Shinies will always breed shinies.

"It drastically lowers the value of any Pokemon in the first stages of evolution - especially the babies":

Whilst this is true, I don't believe this to be an issue.

Shinies are still considered valuable and exciting and it still an achievement to find one, I do not believe anybody should drastically benefit in monetary value because they were able to obtain a shiny due to getting lucky with an RNG roll in the breeding mechanic instead of getting lucky with the RNG roll of finding a Pokemon in the wild.

i think that it would more likely raise the value of the allready evo'd shinies, rather than lower the value of the prevo's.

they would probably meet somewhere in the middle, leaning to the prevo's current value.

this is just speculation ofcourse, but knowing shiny traders, they would get the most out of any situation.

With this system, it'd actually give a purpose to the lower-end shinies.

You want to breed a comp rhydon for OU?

Why not start your chain by looking for a shiny one on trade chat?

People will actually purchase some low-tier shinies for the end goal, rather than to rip off the next guy by selling it for more or less of a profit.

Nobody buys shinies for any other reason than to sell it again, and that's kinda sad.

Edited by Eggplant

So , for example, i own a shiny arcanine (female) , i just go buy a shiny rat (male) or a ditto(lets face it its cheaper than most cute shinies) , i put in daycare , i get a lvl 1 growlithe , thats kinda ,,,,,,, bullshit ._.

Only thing that would be bad about this is killing the cute shiny dittos making their prices much higher due to rarity and being killed for OT pre evo growlithe ;D other than that..i would love this ahahaha ....Plus you can just get a rat like you said and save the dittos life!

Edited by doggydom

Only thing that would be bad about this is killing the cute shiny dittos making their prices much higher due to rarity and being killed for OT pre evo growlithe ;D other than that..i would love this ahahaha ....Plus you can just get a rat like you said and save the dittos life!

What if the arcanine was male :o

Wouldn't people make huge profits off of this though once its comp if they decide to sell it ?

They would make 'a profit', but the value of the competitiveness of the shiny Pokemon would largely be based on what it would cost to make the regular version of it competitive.

The market would not be anywhere near the same as it is now; the 'competitiveness' of a shiny is based on an RNG roll currently, which adds a large amount of value to it.

Even if people made a profit from selling the competitive shiny (which they would) they'd have put the effort in to get to that stage, instead of having won the lottery multiple times over.

i think that it would more likely raise the value of the allready evo'd shinies, rather than lower the value of the prevo's.

they would probably meet somewhere in the middle, leaning to the prevo's current value.

this is just speculation ofcourse, but knowing shiny traders, they would get the most out of any situation.

EDIT: You're correct, they'd likely meet somewhere inbetween

Edited by Darkshade

My personal idea (not necessarily a good one).

There is an NPC who is looking for a shiny pokemon. He will trade an item (name doesnt matter but let's call it Shiny Paste) for the random shiny pokemon.

Most likely one will be trading a common shiny like ratata, paras and tangela.

Now you have the Shiny Paste.

This is a held item exclusive to Ditto.

When you have a valuable shiny you'd like to improve the IV's of to become competitive worthy, you are able to put that Shiny in the Daycare to breed with the Ditto holding Shiny Paste.

Both parents are released and your offspring now is a guaranteed Shiny. But with the improved IV's obtained from the Ditto.

Result:

This idea will decrease the amount of common shinies in the economy, creating a shiny sink. (If there is no shiny sink, in the long term the market will be oversatured by shinies)

All shinies will be raising in value because they will have another purpose other than collectable.

Shiny pidgey do not deserve this, I would like to propose that pidgey and its evolutions be banned from being turned into paste

something i see that might be a problem is we currently use the ot to keep track of the number of shinys in the market, who has them, and whether the current owner is a scammer. if this were implemented, there would be no way to tell how many shinys there are in the market (and therefore rarity) and how people got them. with catch by dates and ot changeable as everything else, it becomes infinity easier to scam and sell high value pokemon, and it becomes much harder for shiny traders VD peeps to keep track of the rarity of pokemon.

something i see that might be a problem is we currently use the ot to keep track of the number of shinys in the market, who has them, and whether the current owner is a scammer. if this were implemented, there would be no way to tell how many shinys there are in the market (and therefore rarity) and how people got them. with catch by dates and ot changeable as everything else, it becomes infinity easier to scam and sell high value pokemon, and it becomes much harder for shiny traders VD peeps to keep track of the rarity of pokemon.

I dont use OT's to keep track of shinies...

The more people i talk to and the more I think about it, the less I am actually in favor of shiny breeding, the people saying no on this are beating you people in favor of it out guys.

well the people voting no on new breeding also beating the yes voters and its still happening.

i think this could be fun but might need another step/level to it, so it's not too easy or whatever.

The more people i talk to and the more I think about it, the less I am actually in favor of shiny breeding, the people saying no on this are beating you people in favor of it out guys.

Where exactly do you see this? Darkshade just posted a wall of text on why this would be an improvement.