6th gen Knock Off mechanics?

Matoka

Question

I noticed that knock off still follows 3rd gen rules unlike some moves which have been updated to 6th gen, Is knock off considered too drastic a change? just curious if there is a reason for it to not be updated.

I honestly like 6th gen knock off mechanics and it's quite a niché move with only some pokes able to learn it. Yay or nay?

15 answers to this question

Referring to niche due to the fact that it is not the most common of moves for competitive pokemon, as in not many learn it that are currently OU / UU

of the top of my head, these would benefit from it

kingler
kabutops
armaldo
absol

banette
crawdant
mawile
sableye
hariyama
shiftry
blaziken
sneasel
heracross
azumarril
pinsir
hitmonlee
marowak
dodrio
machamp
sandslash
raichu

spoopy shit

Edited by axx

And quite honestly it's still too good there. It's basically a go to move to literally every physical attacker that learns it.

Could have its base power upped to 65 but not have the 50% boost on successful knockoff possibly.

As other said: it would be OP here, without mega. Honestly... I think it's a bit OP even in 6gen: oppontent's item + choice + STAB = 65 x 1,5 x 1,5 x 1,5 = 219... 219 base !!!

It should be a supporter move, not an 1hko one XD

Edited by ReDellaStrada47

As other said: it would be OP here, without mega. Honestly... I think it's a bit OP even in 6gen: oppontent's item + choice + STAB = 65 x 1,5 x 1,5 x 1,5 = 219... 219 base !!!
It should be a supporter move, not an 1hko one XD

But not a base 20 move

What I think is that knock off is like rapid spin (Thunder wave, WoW...): you use it for its effect, not for damaging.

Damage + effect = OP

completely agree with you that gen 6 knock off is atrocious. It has a niche here right now even with the low base power, and we should keep it that way