[Denied]Make Navel Island avaliable (since the devs plan on making Johto avaliable)

Look at this place:

a5ce91f70decfe0f5d563692df6e9fe0.png

(since the devs plan to make Johto, who cares about this island, so lets renovate this plot of land!)

Okay, now think about this, if we can make this place available to the public I would be happy. Look at the potential.

I can name a few suggestions that I would like to see in this epic area:

Option 1: Bring all the shard tutors to this one Island

Option 2: Make a Pokemon Center and then make this your new place for officials (no offence to Silph Co, but this place looks way cooler (outside the Pokemon Center). I mean if I am battling DoubleJ, I don't want to battle in some building, no, I want something epic! I am battling one of the executives of LYLE, at least give people an epic background).

Option 3: Make this a battle resort for all those people who got a successful streak of at least 25 trainers in the battle fronter. Program Scott to come to the player and give you the Aurura Ticket and then you can relax with big shots like Frags or OldKeith.

Option 4: We can build a skyscraper in the middle and make it sell all TMs that are available in the market and a Pokemon Center (so we can fly back and forth) on the first floor, make a tournament room on the second floor for officials, the third floor can sell berries like in saffron, and last but not least, on the fourth floor, bring all the shard tutors and battle point prize merchants there (since officials do volunteer battle points as a reward, I thought this might sound plausible). 

(Additional comment: You may want a Pokemon Center there so that way people can fly there or you can do option 4 and put a Pokemon Center in the comp skyscraper, also, you may want to remove all the rocks that impede our path, so we can go around the building or land if we want)

Either way, this is a plot of land that is programmed in our game, but we are not using it to its fullest potential. I would like the community and staff to respond to this suggestion. I would like to hear what each person has to say about my idea.

Edited by Bestfriends

Without Deoxys, this would be a pointless location and would only disappoint people thinking that they can battle/catch it. If Deoxys does become available someday and is placed here, we would likely have to take away existing Aurora Tickets, upsetting players in the process.

Without Deoxys, this would be a pointless location and would only disappoint people thinking that they can battle/catch it. If Deoxys does become available someday and is placed here, we would likely have to take away existing Aurora Tickets, upsetting players in the process.

(I am going to sound like a corporate executive for just a brief moment):

(Brief Sidenote: I changed my mind, now I want to go to Navel Island since the devs have a plan to make Johto available to us)

This plot of land is unused potiental that we as PokeMMO need. We need to industrialize this place by making one big business for the competitive man/woman, the man/woman who works hard. He or she needs a resort after all those tiring battles where he/she can relax. PokeMMO's performance would grow tremendously competitive (no pun intended). Here is an example of me suggesting this idea to the 5th best player of PokeMMO:

5f37d28a917ef803ba6c7f38ad22eb9d.png

Look at this potential, we can vitalize this area with the marketplace!

- No B#, Just Gaming

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Done with my corporate talk, now its time for casual talk. I think competitive players need a competitive place dedicated to them. Birth Island might be the answer. I don't think NPCs from the Battle frontier is the answer to a competitive sanctuary. In the comp world, we want to interact with others. Ask helpful questions and do practice battles in the back yard of this corporate building.

Edited by Bestfriends

I can't support this as it takes away core elements and turns them into something we already have (Shard Trainers, TM Vendors, Areas for Officials, ect). Also- as Rache already stated, what would happen if Deoxys were to be added. It's just useless confusion, love the enthusiasm though.

Done with my corporate talk, now its time for casual talk. I think competitive players need a competitive place dedicated to them. Birth Island might be the answer. I don't think NPCs from the Battle frontier is the answer to a competitive sanctuary. In the comp world, we want to interact with others. Ask helpful questions and do practice battles in the back yard of this corporate building.

We have the entirety of the Battle Frontier, Vermilion City, and places where official events are held such as Silph Co for this. Vermilion in particular sounds exactly like what you're describing here.

We have the entirety of the Battle Frontier, Vermilion City, and places where official events are held such as Silph Co for this. Vermilion in particular sounds exactly like what you're describing here.

No offence to Vermillion, but there are people with bulbasaurs, charmeleons, and squirtles who ask big competitive giants for a fight. Not that exciting...

Navel Island is where competitive experts can go and duel each other for a fair fight. Silph Co is where the master ball is, then we would like to forget about it. Its a building that is nice looking at, but for officals, I feel that we constantly run out of tables and some are forced to battle by the elevator. Why not make more tables and if the devs can, make chairs.

I saw Darkshade's comment, I think it would be better if we can make one epic "to go" place for officals like make this building epic instead of the battle frontier. To me, I think of the Battle fronter more like a carnival than a place to duel at. I would like to compete in a cool and epic place. There is excitement in a carnival, but I want something more epic.

[spoiler]Why I like to log off my Bestfriends account at the Battle Frontier is because I think of it as a carnival, so it excites me to go online in a carnival that never closes[/spoiler]

Edited by Bestfriends

We've also used the stages inside of the Lilycove Contest Hall for official events as well. We currently have Autumn League running there every week until November 1. Making this island available without Deoxys would only add confusion and disappointment if Deoxys is placed there. Players who had tickets from the PvP Birth Island would have them removed from their inventory so that all players would obtain the Aurora Ticket in the same way. To me this seems like a lot of extra work for something that is likely to be removed in the future.

We've also used the stages inside of the Lilycove Contest Hall for official events as well. We currently have Autumn League running there every week until November 1. Making this island available without Deoxys would only add confusion and disappointment if Deoxys is placed there. Players who had tickets from the PvP Birth Island would have them removed from their inventory so that all players would obtain the Aurora Ticket in the same way. To me this seems like a lot of extra work for something that is likely to be removed in the future.

