PokeMMO's Spring Fever Series (April 3rd - June 5th)

I'm just gonna say that it wasn't "always in favor of invite holders" because it went this way in the first spring championship, and ever since summer ball, you couldn't play in two qualifiers.

A good amount of the reason why we decided to allow this is because of posts like these,

This is because we had no option as it was the first. If you go back and read the general thread there were several complaints about this that led to this rule being implemented in later events. 

by people who win an invite early, and then have nothing to do for 10 weeks, which we felt sorry for, and didn't think would make a difference stealing 1 spot among 64.

Plus, we've doubled the amount of reserves. It might add value to the reserves tournament when you know there's a guaranteed spot cause someone won twice.

Just hold more tournaments in this tier outside of the tournament series. Or push for Doubles in the matchmaking system which would honestly be dope. 

by people who win an invite early, and then have nothing to do for 10 weeks, which we felt sorry for, and didn't think would make a difference stealing 1 spot among 64.

I understand that it might suck to win an early invite and not being allowed to compete for a while. What is worse though: 1 player not being able to compete for 8 weeks or an entire community not being able to compete during 2 weeks (reserve tournament + championship)?

I understand that it might suck to win an early invite and not being allowed to compete for a while. What is worse though: 1 player not being able to compete for 8 weeks or an entire community not being able to compete during 2 weeks (reserve tournament + championship)?

We're getting 16 players in each either way. Either this doesn't make sense or I'm missing the point.

Just hold more tournaments in this tier outside of the tournament series.

Ok sure, got me there I guess.
Finally I'm not sure we're able to blacklist players from specific upcoming tourneys. Will have to inquire.

Please do =)

Hey man. So basically.

We can't blacklist, but, we have ways to DQ you if you do sign up.

Whilst I really don't think it mattered that Doc entered qualifier 2, and it probably wouldn't matter a lot either if winners entered 3, well.

It came to my attention that by qualifier 6 onwards, the quarterfinals will be flooded with all the best doubles players who already have an invite.

So I did think about the consequences of winners playing, but not to the extent of 10+ of 'em.

Sooo I guess I'll go ahead and revert that rule. sorry rendiz blaziken usage

That aside, how do people feel aobut qualifiers not all on sundays?

there was a post a bit ago about bad times for europeans etc.

And to be fair, well, we have some big events coming like the ranked leaderboard tourney, the Team Tournament, Kyu's 128-man, and I kinda wanna be flexible around those.

And some staff just host events on sudnays, so I might be flexible on the time of day as well within the same day.

tldr how mad or happy would you be if I made some events anywhere between like 3pm - 6pm est, friday through sunday?

The reserves tourney and finals will still all be on sunday as planned.

Hey man. So basically.

We can't blacklist, but, we have ways to DQ you if you do sign up.

Whilst I really don't think it mattered that Doc entered qualifier 2, and it probably wouldn't matter a lot either if winners entered 3, well.

It came to my attention that by qualifier 6 onwards, the quarterfinals will be flooded with all the best doubles players who already have an invite.

So I did think about the consequences of winners playing, but not to the extent of 10+ of 'em.

Sooo I guess I'll go ahead and revert that rule. sorry rendiz blaziken usage

That aside, how do people feel aobut qualifiers not all on sundays?

there was a post a bit ago about bad times for europeans etc.

And to be fair, well, we have some big events coming like the ranked leaderboard tourney, the Team Tournament, Kyu's 128-man, and I kinda wanna be flexible around those.

And some staff just host events on sudnays, so I might be flexible on the time of day as well within the same day.

tldr how mad or happy would you be if I made some events anywhere between like 3pm - 6pm est, friday through sunday?

The reserves tourney and finals will still all be on sunday as planned.

cool so I get to sit tight for 8 weeks because a few players werent happy that I played???

R u kidding me, if you are good enough to make the final bracket you will make the final bracket regardless of who you play.

Dissapointed egg

EDIT: Unless you are blacklisting IPs whats to stop me from signing alt up

Edited by DoctorPBC

Completely in favor of having tourneys on days besides Sundays because I had to win a tournament in the basement of my church

But when you say DQ us from registering in future qualifiers it'll just mean its an open spot for some other noob to get first rounded.

Most of the top tier doubles players will be in around the top 40 queues and those who aren't really don't care for the tournament.

But I agree that having 6+ doubles players that already have invites is a little over the top, but IP banning is a little over the top so I think allowing alts to be in the tournament should be fine because even if the alt wins the tournament and gets the invite, I highly doubt the player will be fast enough to think in 2 situations on 2 computers when the final brackets comes, so the invite will just go to the reserves.

cool so I get to sit tight for 8 weeks because a few players werent happy that I played???

R u kidding me, if you are good enough to make the final bracket you will make the final bracket regardless of who you play.

Dissapointed egg

EDIT: Unless you are blacklisting IPs whats to stop me from signing alt up

Gonna go with this one.

Just hold more tournaments in this tier outside of the tournament series.

Anyways, the idea is that we'll just end up getting eight tournaments ALL featuring the top 16 somewhere, and then an invitational with the same top 16.

I dunno. It's cleaner to not have half the finals bracket be reserve invites.

If we end up getting a tier reset because of the new items, then you can even more expect doubles outside of the series either way, since UU and NU won't really be a thing for a bit.

as for the alt thing, uh, probably not my jurisdiction. will consult higher up.

Because that's kind of true for every tourney, not just this one.

I agree that invite holders shouldn't be allowed to enter the remaining qualifiers it seems the fairest way for it to happen. But I have to say I feel like this update is horribly timed. These new items could drastically change the meta and those of us who already have invites are missing out on vital weeks of practice in qualifiers now whereas other people get to test out the new meta with these new items implemented. I feel like it would be beneficial to have some standard doubles on the side in order for the new doubles meta to be tested somewhat without missing some of the better players.

There will be more doubles tournaments held outside of this event (oh snap, one already got posted). What staff need from invite holders is their word that they won't enter (alt or not). While the competition might be better with them, there really isn't much incentive for current qualifiers to play outside of just practice (I hate that idea since that spoils most of my surprise sets, yes looking at you NU series). 

So for those that got in. let other players have their moment. There will be other doubles tournaments for you to measure your dick with. 

There will be more doubles tournaments held outside of this event (oh snap, one already got posted). What staff need from invite holders is their word that they won't enter (alt or not). While the competition might be better with them, there really isn't much incentive for current qualifiers to play outside of just practice (I hate that idea since that spoils most of my surprise sets, yes looking at you NU series). 

So for those that got in. let other players have their moment. There will be other doubles tournaments for you to measure your dick with. 

We'll prob just dq invite holders who enter, perhaps revoke the invite.

Same goes for alts.

I'll write the rule into OP of this topic and qualifiers. I'm sure they won't enter.

I'm not saying life orb would be bad. In fact I have lots of cool ideas for life orb sets but I'd prefer if we got prior notice if they are going to implement it to avoid fucking some people over.

The tier council tends to try and avoid big meta changes before big events (not banning Charizard/Rhydon a few days before UU Final for example), but the devs have absolutely no regard (this is evidenced by having updates in the middle of tournaments (RIP xSparkie). 

• 3 weeks later...