Shinies will always breed shinies.

Now that the Pokemmocalypse has begun, and there is no stop to the breeding slaughterfest, I suggest that two shiny parents will have a 100% chance of producing a shiny baby. While in the previous breeding system this would have generated an infinity of shinies, this is a good opportunity to try and give a competitive edge to shinies, while reducing their population as well. I see no downsides to this, except perhaps an increase in the value of rare female shinies, and common male shinies.

Discuss.

UPDATE: Thanks for feedback guys, I can now create a list of possible value changes:

• Increase in value for common male shinies, because they can breed with a fully evolved female to obtain the first shiny form.
  • Increase in value for Ditto, because they can breed with a fully evolved pokemon to obtain the first shiny form.
  • Decrese in value for the first forms of the evolutionary line for the reasons stated above.
  • Increase in values for shinies with good natures or IVs, regardless of rarity.

I think this would come along nicely with the new breeding system, and finally we will be able to improve our shinies, although it will be a costly process. Because comps will already soar in prices, adding the option to breed for shiny comps will allow the sparkling ones to remain into a close balance with the normal comps. Players will have to decide by themselves if they consider an average IV shiny more valuable than a godly comp, or not.

i dunno about this,

what about shiny ditto + x ?

So you lose a shiny ditto to get a baby of its partner?

Remember you need two shinies to produce one, that might be better or not.

Edited by keithgalbraith

So you lose a shiny ditto to get a baby of its partner?

yea i guess its not so bad, just ditto value raising alooooot but i dont really care.

it means i could finally get some OT shinies, and see some sweet shinies in tourneys.

still not sure about this, wanna see more opinions

maybe another 'issue' is alrdy evo'd shinies?

sack a vap & a ditto, get an eevee,

well its not really an issue, just something to keep in mind.

Edited by flavajabari

That's a really intriguing suggestion actually.

However could this not be used to "upgrade" your shiny? For example shiny Growlithe is worth less than a shiny arcanine

If one were to have a shiny female arcanine and breed that with a shiny male persian, essentialy you're gaining profit from such a "trade", no?

Edit: Didn't see flava already brought that up

Edited by TheGloriousWalrus

That's a really intriguing suggestion actually.

However could this not be used to "upgrade" your shiny? For example shiny Growlithe is worth less than a shiny arcanine

If one were to have a shiny female arcanine and breed that with a shiny male persian, essentialy you're gaining profit from such a "trade", no?

Edit: Didn't see flava already brought that up

shiny arca + decent iv persian for an OT growlithe, i'm down.

my tales is females, letsgoooooo

I was assuming the sacrifice of Ninetales only, the number of vulpix would increase, the number of ninetales would decrease.

ooh yes, correct, but i doubt it would matter much on vulpix, since ninetales is the more desired one.

maybe on shinies like ursaring it would matter more, cause theres alot of ursa and very few teddi, which are very desired.

either way i feel like its a risk well worth it for an OT and potentially comp shiny.

Edited by flavajabari

Well, this will only allow species to have a set value with less fluctuation, as now you can not only evolve them, but take them back to first stage with a ditto. As for dittos, I have seen 5-6 shiny ones, but all of them had poor ivs. Mine has 31 special defense, and 31 total on the other 5.

[spoiler]inb4 accused of plotting a rise in ditto value[/spoiler]

Edited by keithgalbraith

Shiny Ditto + shiny starter OP

Shiny Ditto + Shiny Starter = Shiny Starter (and no more Ditto)

Will update on possible shiny value changes.

EDIT: Updated first post with a first glance analysis of value impacts.

Edited by keithgalbraith

Shiny Ditto + Shiny Starter = Shiny Starter (and no more Ditto)

Will update on possible shiny value changes.

Shiny ditto + shiny charizard = shiny charmander = big profit = gg

RIP ditto but who cares, the guy made like 50m profit : chari => charmander

Edited by xXKhryon

Shiny ditto + shiny charizard = shiny charmander = big profit = gg

RIP ditto but who cares, the guy made like 50m profit : chari => charmander

Would that not drop the value of Charmander instead of making the guy profit so big? My point is that it would create a more level field of value in every evolutionary line.

Would that not drop the value of Charmander instead of making the guy profit so big? My point is that it would create a more level field of value in every evolutionary line.

Why would his value drop ? and anyway I wouldnt even care coz OT > all

its not like this only works with dittos, if your zard is female you can just breed it with a male cubone or something.

Yeah ofc but I took the kemaric's exemple