[UU Discussion] Slowking

To be fair, Slowking does a terrible job at actually killing Scizor unless it has Flamethrower, which is rare considering how good Psychic + Surf are. It just typically sits in its way until Scizor is able to kill it with CB Return. Your over dramatic quips aren't all that helpful btw.

If slowking doesn't even stop scizor, then how would you even justify scizor being in the tier

To be fair, Slowking does a terrible job at actually killing Scizor unless it has Flamethrower, which is rare considering how good Psychic + Surf are. It just typically sits in its way until Scizor is able to kill it with CB Return. Your over dramatic quips aren't all that helpful btw.

What 'counters' Scizor then? Can anything counter Scizor or is it actually forcing multiple walls to run HP Fire for no reason other than specifically countering Scizor? Surf/Psychic sounds like better coverage to me. I'd love to not have to run Psychic, Giga Drain, Hp Fire, Synthese on Exeg and be able to fit toxic or leech seed in there. Ice Beam Altaria, and the list goes on. I see Scizor putting too much pressure on team building because it's restricting fast offensive play and centralizing wall play. I don't know how you could deny Slowking being Scizor's optimal counter considering it renders all of its moves useless but 1.

edit:

Through a detailed suspect test once Slowking is banned. 

I don't like the idea that we just want to immediately toss Scizor out the door after Slowking goes, which it's not even guaranteed it will.

You're misinterpreting what I said. I said that Slowking has a tough time actually KILLING Scizor. It can tank Scizor hits incredibly well and just stall it out with Slack Off, but the thing is that because of this, Scizor has been relegated to a hit and run CB pokemon in our current meta. It does nothing more than switch in when it can, or after something has fainted, in order to spam a powerful attack. If Scizor has Return, then that is the only situation where it can kill a Slowking with 40% health. 

I don't like the idea that we just want to immediately toss Scizor out the door after Slowking goes, which it's not even guaranteed it will.

I'm not suggesting a test ban, I'm suggesting a test period where we investigate the new meta and whether Scizor becomes even more centralizing, even more physically overwhelming, and even more common. This is done with Scizor in the tier. 

But there is no reason to ban slowking so far, it does not sweep the metagame, it does not wall the entire meta and it is certainly not a god in terms of support. I think Scizor is the real problem, let's test the scizorless meta for a while, and then see how slowking thrives.

I'd much rather take this approach.

With this thing gone, WEELEE will have a comeback with a vengeance. It will also reduce Scizor's usage a bit imo. Exegg is going to take over Slowking's spot most likely.

Scizors best counter is banned so people won't use Scizor?That's not how it works.

I just so happen to not be able to find many viable counters for Scizor, like the rest of the playerbase, and am forced to run restricted movesets on specific pokemon. Poke A is stopped only by Poke B. Poke B is gone. Why the hell wouldn't you use Poke A.

What 'counters' Scizor then? Can anything counter Scizor or is it actually forcing multiple walls to run HP Fire for no reason other than specifically countering Scizor? Surf/Psychic sounds like better coverage to me. I'd love to not have to run Psychic, Giga Drain, Hp Fire, Synthese on Exeg and be able to fit toxic or leech seed in there. Ice Beam Altaria, and the list goes on. I see Scizor putting too much pressure on team building because it's restricting fast offensive play and centralizing wall play. I don't know how you could deny Slowking being Scizor's optimal counter considering it renders all of its moves useless but 1.

edit:

I've actively replied to this and you can't handle a 'shut up' about the personal attack. If you put it in your reply, I'm going to entertain it, even if it offends you. PM me or message me ingame and we can talk; otherwise this is just another uguuy reply that wants public attention. I'll take your advice for now though. Sunshine and butterflies on these discussions from now on.

Dont start personal attacks in Discussion threads, you know better than this.

I'm not hiding the post because your first phrase is a valid point.

This is my point slowking is a check to scizor as it is exeggutor, there's just no difference cause if the scizor's player is so stupid to let his cb scizor to take a flamethrower from slowking is going to be as stupid to take an hp fire from exegg or vile. IMO both scizor and slowking are not problem, FOR ME. But if we have to do something then ban slowking or at least test ban it to see if it becomes a less wallish meta since I think Scizor gives some sort of balance to the tier (I wouldn't mind if it goes too but do something)
  • 2 months later...
  • Munya pinned this topic