Nature: Jolly

Ability: Huge Power

EVs: 252ATK+252SPE

Moves:

- Waterfall

- Return

- Belly Drum

- Substitute / Endure

Azumarill has a literally huge ability and a huge attack stat. When boosted by CB, Azumarill is an extremely strong attacked which has access to a nice stab, and superb coverage. Azumarill has mediocre speed and decent bulk. It has a nice amount off opportunities to come and destroy. Due to the move split, a lot of Azumarills counters have become checks. It is a huge physical presence, similiar to that of Crawdaunt. I'd like to discuss it moving to BL. (as a request)

Discuss moving to BL.

Edited by DrCraig

it's awfully hard to switch in on an azumarill. stab waterfall hurts like fuck. amazing coverage aswell, superpower/icepunch/de/waterfall un-limited coverage.

EDIT: why the FUCK is un-limited filtered

Edited by Toast

it's awfully hard to switch in on an azumarill. stab waterfall hurts like fuck. amazing coverage aswell, superpower/icepunch/de/waterfall un-limited coverage.

EDIT: why the FUCK is un-limited filtered

Because of some shitty pokemon game that somebody spammed.

I like how it doesn't matter when they're made.

It stretches the tier council and the community thin. What is really ban worthy? What should be banned right now? I mean espeon outclasses Alakazam, both threads are up, one longer than the other but nothing has been done. You've gotten little response from the uu council on any of them as well.

Do it piece by piece not all at once brudda man, otherwise things might get banned that could actually fit. Edited by DoubleJ

It stretches the tier council and the community thin. What is really ban worthy? What should be banned right now? I mean espeon outclasses Alakazam, both threads are up, one longer than the other but nothing has been done. You've gotten little response from the uu council on any of them as well.

Do it piece by piece not all at once brudda man, otherwise things might get banned that could actually fit.

Just because they were posted doesn't mean they have to be replied to. The meta is still new, they can sit there and collect dust for all I care until discussion kicks up.

Craig just wants attention

I kinda agree with JJ, although it doesn't hurt to have the threads up it does make the metagame discussion kind of confusing. I think incremental bans are the way to go because some of the supposedly broken pokes aren't even seen much use given how big the current UU tier is. Nontheless, it's not a bad idea to have discusssions going early, it helps players get a grasp for what's going on in the tier. Just because there's a thread doesn't mean that there's even support for something to be banned, it could just be a mechanism for looking at how a pokemon functions in its tier.

Edited by Robofiend
  • 2 weeks later...

Are there any real walls for this thing? Because each time I make a team and come up against this thing, I need to rely on predicting well. Otherwise cband waterfall/dedge/superpower pretty much reks most teams. Would like to hear some opinions as to how this poke can be dealt with

Are there any real walls for this thing? Because each time I make a team and come up against this thing, I need to rely on predicting well. Otherwise cband waterfall/dedge/superpower pretty much reks most teams. Would like to hear some opinions as to how this poke can be dealt with

I think Azum is placed under the "Use predictions because CB" category, but I would like to see calcs. I doubt there is a safe switch. Maybe Slowking can take the normal moves?

The thing about Azumaril is that yes, it hits hard, and yes, it involves prediction.

However, its speed is not so high, and many things can punish it. What survives an Azumarill hit can retaliate and make Azu almost useless, at low hp. This water mouse has answers left and right: Poliwrath resists and heavily punishes Waterfall + Ice Punch. Cradily Resists Double Edge+Waterfall. Quagsire is a safe switch regardless. Slowking resists Waterfall/Ice Punch/Superpower, while Haunter sets up a sub nicely on a banded Double Edge. And let's not forget Double Edge self inflicts damage too. So as tough as Azumarill is, it can get walled pretty hard, and is threatened by many UUs that outspeed it. If it does not run the band, more pokemon will be able to wall it, like Exeggutor, Blastoise, and other inferior walls.

No reliable recovery, no setting up except Belly Drum, which is pretty much a waste without priority. I think Azumarill is a threat and it is definitely powerful, but not a banworthy.

Edited by OldKeith

The thing about Azumaril is that yes, it hits hard, and yes, it involves prediction.

However, its speed is not so high, and many things can punish it. What survives an Azumarill hit can retaliate and make Azu almost useless, at low hp. This water mouse has answers left and right: Poliwrath resists and heavily punishes Waterfall + Ice Punch. Cradily Resists Double Edge+Waterfall. Quagsire is a safe switch regardless. Slowking resists Waterfall/Ice Punch/Superpower, while Gengar sets up a sub nicely on a banded Double Edge. And let's not forget Double Edge self inflicts damage too. So as tough as Azumarill is, it can get walled pretty hard, and is threatened by many UUs that outspeed it. If it does not run the band, more pokemon will be able to wall it, like Exeggutor, Blastoise, and other inferior walls.

No reliable recovery, no setting up except Belly Drum, which is pretty much a waste without priority. I think Azumarill is a threat and it is definitely powerful, but not a banworthy.

Well said. Sadly, cradily doesn't resist waterfall though (storm drain would be very nice)

However, its speed is not so high, and many things can punish it. What survives an Azumarill hit can retaliate and make Azu almost useless, at low hp. This water mouse has answers left and right: Poliwrath resists and heavily punishes Waterfall + Ice Punch. Cradily Resists Double Edge+Waterfall. Quagsire is a safe switch regardless. Slowking resists Waterfall/Ice Punch/Superpower, while Gengar sets up a sub nicely on a banded Double Edge. And let's not forget Double Edge self inflicts damage too. So as tough as Azumarill is, it can get walled pretty hard, and is threatened by many UUs that outspeed it. If it does not run the band, more pokemon will be able to wall it, like Exeggutor, Blastoise, and other inferior walls.

wrong tier

• 4 weeks later...

The UU Council finds that Azumarill currently does not meet the criteria for being banned to BL (OU).

So this means that for now, Azumarill will stay in the UU tier.

In the future, when the UU tier has seen some changes, this pokemon may be discussed some more.

On that note I'll be locking this thread and putting it in the Competition Archive.

• Munya pinned this topic