion to match it. She prefers to wear spandex shorts and tank tops so that she has lots of freedom of movement. When acting as an Elite Four member she sports some ears and a tail. Her favourite colours are red and gold. She is typically spotted wearing either or both. She almost always has her long thick hair tied up and out of the way! 

Pokemon Type: Fire 

Pokemon: Pyroars x2 (both female), Ninetales, Houndoom, Torkoal, Camerupt

Room Layout: Zeina's room is maroon with a gold carpet leading up to where she stands. On either side of her are two gold statues of her prized female pyroars. They sparkle under the lights. The walls are lined with images of volcanoes and fire, as she always wants to remind people that fire can be destructive and is not to be taken lightly. 

Personal Information and Background: Zeina spends most of her spare time scaling mountains by hiking and/or rock climbing. She is an avid camper and is always telling people that she was meant to be outside. She is occasionally scolded for leaving her spot at the Elite Four early and running off to hike with her beloved Pyroars. As the first member of the Elite Four it's impossible for a challenger to begin without her. Oftentimes the other members distract the trainer until she can be located. The trainer usually ends up being set up with a room for the night. Despite her inconsistencies, she is a fantastic edition to the Elite Four, as she keeps the rest of the members on their toes and often sets up retreats and debriefs for the group in order to improve their battling and professionalism. Zeina can be confusing to those who do not know her, but deep down she's simply a fun loving person with a ton of passion. [/spoiler]

I'm sorry but I just have to say, I would totally bang Zeina.

Great job em, glad your reping us Canadians.

I can't wait to see everyones. I lost my tropical region, in a freak computer virus accident. ;_:  It had a shiny tropius event, it was amazing. Still, this is an awesome competetion and the results will be sweet.

Is it allowed to include more than 8 legendaries, as long as they are not catchable? For an example Mew references in Pokemon Mansion or storyline events involving legendaries?

I believe this was asked before, if I find it in the thread I'll quote it, but i believe the answer was yes, more than the ones you have in the game can be referenced

EDIT: After a little bit of searching

@Musica: It's surprising how many questions appear while working on this project...Let's say a legendary Pokémon is merely mentioned in a book or by a character, does it still count as one of the eight? It does not appear in person at all. It isn't even native (for example Arceus in ancient history).

I think it's safe to say the legendary limit only refers to the number of catchable legends in your region.

No it doesn't count, Emlee is correct. 

Okay, thanks. Didn't read through all the 13(?) pages, since i only saw this thread a few days ago. Trying to finish my region in time though, I feel like i might have to rush it a bit, but i guess about half of the work done now.

why do those cartoons have big breasts, it always gets me confused

Women have breasts, have you noticed? When I am drawing women I give them breasts, when I am drawing a young girl I don't. I can't believe you've never noticed this before. 

Too late to start? Probably. Will it be good? Probably not. Will I still waste my time doing it? At this moment, most likely, but I'll come to my senses in roughly 7 hours when I'm halfway through.

Even if you don't finish, it's a ton of fun to work on.   :D  But I hope you get it done, I'm loving reading all the entries.

I'd be annoyed if someone wins with 7 hours effort xD also, no italians here to wish me luck?

Can Americans wish you luck?

Too late to start? Probably. Will it be good? Probably not. Will I still waste my time doing it? At this moment, most likely, but I'll come to my senses in roughly 7 hours when I'm halfway through.

i started one yesterday and i realized it's way more work than i thought it was going to be.  my pokedex is at like ~102 with like no bug or ghost types and writing a good main story is challenging

i started one yesterday and i realized it's way more work than i thought it was going to be.  my pokedex is at like ~102 with like no bug or ghost types and writing a good main story is challenging

After a few hours I can see I've barely done anything, apart from organise some thoughts and roughly start on a map.