Design your own Pokeball (1st August - 15th August)

Left one: 
Frustration ball

Background: Frustation seems to be useless at the end game, it is even worse if you do compare with Return. This pokeball might(yena) change it.
Description
: a pokeball that works better in the night. 
Catch rate:  2.0x at night (game time 22:01~06:59). 0.5x at morning (game time 07:00~21:59).
Secondary effect: by giving this pokeball to the Day-care man, your pokemon egg hatching will take 5% longer. It also will never get any happiness.  
Price: 50 battle points.

Middle one:
Breeze ball:

Background: some pokemon are always running away. Now with tropius-based-looking you do have a better chance to catch them before they go.
Description
: a pokeball that works better against a pokemon that may run out.
Catch rate: 3.5x if the foe have any fleeing move or abilites (whirlwind, teleport, running away and others). 1x otherwise.
Price: $2500 in Verdantuff town/Fortree city.

Right one:
Breeder ball:

Background: there are many people breeding inumerous pokemons around pokeMMO. They should gift their pokemon with some cute-togepi-looking pokeball.
Description
: a pokeball that works better at morning.
Catch rate:  1.5x at morning (game time 07:00~21:59). 0.75x at night (game time 22:01~06:59)
Secondaryc effect: by giving this pokeball to the Day-care man, your pokémon will hatch 5% faster. (It does stack with donator status).
Price
: 50 battle points.

IGN: Mihren

Edit: without time to do a better version. =(
gWh1TZ4.jpg

Edited by Mihren

My entry

IGN:Redav

[spoiler]

Deliball

deliball.jpg

This ball has a 3x catch rate if it is used against a wild pokemon holding an item. Otherwise it`s catch rateis equal to a regular pokeball.
If you like to use trick instead of thief to farm some items without caring about the 5 level rule and gettting a good breeder in the process, this is your ball. It will come in handy some thought pokemon like Relicanth, or certain pokemon who love to explode (geodude/graveler mostly). The desing its based on certain Santa pokemon because it always has something for everybodyso this ball is in some way like a present to yourself. It can also be used as wrap paper to give gifts to your friends.
Price: $1000  Sell back: 500$
Side effects: none
Where would you find it: Two Island Market Stall/ Maybe as a prize at some holiday event.

X-ball:

xball.jpg

This ball has a 3x catch rate if its used against any unkown gender pokemon, otherwise it`s 1x
This ball originally was thought as a cheaper alternative to ultraball to catch dittos, but instead of stopping there I thought it would be nice to extend it to other uknown, most of them artificial, like magnemite, magneton, beldum, which explain it´s desing and it´s name, X for both mystery and eXtraordinary.

Price: $1000 Selling back: 500$
Where to get it: Celadon/ Lilycove Dept Store

Psychoball

psicoball.jpg

Any pokemon caught with this ball has a chance of 1:6000 of turning into a shiny pokemon if it is not already. The effect its the same if it is used to hold a newborn pokemon.
Catch rate: 1x
Side effect: Initial happiness is cut by half, however it will keep it`s normal growing rate.
The explanation of this is  because of the psyuguulic technology of the pokeball, which tries to unleash the pokemon hidden potential, getting it dizzy and annoyed in the process.

You can see this ball as a lottery ticket, improving your chances to get a pokemon shiny a bit closer by paying some money and some initial happiness, and even if  your pokemon stay the same you will keep them with style.

Price: $2000/50Bp Selling Back: $1000
Where to get it: Slateport City Market from an NPC, Two Island Market Stall NPC/Battle Tower 

[/spoiler]

IGN: TheLazyNewb

Entry no. 1:

KMhE6T6.jpg?1
Rarity Ball

Catch rate: 1.75x if the wild Pokemon has an encounter rate of 5% or less; 1x otherwise
Price and Location: Buy it from a certain mrchant at a certain Two Island Market Stall for only $800!
Background: Using similar technology used by Prof. Oak in his special Poke Balls to catch those starters, the Rarity Ball is a ball that will guarantee you a higher chance of catching super-rare Pokemon, compared to the normal Poke Ball. Its the most efficient ball for those Rare Pokemon Hunters who are short on cash!
Primary Function: A ball used to catch Pokemon. Works better when used at a rare Pokemon.
Secondary Function: None. Possibly used for aesthetics

