BUFF THE ELITE 4!

necund

Question

16 answers to this question

And a bonus item if you get through without using any items!

no... just...no

on a different note, it is a known fact that the current AI is as strong as ash in league challenges (which is bad) so a decent buff could be interesting, not to mention bringing back 100s meta as well at some point

munya brings up a good point, which is that it a run through a lvl100 E4 would definitely cost some items. im not saying that established players couldnt afford to power through it, but it would be a serious money sink [that revive and full restore price is brutal]. our economy is already based on infinite inflation, so i dont believe it would hurt to add monetary rewards back into the lv100 league

Gettin alittle out of the topic but they could add nuzlocke challenges for experienced players, which could be like: All e4 members have all pokemons set'd at level 80 (maybe), they have all their pokes IVs setted at 26, they should be EV'd and with the right moveset, also we should be unable to use items on the battle. winner gets an exclusive item, an big money prize or an gen 4-6 exclusive TM; or maybe battle points

the ai buff should be great and i'm eager to see what devs have been cooking up, but it's still short of a level 100 challenge. the player characters [and only them] can have level 100s. which really doesnt make sense considering the elite four are supposed to be THE STRONGEST IN THE REGION. a legion of ten year olds have level 100 pokemon and all the elite four can manage is level 80? silliness. advantages would be numerous, and implementation should be rather simple so i guess it's just a question of "why don't we have this?"

the ai buff should be great and i'm eager to see what devs have been cooking up, but it's still short of a level 100 challenge. the player characters [and only them] can have level 100s. which really doesnt make sense considering the elite four are supposed to be THE STRONGEST IN THE REGION. a legion of ten year olds have level 100 pokemon and all the elite four can manage is level 80? silliness. advantages would be numerous, and implementation should be rather simple so i guess it's just a question of "why don't we have this?"

We plan to do more with the Elite Four in the future, at this stage I won't give any details as nothing is entirely concrete.

We are however of the opinion that they should probably be more challenging at least on post-defeat attempts.