Speed Tournament (3rd January)

Noad

If it is not too late, can Aerodactyl still be banned? it is too strong, nothing resists rock (besides the slow primeape) There are not many ways to play around it, as it will force many speed ties with Jolteons. Jolteon is also a problem but can be played around more easily, sicne there are no choice specs in the game.

If it is not too late, can Aerodactyl still be banned? it is too strong, nothing resists rock (besides the slow primeape) There are not many ways to play around it, as it will force many speed ties with Jolteons. Jolteon is also a problem but can be played around more easily, sicne there are no choice specs in the game.

Implement Choice Scarf to this tournament, pl0x.

I have to agree on this one here. Not only that it's literally impossible to switch in against it, it just flat out 95% OHKOs of the Pokemon in this "metagame". Basically the whole tournament will be about Aero speed ties.

In all honesty, I don't think anyone made an Aerodactyl just for this tournament. Every even slightly experienced OU player has one. So I don't personally think it's atrocity to last second remove it to get actually a somewhat prediction based tournament.

Edited by OrangeManiac

If you guys feel that Salamence and Linoone banned, shoot me a PM or post in this thread the reason why and I will consider it over the next few days. 

I did open a discussion on Salamence a little while ago, if you had posted an argument against banning it I would have taken that into account when making a decision. Sorry if you didn't notice the post, usually I put important stuff like that in bold and red so it grabs attention. 

Why even ban Mence? Yes it's a good phys wall, but how many special attackers are available that will pistol whip it, and even be able to switch in on it?

And yes I'm biased.

LF some comps to borrow, since most of my +90 speed pokes will be banned

Because it is a full stop to any physical attacker, there is no way to go around it, it kills the play. Look at the calcs I've done on the previous page. Probably you know them already, though, so just a reminder.