Entry no. 2:

zjFkBso.jpg?1
Dou Ball

Catch rate: 2x if the wild Pokemon is a dual-type; 1x if it is a monotype
Price and Location: Might be found at Saffron Poke Mart for $1000. Maybe.
Background: Are you having a hard time catching pokemon who seems to have many immunities? Look no further, for the Dou Ball is here! With secret Poke Tech developed by Devon Corp., The Dou Ball acts as if there's a Poke Ball within a Poke Ball, giving it twice the chance to catch those pesky Pokemon!
Primary Function: A ball used to catch Pokemon. Works better when used at a dual-type Pokemon
Secondary Function: None. Possibly used for aesthetics

Entry no. 3:

mpAipfw.jpg?1
Lag Ball

Catch rate: 2.5x if the ping exceeds 600ms; 1x if it is below 600ms.
Price and Location: Buy it from the Game Freak Lead Developer at Celadon Condominiums for $1500!
Background: A ball that breaks the fourth wall, the Lag Ball will make sure that all your lag-related problems will be worth it in the end. Be sure to throw it at the right time, though. The Lag Ball is as unpredictable as lag itself! Note: It has a special sensor that could detect if you are intentionally creating lag, and as such, will perform worse if that were the case. 

Primary Function: A ball used to catch Pokemon. Works better when you are lagging like as if you are stop-dancing everywhere you go.
Secondary Function: Measures your ping. A slow beep shows that there is little to no lag, while rapid beeping indicates a severe lag spike.

The purpose of these three balls is to create a somewhat cheaper alternative to Ultra Balls/Great Balls when focusing on certain objectives (e.g., Rarity Ball when starter hunting or Eevee hunting, Dou Ball when hunting for breeders, Lag Ball when faced with a sudden lag spike). Therefore, using these balls on Pokemon that the balls were not designed for or when ill-timed could result in loads of wasted cash.

Special mention to Socku for all the help! :3

EDIT: Just learned how to insert images properly..lol
Edited by TheForumNewb

Hello everyone! Im so happy to see these sort of contests. I did my best using photoshop and illustrator trying different styles. that was fun :D I did this with the help of Sexionalist who gave me ideas and helped me a lot :) Hope you will like it :) (IGN is Kiirakira)

( EDIT: Just saw someone had the idea of the genderball, I want to say I didnt steal the idea, bad coincidence :( )

5ntLxEp.jpg

Wisdom ball 

The wisdom Ball - A pokeball with a mystical power, unlike the Masterball, this pokeball shares a unique resemblance to it, the master ball with a 100% catch rate, this pokeball only has a 1% catch rate, with its special power the pokeball has the power to confirm the 3 highest ivs on the pokemon once caught, even though this is a great power, having the reverse effect of a master ball, it may be difficult to catch pokemon with a lower catch rate. 

This pokeball with all its wisdom can only be bought from professor Oak in Pallet town for the price of 1500 Pokeyens.

nYo1I66.jpg

Gender Ball

This special ball gives you the option to pick the gender you want your pokemon to be.

The blue pokeball (male sign) can be used to catch a pokemon and when caught the pokemon will be transfered to male, The pink pokeball (female sign) can be used to catch a pokemon and it will be turned female.

This pokeball is meant for trainers who are looking for breeders or for a good female pokemon base.

This pokeball has a 0% catch rate on genderless pokemon, but for the pokeballs catch rate itself it will match the catch rate of a regular pokeball .

These pokeballs can be sold for 2000 pokeyens each and are only available in the hoenn region sold by the merchants in slateport city after the completion oh the Elite 4

mhmxOlS.jpg

Psy Ball

The psy Ball – A pokeball showing what seems like clouds of smoke  which as been first found on Mt. Pier . Some people tried to describe its beauty to others but lost their mind trying to. It went forgotten for a long time because of rumors it was cursed. It reappeared one day in the hands of a newcomer wanting to catch foe abras.

