Shinies will always breed shinies.

I remember someone telling me that shedinja was spawned completely separately and would have a 1/8192 (yeah right) chance of being shiny even if the nincada was shiny

Just looked up the info for confirmation; the Shedinja that results from the evolution of Nincada maintains the same nature, IVs, shiny value, etc. when it is generated.

Source: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shedinja_%28Pokémon%29 Edited by Kiliminati

Shiny ditto + shiny charizard = shiny charmander = big profit = gg

RIP ditto but who cares, the guy made like 50m profit : chari => charmander

the value diffrence between a charmander and a charizard would change. as it is now, evo's are permanent. if this were implemented then shinys would be unevolvable at the high cost of 2 for 1 shiny's. sounds good imo.

With the new breeding system, both parents get terminated. I don't know if someone wants to give up 2 shinies for 1 unless they're certain the ivs will be good

I would give my shiny char + shiny ditto for an ot shiny charmander everytime only if I can evolve it to charizard again, i wouldn't even care if ivs and nature are bad, i just want an ot lel

My personal idea (not necessarily a good one).

There is an NPC who is looking for a shiny pokemon. He will trade an item (name doesnt matter but let's call it Shiny Paste) for the random shiny pokemon.

Most likely one will be trading a common shiny like ratata, paras and tangela.

Now you have the Shiny Paste.

This is a held item exclusive to Ditto.

When you have a valuable shiny you'd like to improve the IV's of to become competitive worthy, you are able to put that Shiny in the Daycare to breed with the Ditto holding Shiny Paste.

Both parents are released and your offspring now is a guaranteed Shiny. But with the improved IV's obtained from the Ditto.

Result:

This idea will decrease the amount of common shinies in the economy, creating a shiny sink. (If there is no shiny sink, in the long term the market will be oversatured by shinies)

All shinies will be raising in value because they will have another purpose other than collectable.

My personal idea (not necessarily a good one).

There is an NPC who is looking for a shiny pokemon. He will trade an item (name doesnt matter but let's call it Shiny Paste) for the random shiny pokemon.

Most likely one will be trading a common shiny like ratata, paras and tangela.

Now you have the Shiny Paste.

This is a held item exclusive to Ditto.

When you have a valuable shiny you'd like to improve the IV's of to become competitive worthy, you are able to put that Shiny in the Daycare to breed with the Ditto holding Shiny Paste.

Both parents are released and your offspring now is a guaranteed Shiny. But with the improved IV's obtained from the Ditto.

Result:

This idea will decrease the amount of common shinies in the economy, creating a shiny sink. (If there is no shiny sink, in the long term the market will be oversatured by shinies)

All shinies will be raising in value because they will have another purpose other than collectable.

pretty cool idea, only problem being you can't put an iv brace or everstone on ditto than.

still intresting

pretty cool idea, only problem being you can't put an iv brace or everstone on ditto than.

still intresting

the lack of everstone or IV brace would mean more need for luck-of-the-draw while breeding, which would then bring upon the slaughter of even more commons.

which is a pretty good thing. 

tyrone's idea would also raise value of good ditto maybe, assuming ditto is the only pokemon capable of this.

the lack of everstone or IV brace would mean more need for luck-of-the-draw while breeding, which would then bring upon the slaughter of even more commons.

which is a pretty good thing. 

tyrone's idea would also raise value of good ditto maybe, assuming ditto is the only pokemon capable of this.

iv brace yea, everstone seems pretty crucial tho, i'm not gonna sack 20 ratatas in hope to get a timid tales eventualy.

but maybe thats the whole point?

I kinda like this idea. It would close the value gap between evolutions which really isn't a bad thing (if it doesn't oh well that's not the point) and you would still need the shiny in the first place to breed it. People will still hold there own values regardless. But I like the fact that if you have the higher evolution you could have the chance to get the lower evolution, and you could possibly have a more competitive shiny, but at a price of course.

Edited by Ronax

Alright, I've been sitting on this for awhile but I think it's about time to make a post;

Firstly, I see no issue with shinies producing shiny offspring on the basis that the Pokemon being produced via breeding is the same species as the shiny being put into it.

i.e if you want a shiny Pidgey, either the Shiny is a female Pidgey or you breed the Shiny Pidgey with a Ditto.

It works as a Pokemon sink, as it encourages people to put in Pokemon to make their shinies more competitively viable.

