Create Your Own Storyline Contest (April 22nd - May 27th)

xSkyy

MtNSEQI.png

Bag_Rule_Book_Sprite.pngBag_Rule_Book_Sprite.pngBag_Rule_Book_Sprite.png

Explanation:

Now is the time for you to create your own story. This event is perfect for those who like to think

outside the box, or even write their own destiny. Don't be afraid to put some

emotion into it, or even a good joke or two. Any creative outlooks on a story are welcome here  :)

Below I have listed the requirements to all entries, although presentation and artwork are purely up to

how you would like to enter your final draft (we're judging off of ideas here, not artistic skills).

Good luck to all future participants, and remember to have fun  ^_^

Requirements:

A Main Character: Your main character can be based off of you yourself, or a made up character of your choosing.

Different ways you could express your main character can be through sprite work or drawings, as long as there is a visual representation of your main protagonist.

You must also include a background description (such as name, age, home town, starter pokemon, etc.)

Supporting Characters: You must have at least 2 supporting characters who play a part in your story line. Whether this be friends you meet along the way, family members, or a professor who tags along your adventure, it is completely up to you.

A visual representation is needed, including a background description (name, age, location, job, etc.) and their role in the storyline.

A Mentor: Your mentor must be somebody that helps the protagonist in major ways throughout their journey, but can be any character you choose. (Ex. a professor, a gym leader, scientist, etc.) You must include a background description (such as name, age, location, job, etc.), visual representation, and a background story explaining how this character acts as a mentor to the protagonist.

A Region: I would prefer the region be completely made up on your own, although the region does not need to be thoroughly detailed. A background description with a drawing or visual example (towns must be included) will work just fine!

Enemy Team: The enemy team also needs to be completely made up, including a leader with a background story. This piece must at least include enough description/information to have an idea of where the team came from (the original creation of this team), a visual representation of the leader and team, and details of theirultimate goal against the protagonist.

Master Elite Team: For this portion, the final trainers to become a Pokemon Master may be however many you want, and can be completely made up as you wish. It does not matter how you choose to describe them, as long as

there is an explanation on their part in the story and a location in the made up region.

Storyline: Your storyline must ultimately include all of these details, with an adventure of your own creation.

It may have whatever you would like, and I strongly encourage to make your storyline as creative as you can.

Don't be afraid to be expressive with your stories!  :)

Note: Be sure to have separate details/descriptions for each of these requirements.

Explanations in your story do not count as a stand alone description.

Rules:

All entries must be posted onto this thread in a forum post. No links will be accepted.

All entries must be submitted in an English translation.

All entries must be your own original work. If we find your entry is plagiarized, it will be disqualified. 

No more than 2 generations used in a storyline.

All entries must include your in-game name.

All entries must meet the approval of our Code of Conduct.

All entries must at least include the previously listed requirements above. Anything extra is also allowed in relation to the event.

All entries must be submitted within the listed time frame.

Entry Submission Timeframe:

Begin Date: Friday, April 22nd 12AM EST

End Date: Saturday, May 27th 11:59PM EST

Prizes:

1st Place:

beautifly.gif

Shiny GIFT Beautifly

4x25, 3x31IVs

Your Choice of Nature,

A combination of up to two Egg Moves/Hidden Power/Special Tutor Moves

1,000,000 PokeYen or 1,000 RP

2nd Place:

500,000 PokeYen or 500 RP

3rd Place:

300,000 Pokeyen or 300 RP

FAQ:

1) Is there a minimum word count/page count?

No. As long as all of the requirements are met and required details are in your entry, then this is fine. 

Note: We are judging on details and requirements/judging criteria, not length.

2) Can we use details from PokeMMO such as existing names/teams/sprites etc.

Absolutely. This is your story, so however you wish to portray it or show representation is up to you.

3) Do we need to use original pokemon in reference to the series?

Yes. Fakemon are not allowed for this contest.

You may use any generation you would like, however I ask that all entries have a maximum of 2 generations in their stories,

but evolutions in a 3rd generation are allowed.

(Ex. of generations: Kanto & Johto, Sinnoh & Hoenn, etc.)

4) Can we double post entries on this thread?

Yes. Double posts are fine for submitting entries, however do not scatter them around the comments.

Keep your posts together.

5) Should descriptions be in a list format or paragraph format?

List format. A paragraph format is not needed, and listing out the descriptions will be much easier to read for the judges.

(Ex. Name:

Hometown:

Storyline Role:

Background:

Visual Representation:

Etc.)