It seems to catch easily psychic-type pokemons.

Try it with caution.

It can only be found on Mt. Pier with a special object.

« Use the force, Harry – Saruman 2012 »

Edited by potalamoi

Hello everyone! Im so happy to see these sort of contests. I did my best using photoshop and illustrator trying different styles. that was fun :D I did this with the help of Sexionalist who gave me ideas and helped me a lot :) Hope you will like it :) (IGN is Kiirakira)

( EDIT: Just saw someone had the idea of the genderball, I want to say I didnt steal the idea, bad coincidence :( )

5ntLxEp.jpg

Wisdom ball 

The wisdom Ball - A pokeball with a mystical power, unlike the Masterball, this pokeball shares a unique resemblance to it, the master ball with a 100% catch rate, this pokeball only has a 1% catch rate, with its special power the pokeball has the power to confirm the 3 highest ivs on the pokemon once caught, even though this is a great power, having the reverse effect of a master ball, it may be difficult to catch pokemon with a lower catch rate. 

This pokeball with all its wisdom can only be bought from professor Oak in Pallet town for the price of 1500 Pokeyens.

nYo1I66.jpg

Gender Ball

This special ball gives you the option to pick the gender you want your pokemon to be.

The blue pokeball (male sign) can be used to catch a pokemon and when caught the pokemon will be transfered to male, The pink pokeball (female sign) can be used to catch a pokemon and it will be turned female.

This pokeball is meant for trainers who are looking for breeders or for a good female pokemon base.

This pokeball has a 0% catch rate on genderless pokemon, but for the pokeballs catch rate itself it will match the catch rate of a regular pokeball .

These pokeballs can be sold for 2000 pokeyens each and are only available in the hoenn region sold by the merchants in slateport city after the completion oh the Elite 4

mhmxOlS.jpg

Psy Ball

The psy Ball – A pokeball showing what seems like clouds of smoke  which as been first found on Mt. Pier . Some people tried to describe its beauty to others but lost their mind trying to. It went forgotten for a long time because of rumors it was cursed. It reappeared one day in the hands of a newcomer wanting to catch foe abras.

It seems to catch easily psychic-type pokemons.

Try it with caution.

It can only be found on Mt. Pier with a special object.

« Use the force, Harry – Saruman 2012 »

with the gender balls, i was thinking of doing something like that, but yours do look alot better!! Good luck, and i wouldn't copying, just geat minds think alike!!

with the gender balls, i was thinking of doing something like that, but yours do look alot better!! Good luck, and i wouldn't copying, just geat minds think alike!!

Totally with you on that one! xD  ( still tho...    ;_;  )

Lets leave that to the staff, besides my idea of a genderless ball ( which i like calling "GL Ball") is a bit different. You'rs focuses on wild catching where as mine a trying to solve the genderless pokemon breeding and the "grind". My idea is to start with a 1x31 beldum, catch a adamant/brave pokemon(e.g feild) then catch another feild 1x31, breed the two feilds, and then when the old man asks for a ball to hold the egg in, if you give him the GL ball, your pokemon will server as a ditto for that beldum(or tauros,chansey,tyroge,solrock etc.). but, comes with a small set back, that pokemon inside the ball can not then breed with other egg groups. only genderless, or 100% (fe)male pokemon so the pokemon doesnt become too OP.
guess what i'am saying here is.. : Just chill lad.

IGN: FuzzyRegirock

Entry 1:

Name: Hate ball

AppearanceAK7HCte.png

Functions: Has a 2x better chance to catch sinister/evil Pokemon

Price: 500 Pokeyen

Where its sold: All Pokemarts after acquiring the third gym badge. 

Purpose: Have you ever come across that Pokemon that you absolutely despise and want to make suffer while it rots in your pc box? Well now you can! Introducing the Hate ball! This pokeball is very uncomfortable and daunting to most Pokemon species. If you are not into making your Pokemon suffer, use this ball to catch sinister/evil Pokemon such as Houndoom or Duskull. They will appreciate this evil Pokeball and obey your every command.

