Cutoff percentage and Preliminary UU Tier

Originally posted on the breloom thread:

Regarding people's constant criticism of the UU tier so far, I think it's a little hypocritical. The same people who have been impatiently waiting and yearning for a UU tier since January are suddenly critical of the hastiness with which it was thrown together. Personally, I fall in the first group - I've been impatiently waiting for the tier since january, and now that it's here, I'm excited to be a part of shaping the tier that I love so much - no matter how much work it needs. If you guys are worried about training comps that may end up getting banned, well, deal with it. That's a risk you run in a constantly evolving metagame, and avoiding that risk is selfish imo.

Regarding people's constant criticism of the UU tier so far, I think it's a little hypocritical. The same people who have been impatiently waiting and yearning for a UU tier since January are suddenly critical of the hastiness with which it was thrown together. Personally, I fall in the first group - I've been impatiently waiting for the tier since january, and now that it's here, I'm excited to be a part of shaping the tier that I love so much - no matter how much work it needs. If you guys are worried about training comps that may end up getting banned, well, deal with it. That's a risk you run in a constantly evolving metagame, and avoiding that risk is selfish imo.

To add to this any godly poke you breed will turn into a godly breeder after its banned if its male. So its not like all is loss when ur poke gets banned.

somebody make me a team that uses my slowking, i don't care if you think it sucks, maybe I want to lose

cm slwoking

leftovers

252 hp/def bold/relaxed(if you are poor)

calm mind

slak off

2 off surf/psychic/flamethrower/ice beam

curseking

leftovers

252 hp/spdef careful/sassy

curse

slakoff

EQ

waterfall / EQ

bslam / ice punch

You're a uguu Bro

leftovers

any + def/spdef nat

252 hp split defs

iron defense (pp maxed)

amnesia (pp maxed)

rest (pp maxed)

slak off

also i would like to point out that many of the things that may or may not get banned from UU are still viable in UU thou thats not always the case. belly char/poliwrath for instance can sweep most teams if they can set up in UU and OU. machamp still is a huge threat to skammory/bliss/snor/ect... in OU if and when we ban him there. ect....

the argument "why should i train something that might get banned" only works if the pokemon is useless in a higher teir which for most of the things we are considering is not the case.

EDIT:oh yea. also they can still be used as breeders if nothing else. +1 cody

Edited by fredrichnietze

cm slwoking
leftovers
252 hp/def bold/relaxed(if you are poor)
calm mind
slak off
2 off surf/psychic/flamethrower/ice beam

curseking
leftovers
252 hp/spdef careful/sassy
curse
slakoff
EQ
waterfall / EQ
bslam / ice punch

You're a uguu Bro
leftovers
any + def/spdef nat
252 hp split defs
iron defense (pp maxed)
amnesia (pp maxed)
rest (pp maxed)
slak off

also i would like to point out that many of the things that may or may not get banned from UU are still viable in UU thou thats not always the case. belly char/poliwrath for instance can sweep most teams if they can set up in UU and OU. machamp still is a huge threat to skammory/bliss/snor/ect... in OU if and when we ban him there. ect....

the argument "why should i train something that might get banned" only works if the pokemon is useless in a higher teir which for most of the things we are considering is not the case.

EDIT:oh yea. also they can still be used as breeders if nothing else. +1 cody

Until you forgot your losing money on the breeders you previously wasted to create that one. So technically your still losing money.

Until you forgot your losing money on the breeders you previously wasted to create that one. So technically your still losing money.

You would spend that money anyway. If i bred machamp for UU and he got baned then i needed medicham for OU i could use that machamp for a breeder. If i dont want to do that then i would have to breed something that looks simular to that machamp thus spending money anyway.

Thank you council, you just broke the UU tier

UU current state will probably (I hope) change to a more balanced meta, right now hyper offense is waaay better than balanced/stall teambuild, plus got the previous best physical tank (cloyster and foretress) locked in OUn leaving the UU with Galie as the lone "viable" spiker

UU will need a lot of bans to be as balanced as it was previously

Edited by MisterHide

Thank you council, you just broke the UU tier

UU was just created - you can't break something that doesn't exist.

The current UU is based on irrelevant usage statistics and has almost no bans - give it a couple of months, and the tier might start to look like something playable.

Edited by PandaJJ
  • 2 weeks later...

The answer to your question is a decent part of the OP.

It was only one sentence, so not really a "decent part of the OP". Nevertheless you answered my question in a passive sort of way. You're very good at your job and continue to look like a champ to the community. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.