What else does this accomplish?

• As pointed out above, it closes the gap between lower and higher evolutions, putting the entire evolution at the same value.
  • It allows people to use their shiny Pokemon competitively.
  • It removes the ridiculous amount of value placed on an RNG roll; catching a shiny with the right stats or the right nature matters far less than it did before, because everybody has the ability to refine their shiny Pokemon, effectively stabilizing their value.
  • It gives a majority of the currently available shinies access to egg moves, which is not something they had before.

Effectively the value of a shiny Pokemon is now decided by this;

Rarity of the species (for the entire evolution line) + The cost of the Pokemon competitively on the same level as any other Pokemon.

Instead of the current;

Rarity of the Pokemon specifically (Higher if you catch a Pokemon lower down in the evolution line) + The cost of the Pokemon competitively (Which is based on how lucky you are with RNG rolls, which is really silly).

I have discussed ths system with a few people, concerns brought up were as follows;

• "It removes the value of OT Pokemon":

I don't believe this is the case; OT Pokemon are only valued due to sentimentality because that person has obtained the shiny themelves.

For the most part, outside of the person who caught the shiny in the first place, the OT is irrelevant to anyone else - that person can still hold that sentimental value knowing that they were the one to obtain it.

• "It drastically lowers the value of any Pokemon in the first stages of evolution - especially the babies":

Whilst this is true, I don't believe this to be an issue.

Shinies are still considered valuable and exciting and it still an achievement to find one, I do not believe anybody should drastically benefit in monetary value because they were able to obtain a shiny due to getting lucky with an RNG roll in the breeding mechanic instead of getting lucky with the RNG roll of finding a Pokemon in the wild.

As for the Nincada issue; In PokeMMO, Shedinja rolls are currently entirely separate from Ninjask, and as such it would make little difference as to whether not the Nincada was shiny.

Alright, I've been sitting on this for awhile but I think it's about time to make a post;

Firstly, I see no issue with shinies producing shiny offspring on the basis that the Pokemon being produced via breeding is the same species as the shiny being put into it.

i.e if you want a shiny Pidgey, either the Shiny is a female Pidgey or you breed the Shiny Pidgey with a Ditto.

It works as a Pokemon sink, as it encourages people to put in Pokemon to make their shinies more competitively viable.

• As pointed out above, it closes the gap between lower and higher evolutions, putting the entire evolution at the same value.
  • It removes the ridiculous amount of value placed on an RNG roll; catching a shiny with the right stats or the right nature matters far less than it did before, because everybody has the ability to refine their shiny Pokemon, effectively stabilizing their value.
  • It gives a majority of the currently available shinies access to egg moves, which is not something they had before.

Rarity of the species (for the entire evolution line) + The cost of the Pokemon competitively on the same level as any other Pokemon.

Instead of the current; Rarity of the Pokemon specifically (Higher if you catch a Pokemon lower down in the evolution line) + The cost of the Pokemon competitively (Which is based on how lucky you are with RNG rolls, which is really silly).

I have discussed ths system with a few people, concerns brought up were as follows;

I don't believe this is the case; OT Pokemon are only valued due to sentimentality because that person has obtained the shiny themelves.

For the most part, outside of the person who caught the shiny in the first place, the OT is irrelevant to anyone else - that person can still hold that sentimental value knowing that they were the one to obtain it.

• "It drastically lowers the value of any Pokemon in the first stages of evolution - especially the babies":

Shinies are still considered valuable and exciting and it still an achievement to find one, I do not believe anybody should drastically benefit in monetary value because they were able to obtain a shiny due to getting lucky with an RNG roll in the breeding mechanic instead of getting lucky with the RNG roll of finding a Pokemon in the wild.

As for the Nincada issue; In PokeMMO, Shedinja rolls are currently entirely separate from Ninjask, and as such it would make little difference as to whether not the Nincada was shiny.

Gender choosing might effect this a little i guess...
Also, if this is implemented by any chance, i highly advice a warning to be put at day care...

Instead of the current;

Rarity of the Pokemon specifically (Higher if you catch a Pokemon lower down in the evolution line) + The cost of the Pokemon competitively (Which is based on how lucky you are with RNG rolls, which is really silly).

I would die in heaven if this happened...OT psyduck and poochy here I come!!! XD

Edited by doggydom