Entry 2: Soon to come

Entry 3: Soon to come

Edited by FuzzyRegirock

IGN: zorghy

Character in game: ZorghyH

Images on links.

http://imgur.com/gallery/qZMsAg7

Rocket ball: inspired on Rocket symbol of the team Rocket of the last generations in pokemon, with design based in the hair color of Jassie and James.
functions: to catch NPC's pokemons.
price: $7.500
catch rate: 5% without the complete Rocket uniform, 40% using only Rocket clothes, 80% using Rocket clothes and Rocket hat.
purpose of the ball: Use to capture NPC's pokemons to the Rocket Boss.
where it should be sold: buy in the house of the team Rocket in Celadon, on side of the restaurant.

Genetic ball: inspired in the genetic characters, with the starter pokemon color design.
functions: to catch Pokemon with a minimum of 1x31 IV confirmed.
price: $1500
catch rate: the same of the simple pokeball.
purpose of the ball: Use to capture pokemon with 1x31 IV to breed more easily.
where it should be sold: On the lobby of the Silph Co. on Kanto and Devon Co. on Hoen.

Drop ball: inspired on Delibird by your move present, with the base colors of it.
functions: To catch pokemon with dropped item.
price: $1500
catch rate: the same of the simple pokeball.
purpose of the ball: if the pokemon may have a dropped item, this ball can catch it with 60% of rate to have this item.
where it should be sold: on the big market of the Celadon on Kanto and Lilycove on Hoen.

IGN : ItzJOSH

Introducing the....

[spoiler]

VALOR BALL YYkfr82.png?1

h86Q5Sz.png?1

FUNCTION

As the name suggests, the valor ball's function is to catch pokemon that show the most courage and perseverance in battle! 

How is this calculated? The valor balls chance of catching a pokemon increases the more a wild pokemon has been damaged by your attack(s).

The stats of a valor ball are calculated using this formula:

((number of hits in battle + 10) / 10)×, 

Max is 30 hits which would be a 4x catch rate. (the same rate as a quick ball on the first turn or timer ball after 30 turns for example)

This gives moves that hit multiple times like fury attack, pin missile or rock blast a lot of use in conjunction with this ball.

PRICE

The price for this vibrant ball would be a modest 1000 pokeyen

LOCATION TO PURCHASE

The location to buy these type of balls are the hotspots of both regions. Vermilion city in Kanto and Mauville city in Hoenn.

Both these places are fairly early in the game allowing the balls to be of great use to players early game.

Purpose

I wanted to create a ball that has a use to players no matter what stage of the game they are in. Whether it is early or post game this ball can be effective.

I also wanted it to be very creative but also fit right at home with the other existing pokeballs.

Finally, i wanted a ball that is aesthetically pleasing. Has anyone noticed there isn't an ORANGE ball in any pokemon game?

Well now there is!

YYkfr82.png?1

[/spoiler]

Edited by ItzJ0sh8

IGN: Platoons

Shout out to all my meat heads for this one

[spoiler]

FPRYPMC.jpg

The Swoll Ball!

Function: The function of this ball is to be used whenever catching larger pokemon. Whales, Snorlax, Metagross, etc.

Price: 500 Yen per ball

Purpose: The purpose of this ball is to give you that extra boost that everyone is looking for when trying to hit their goals.

If you're not hitting those gains via gym, at least you can get them via game.

[/spoiler]

I might make more of these before the due date if i get an ideas before then :P
Name: Shiny Ball
IGN: NoSkillsNeeded
(p.s. when i was scrolling down to post this i saw someone else made a ball called the shiny ball but its a diffrent description, i was not trying to copy them in any way)
Description: This pokeball idea came from players always struggling to get a shiny from the wild. It takes up time and money. With this, whatever pokemon you catch gets turned into a shiny. I know, this may seem over powered, but you only get one. It has a  
95% catch rate, and the sprite was based off the star you see next to a shiny pokemon's name. You get this ball from beating
Giovanni at Silph Co. and when the owner sais he wants to give you something for saving him, he will give you the shiny ball.
Butt then where would you get a masterball you may ask, well you get one from beating the champion and he gives you one for
winning.