Lilycove Contest Hall is more of a beauty salon for pokemon and NPCs. Its.... not very epic......

Navel Island is an epic place. I think we should at least have access to it (since the devs plan on making a Johto region). No need for him, we could even have the empty space to battle at (it can be a resort as stated in Option 3). Its a resort where there are no lv 5 bulbasaurs, squirtles, or charmeleons to knock out and besides, I would feel terrible ruining a day for a newb who had high hopes....

Edited by Bestfriends

I'm totaly agree with the concept of "making a place where all shards tutors / TM's sellers / tourneys area / Point prize merchants / Berries sellers are located" but I bet the devs are able to create an area especially for this purpose, it's not necessary to make it on the Birth Island, especially if the devs decide to include Deoxys in the game.

But this idea is totally approved by myself!

I'm totaly agree with the concept of "making a place where all shards tutors / TM's sellers / tourneys area / Point prize merchants / Berries sellers are located" but I bet the devs are able to create an area especially for this purpose, it's not necessary to make it on the Birth Island, especially if the devs decide to include Deoxys in the game.

But this idea is totally approved by myself!

I am looking at my comments, and I don't want to "fight" with the staff, I want to "work with" the staff's ideas. So, I do like your idea, so lets not make it Birth Island

eb07f0fe8491b2b99a526c9776c8806e.png

Lets make it Navel Rock

7c5332b723d451e7f61b426179dc19ec.png

I thought the devs are planning on implementing Johto in the near future, so who needs Navel rock anyways. Going to change suggestion now.

I am looking at my comments, and I don't want to "fight" with the staff, I want to "work with" the staff's ideas. So, I do like your idea, so lets not make it Birth Island

Lets make it Navel Rock

I thought the devs are planning on implementing Johto in the near future, so who needs Navel rock anyways. Going to change suggestion now.

If Lugia and Ho-Oh end up being implemented there in the future, Navel Rock has the same problem as Birth Island. Additionally, there is very little room to stand, so it would be 100% pointless.

If Lugia and Ho-Oh are implemented there in the future, Navel Rock has the same problem as Birth Island. Additionally, there is very little room to stand, so it would be 100% pointless.

Yeah, but the devs want to make Johto, so why not add Lugia and Ho-oh there? Also, if there is no room to stand, replace the cave with the comp skyscraper I was mentioning in Option 4 and remove all the rocks in the sand so that people can walk all the way around the property.

Edited by Bestfriends

What do you think about create a place for that? I'm sure devs can do it.

Devs are too busy to make places, however, they can use a pre-existing place that is not being used. I am still optimistic that Johto is coming out in the near future, so who needs Navel Rock since that is the place to catch Lugia and Ho-Oh which we will have access to in Johto.

Yes, but I am trying to point out the luxaries of a shiny trader. They have whatever they want. All they need is a place to "show off their toys" which is in Vermillion. Battle Frontier is like a carnival, not epic, but extremely fun. Vermillion is not a good fit for comp battles. Tell me that you enjoy knocking out innocent noobs who have a level 5 Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charmeleon with a straight face (I would feel terrible doing such a thing). Silph Co has a nice building to look at, but we keep running out of places to battle, so we are forced to battle by the elevator. Last, but not least, the Lilycove Contest Hall.... a bit.... like a hair salon........ not epic at all.....

I want a place that is not just fun like the Battle Frontier, but epic! I just feel like the competitive community are under-represent, and I want them to have a place to "pick on someone their own size, not an innocent noob."

Edited by Bestfriends

As Rachel pointed out, Navel Rock not only suffers from this same issue as Deoxys, but it also has no room to for a tournament to take place.

254px-Navel_Rock_E.png

It would be best to use existing places that players have access to rather than re-purposing places that players do not have access, then granting them access to these places just to host tournaments. Especially considering that the functionality of these places is likely to be added in the future, which would render all of this work useless.

Yeah i agree that the lilycove contest hall is a bit on the feminine side. It would be nice to have a gender nuetral feeling stadium of some sort that's actually meant for tournaments. Deoxys being implemented though is kinda on the added confusion side. It would just be another Pokemon to chase around like Mewtwo and Rayquaza. The tickets for getting there would also cause confusion to new players.

Yeah i agree that the lilycove contest hall is a bit on the feminine side. It would be nice to have a gender nuetral feeling stadium of some sort that's actually meant for tournaments. Deoxys being implemented though is kinda on the added confusion side. It would just be another Pokemon to chase around like Mewtwo and Rayquaza. The tickets for getting there would also cause confusion to new players.

Here is where I am coming from, I think Johto is going to be implemented, so what's the point of keeping Navel Rock preserved? We have Lugia and Ho-oh in Johto anyways, so what's the point? I think we need something more epic than what we have in the game right now like make the tournament room epic like (like the Battle rooms in the Battle Tower's texture).

Saw Xela's reponce: So why not do option 4? Make a skyscraper with a tournament room? Wouldn't that be more epic? It doesn't have to take place outside. And even better, have a special room or table for the final battle in the tournament room! (I could imagine what the room would look like...)

Edited by Bestfriends

Why re-purpose an area players have zero access to at this time for official tournaments when the functionality is very likely to be ripped out later so that actual functionality can be added? From a development perspective, that makes zero sense because that means time was devoted to add a temporary feature when it could have been used to add something that won't be ripped out later. Everything you've brought up from running out of tables at Silph Co. to the Lilycove Contest Hall being too girly are non-issues. Running out of space around the tables at Silph Co is a good thing because that means we are calling matches up at a rate that allows players to compete sooner, which decreases the time dedication of players at official events when they take place late at night for those in European timezones.

That being said, this suggestion will not be happening.