I will add more FAQ when they come rolling in. ^_^

Host: xSkyy

Judges: Pereiraa Musica xSparkie

Bag_Rule_Book_Sprite.pngBag_Rule_Book_Sprite.pngBag_Rule_Book_Sprite.png

Edited by xSkyy

I see you changed it to include hidden power and special moves, yet you decided to keep egg moves in that list... 

I'm just being pedantic, really nice contest, I am looking forward to it. Hopefully I can come up with SOMETHING for it.

Edited by Matoka

I have a few questions.

Can we use existing characters, regions, and teams?

Can we make our story a alternative dimension to the main pokemon game series?

I can't draw, so can I use sprites and trainer cards for characters?

I would rather everything be made up, as you are creating your own story, unless you are speaking of within PokeMMO, then yes this is fine.

Your story must be similar to that of the series, but different region, characters, towns, teams, etc. are fine.

You may use sprites and trainer cards, as long as there is a visual representation of some sort.

Hmm Trumpville, the capital of the Dank Region, North of Lenny town and East of Meme City, lies the secret HQ of Team Swaggins, whose main goal is to swiggity swog all dem trainers.
Trumpville is also the home of our main protagonist KingHarkinian,
Who must go on a Pokemon journey through all of the Dank towns and stop Team Swaggins from swaggin all the citizens of Dank.

Just some ideas so far
Gonna be fun

Edited by TeamRocketHarry

I would rather everything be made up, as you are creating your own story. But if you can't seem to come up with anything, I will allow it.

Your story must be similar to that of the series, but different region, characters, towns, teams, etc. are fine.

You may use sprites and trainer cards, as long as there is a visual representation of some sort.

Well I had come up with a interesting plot about a alternate pokemon world to the games, where the regions, gyms, and evil teams were the same, but who stopped them, who became the champion and various other things would change. It would sort of be if Pokemmo's story changed to fit all your characters into one story, in this case my characters. Edited by BaconPokemonReaserch

Hmm Trumpville, the capital of the Dank Region, North of Lenny town and East of Meme City, lies the secret HQ of Team Swaggins, whose main goal is to swiggity swog all dem trainers.
Trumpville is also the home of our main protagonist KingHarkinian,
Who must go on a Pokemon journey through all of the Dank towns and stop Team Swaggins from swaggin all the citizens of Dank.

Just some ideas so far
Gonna be fun

I'd like a copy of this story when its done xD Edited by jerryzoo

I'm almost afraid to ask, but is there really no word limit?

Yes, however if not all of the details and requirements are met, your entry will not qualify. We may not be judging on length, but creativity and detail are big factors.

It's time to show my writing skills!

Are we allowed to use PokeMMO characters in our stories by the way, as well as in-game sprites? Also, are we allowed to use PokeMMO teams as our evil teams?

Yes, these are all allowed.

3) Do we need to use original pokemon?

Yes. You may use any generation you would like, however I ask that all entries have a maximum of 2 generations in their stories.

Just for clarification, when it says "Do we need to use original Pokemon" and you say "Yes" doesn't that imply that we have to make fakemon, but then you saw "You may use any generation you would like, however I ask that all entries have a maximum of 2 generations in their stories." So doesn't that contradict eachother?

Also, when you say 2 generations what exactly do you mean? Like only pokemon from (Example) Kanto & Johto or just 2 regions?

Just for clarification, when it says "Do we need to use original Pokemon" and you say "Yes" doesn't that imply that we have to make fakemon, but then you saw "You may use any generation you would like, however I ask that all entries have a maximum of 2 generations in their stories." So doesn't that contradict eachother?

Also, when you say 2 generations what exactly do you mean? Like only pokemon from (Example) Kanto & Johto or just 2 regions?

I can see how this is confusing, and will reword after answering this.

By original pokemon, I mean original to the Pokemon Series. So aka not fakemon.

When I say 2 generations I mean similar to your Kanto & Johto example.

Edit: FAQ reworded to avoid confusion.

I can see how this is confusing, and will reword after answering this.

By original pokemon, I mean original to the Pokemon Series. So aka not fakemon.

When I say 2 generations I mean similar to your Kanto & Johto example.

Edit: FAQ reworded to avoid confusion.

Thanks a bunch. In certain cases could we use 3 generations partly? For instance, elekid and electabuzz and electavire? I mean, we could do what the Pokemon anime kind of did and make it so that an evolved Pokemon is unknown so the pokedex wouldn't pick it up, but would that kind of thing be allowed? Of course, only few Pokemon have that option but still good to know. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.