I hope you like this idea :)
Edited by NoSkillsNeeded

IGN CapedCrusader

[Spoiler] My artwork is very bad. Hence they are in SPOILERS. Get it? no?[/Spoiler]

Entry 1:

Name: Legendary Ball

Concept: Remember how hard it was to catch legendaries? You had to shell out 20+ ultra balls with 2+ timer balls to catch em! Well this makes catching them easier.

Description: Ancient pokeball rumoured to be able to catch legendaries.

Catch Rate: 1xNormal Pokemon ; 3.0xLegendaries 

Price: N/A

Location: Found in hidden places like Team Rocket Hideout, Victory Road, and lairs of legendaries. (Depending on number of legendaries)

[spoiler]Bad color combinations cause i am colorblind :(

Qx7RpWp.png[/spoiler]

Entry 2:

Name: Amorphous Ball

Concept: Catching ghosts is bit trickier since you cant False Swipe them. This ball eases the process.

Description: Allows players to catch wild pokemon; works better if the pokemon is of GHOST type.

Catch Rate: 1xNormal Pokemon ; 3.0xGhost pokemon 

Price: 1000

Location: Hidden Power guy in Lavender Town. ( Since he is gonna be unemployed after update. )

[spoiler]The clouds on uppper side should have been Gastly's cloudy trail , but i am not artistic enough so...

3RXBjxU.png[/spoiler]

Entry 3: Heal Ball

Concept: Heals status effect after battle.

WIP  Gen 4 has this :(

Entry 3:

Name: Hate Ball

Concept: Return needs 100% friendship while Frustration needs 0% friendship to be at full power. SInce we trade pokes often, friendship gets reseted to 37%, it makes more sense to bring it down to 0% rather than 100%.(Anti-Luxury Ball)

Description:  Allows players to catch wild pokemon. Decreases friendship,

Effect: Friendship reduces by 1% every 512 steps.

Price: N/A

Location: Mystery Box; Hidden along with luxury ball in shipwreck.

[Spoiler] I wanted it to look like negative of Luxury Ball

5aYz4kO.png[/Spoiler]

Edited by Batman

ING: Borizom

wQIgr8M.jpg

Entry1:
Name: Ditto Ball
Concept: In PokeMMO it is important to get Dittos for breeding. this Dittoball help catch Dittos.la Dittoball is something that Ultraball cheaper and more effective.
Description:Similar colors to Dittos, you can only capture Dittos
Catch Rate: x10 Ditto
Price: 0.5k

nRW4ZKA.jpg

Entry2:
Name: ShinyBall
Concept: pokeball exclusively for shiny Pokemon. with an action, the main colors are adapted to the ball. example: the picture shows Metagross Shiny inside.
Description:  the main colors are adapted to the ball
Catch Rate: x10 Pokemon Shiny
Price: 5000 Battle Points in Trainer Tower

zkO9FJ6.jpg

Entry3:
Name: EVBall
Concept: EV facilitates training for a pokemon
Descripction: EV multiplies points x2
Catch Rate: x1
Price: 5k in Pokemon Mart.

[spoiler]

FPRYPMC.jpg

The Swoll Ball!

Function: The function of this ball is to be used whenever catching larger pokemon. Whales, Snorlax, Metagross, etc.

Purpose: The purpose of this ball is to give you that extra boost that everyone is looking for when trying to hit their goals.

[/spoiler]

Nice, but #HeavyBall maybe?

[spoiler]

FPRYPMC.jpg

The Swoll Ball!

Purpose: The purpose of this ball is to give you that extra boost that everyone is looking for when trying to hit their goals.

[/spoiler]

Nice, but #HeavyBall maybe?

I think Heavy Ball modifies according to weight, while his modifies according to size