Masters Invitational General Thread

I won't complain for the first one but overall can the time zone be at least a little bit suitable for Europeans? The one we're having now starts 1 AM for me and not even a weekend so I'd hope for the future it could be preferably more like on a weekend and maybe slightly earlier even though I do realize it's impossible to make everyone happy.

I second this, not just Europeans a lot of us have difficulties with the timing atm, a little earlier lets say 4 est  wouldn't be that hard would it ?

Edit: Page King \o/

Edited by TJXD

since me and my brother dont do anything really but uguu about the game anymore, mauru said give our shiny ledyba, and whatever its sold for, can be used to fund the w/e u want.  Gl guys, glad to see that you all stil try and make some light out of all this game has tried to crush.  

So ledyba is donated and i guess wil be sold, (dont think anyone wants a ledyba as a final prize)

i got no idea now how much ledybas go for, so if u get enough, mine and maurus idea was maybe with the whole new competitive split now, some people may not have comps or may be missing 1 or 2 to fufill their team.  So if there was money left over, maybe some comps that are used often (figured between think and jay, they would know what comps are going to be used alot) could be purchased, and held in sort of a lending bank.  Either think or jay could hold them in thier account, and make a list of them on here, then people could pm you on forums, and ask for certian ones.  This might help, bigger players, who just havent solidified thier team yet.   obviously would be first come first serve, and make a rule like cant borrow same pokemon week after week, only one week at a time, this would allow people to play and have an extra week to get thier own. but also be more work for think or jay, although u guy could handle it.

we dont care what ledybas used for , do w/e u shall with it, if you need more ( like i said no idea what its worth,) then pm myself on here on mauru in game if u see him, and we can see what we can come up with.

EDIT I APOLOGIZE MEANT TO SAY ARCHI AND JAY, SORRY FOR PUTTING YOUR NAME THINK, IM TIRED 6 AM, JUST USED TO SEEING THINKNICE HOSTING TOURNEYS LOL.   IM NOT RE EDITING THEM ALL THIS GOES FOR ALL THEM!

Edited by XXbrainjuiceXX

Next months are aimed to be on like weekends around afteenoon for Eastern (I believe that is putting it between 8pm - 10pm start for your time Orango, Jay & I still need go talk about it more in detail. Apologies for making it a reqlly bad time for you, we do want to try and occupy everyone we can. (Aiming between 2pm-4pm EST start time)

@ Brainjuice, not quoting cause itll break my phone lmao. But thnak you for the donation, it will really help us with the series

Edited by Archinix

Hello everyone, i decided to cancel all my upcoming events so i can help you guys out with donations. I've decided to donate at least 1m each month to this because I would love to see this actually happen. Many members wanted the "Masters Series" back, and i'm glad you guys decided to bring it back to this community. I will try to help out as much as possible. I have this month's money to donate, I would like Jay to PM me in the forums or whisper me in game once he get's the chance. 

I wish you guys the best of luck!

I won't complain for the first one but overall can the time zone be at least a little bit suitable for Europeans? The one we're having now starts 1 AM for me and not even a weekend so I'd hope for the future it could be preferably more like on a weekend and maybe slightly earlier even though I do realize it's impossible to make everyone happy.

Anyways, our fellow Maniacs are informed about this and let's see.. we're discussing at the moment and looks like we're looking forward to participate of the donations and hosting of this thing.

It's the first time I thought about this honestly, and I live in the UK.

I'll be streaming each Tournament, so if anyone has to go (Spectator), I can save the broadcasts and post them.

The only downside is that I can only get footage for one semi-final from the first move.

Edited by Inarin

Look what I found.

1r1sD8t.gif

Would you guys like these used in first place prize as well?

Yes, but a different sig in general to avoid confusion with the classic Master's event which was "official". Honestly, I'm going to take more pride in my "official" master's sig than this one, and I wouldn't want some random having the same sig as me for winning an unofficial. Sounds harsh, but true.

Now as for this idea, fucking brilliant. I'll chat with the LYLE guys about hosting one of these, but heads up, we are fucking broke as jokes and the guys with money likely won't wanna chip in much. I'll be in touch for something later in the year, like Summer time or so.

EDIT: worried the mods might not go for a master's series now since you guys are doing this. fingers crossed for both.  

Edited by DoubleJ

Yes, but a different sig in general to avoid confusion with the classic Master's event which was "official". Honestly, I'm going to take more pride in my "official" master's sig than this one, and I wouldn't want some random having the same sig as me for winning an unofficial. Sounds harsh, but true.

Now as for this idea, fucking brilliant. I'll chat with the LYLE guys about hosting one of these, but heads up, we are fucking broke as jokes and the guys with money likely won't wanna chip in much. I'll be in touch for something later in the year, like Summer time or so.  

I can make something simple for sigs if needed, which wouldn't look anything like the Official ones.

EDIT: worried the mods might not go for a master's series now since you guys are doing this. fingers crossed for both.

Was really hoping on your (and other Original Masters Winners) on it, and with that I'll say that I will look into different sigs. Thanke JJ C:

Could always ask Emreeh, she made lots of tournament sigs for me.

She has been pretty bisy with school as of late, or I would.

Personally agreed.

All of which I spoke with on the subject said they "Would not be interested in hosting a Master's series until 'The Meta is stable'"

[ktlu} Ktulu is willing to fully sponsor this event with 5 mil donations at the end of each month. Im prepared to hand jay 10 mil right now for jan and feb but he has to accept my friend request, I cant find him ingame through any other reasonable method and he rejected my first request.. Any way we are a new team hoping to hit the competetive scene and are event budget is large. I hope this tournament succeeds to make the way for new ones.

Sorry about that m8, the game has it set up in a way that if I am typing to someone in-game, it rejects all trade, friend, and sometimes duel requests.

You should try whispering me in game or on forums as an alternative if this were to ever occur in the future.

I will whisper you in-game now.

Its no problem, I've been there. When you finish a sentence in the chat it automatically deselects your interace from chat if your otherwise engaged. It doesn't take priority when it should. Something to be added to the suggestion box i guess.

Edited by Smithlite86