Cutoff percentage and Preliminary UU Tier

It was only one sentence, so not really a "decent part of the OP". Nevertheless you answered my question in a passive sort of way. You're very good at your job and continue to look like a champ to the community.

I thought it was more, but I was probably thinking of the other thread.

Also, can't tell if sarcasm.

What about those pokemon that are now above the 4.36% usage in OU? Lanturn and Houndoom, specifically?

When we have OU usage stats of 2 months we will review those cases again and use the same mathematical formula as before to check whether they are OU.

That is how healthy usage stats look like. Learn from them, OU.

Something something these usage stats are from a UU tournament right after like 7 pokemon were banned, so people haven't figured out/made the strongest pokemon yet, so the usage stats look much more balanced than they actually are, something something all early metagames have very spread out usage, something something ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Now known as the Total UU Usage spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j623NOeB4f2JMHPky9xSXXlpNSsINJgLNFbJFThnZ1Q/edit?usp=sharing

If anybody is interested in the first tournaments usage, contact me.

At some point in the near future we will create a thread to better organize this in order to document usage more efficiently and accessibly.

Now known as the Total UU Usage spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j623NOeB4f2JMHPky9xSXXlpNSsINJgLNFbJFThnZ1Q/edit?usp=sharing

If anybody is interested in the first tournaments usage, contact me.

At some point in the near future we will create a thread to better organize this in order to document usage more efficiently and accessibly.

Just a thought, but will usage statistics be reset when the tier itself gets reset every two months? This might help over time considering some things that are highly used for 2 months will never be comparable to something that was highly used for 6 months but fell off in usage over a period of time. 

Just a thought, but will usage statistics be reset when the tier itself gets reset every two months? This might help over time considering some things that are highly used for 2 months will never be comparable to something that was highly used for 6 months but fell off in usage over a period of time. 

Honestly I doubt it. It would be more prone to radical changes every 2 months, as such wouldn't create a definitive tier. If anything is highly used for a period of time, it would take a lot of effort to get it under the cutoff line.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so new usage statistics have came out after two months of an established UU tier (almost). With this in mind we are looking at the following changes for UU, correct?

Sceptile and Blaziken moved down (<4.36% usage in OU) / None moved up.

In my opinion both Blaziken and Sceptile can be exceptional in UU as wall breakers, fundamentally stopping any combinations of a Bulky Water + Steel Type + Grass-Type. Their coverage is impressive with a powerful STAB + Thunderpunch. Both also pack priority and set-up via Swords Dance. They could potentially become a problem though considering that very coverage. I would suggest the UU council think long and hard about letting these guys stay or if they should get the instant-boot. 

Blaziken is to me the scarier of the two. Swords Dance + STAB Superpower + Thunderpunch + STAB Blazekick is impressive with that base 120 Attack. It can even run mixed with a very dangerous 110 Base Special Attack. It also resides in that unique UU speed tier that walls can't touch. Off the top of my head I don't really see anything outside of Claydol that can handle this beast reliably and even then STAB Blazekick is going to hurt.

Sceptile can be stopped by fellow Grass-types that carry HP Fire or Ice, but outside of this I don't see much. It's speed and special attack stat are incredible and it can even run SubSeed to really get in your way. 

I don't know what to think about these two being in our UU, but I would definitely appreciate some discussion. Some food for though: Smogon labels both as BL in Gen 3 while UU in Gen 4. 

Edited by DoubleJ

Ok so new usage statistics have came out after two months of an established UU tier (almost). With this in mind we are looking at the following changes for UU, correct?

Sceptile and Blaziken moved down (<4.36% usage in OU) / None moved up.

In my opinion both Blaziken and Sceptile can be exceptional in UU as wall breakers, fundamentally stopping any combinations of a Bulky Water + Steel Type + Grass-Type. Their coverage is impressive with a powerful STAB + Thunderpunch. Both also pack priority and set-up via Swords Dance. They could potentially become a problem though considering that very coverage. I would suggest the UU council think long and hard about letting these guys stay or if they should get the instant-boot. 

Blaziken is to me the scarier of the two. Swords Dance + STAB Superpower + Thunderpunch + STAB Blazekick is impressive with that base 120 Attack. It can even run mixed with a very dangerous 110 Base Special Attack. It also resides in that unique UU speed tier that walls can't touch. Off the top of my head I don't really see anything outside of Claydol that can handle this beast reliably and even then STAB Blazekick is going to hurt.

Sceptile can be stopped by fellow Grass-types that carry HP Fire or Ice, but outside of this I don't see much. It's speed and special attack stat are incredible and it can even run SubSeed to really get in your way. 

I don't know what to think about these two being in our UU, but I would definitely appreciate some discussion. Some food for though: Smogon labels both as BL in Gen 3 while UU in Gen 4.

You forgot Medicham. Probably other stuff too but medi was the most obvious off the top of my head

Ah I see, the list extends beyond what is shown. When do you think these changes will be implemented?

EDIT: Asking only because of the upcoming UU tournament. I, and the community, may need to think about different teams to prepare for. 

Edited by DoubleJ

Ah I see, the list extends beyond what is shown. When do you think these changes will be implemented?

EDIT: Asking only because of the upcoming UU tournament. I, and the community, may need to think about different teams to prepare for. 

iirc, the 17th is the exact 2 month mark, though I dk if that's what they'll use.

Damn, new UU pokes. The possibilities are unl1mited

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.