Channel-Specific Wild Pokemon/Drops/Pickup, etc.

So, this was a simple idea I came up with while I was playing League of Legends. So, to include the entire dex of 386 Pokemon, they've been added to the maps where they were not present in the real games. The idea is to have channel specific themes, for example, certain pokemon can only be caught on a certain channel in a certain map instead of having all of them appear on the map. This will allow for another dimension/mechanic in the game as well as promote channel theme-specific chats. This also helps the fact that there are too many species of pokemon available in the wild in map areas. Also what could be done, is there can be channel specific activities and channel specific drops/item pick-ups. For example, on a berry-themed channel, the drops/pickups can be berries/seeds, and that channel could be where all berry farmers can chill. Furthermore, pokemon which dont usually appear in the wild in the original Fire red/emerald games, that are lets say, grass type, could appear on those maps while on this channel. Or the channel themes could be sorted by pokemon types, for example the normal type channel, is the only channel where  you can encounter snorlax or pickup silk.

So, this was a simple idea I came up with while I was playing League of Legends. So, to include the entire dex of 386 Pokemon, they've been added to the maps where they were not present in the real games. The idea is to have channel specific themes, for example, certain pokemon can only be caught on a certain channel in a certain map instead of having all of them appear on the map. This will allow for another dimension/mechanic in the game as well as promote channel theme-specific chats. This also helps the fact that there are too many species of pokemon available in the wild in map areas. Also what could be done, is there can be channel specific activities and channel specific drops/item pick-ups. For example, on a berry-themed channel, the drops/pickups can be berries/seeds, and that channel could be where all berry farmers can chill. Furthermore, pokemon which dont usually appear in the wild in the original Fire red/emerald games, that are lets say, grass type, could appear on those maps while on this channel. Or the channel themes could be sorted by pokemon types, for example the normal type channel, is the only channel where  you can encounter snorlax or pickup silk.

Too complicated honestly, and it's really not needed. Also, it's fine as it is.

[spoiler]You're probably wondering why I highlighted something in bold. I found it funny[/spoiler]

Too complicated honestly, and it's really not needed. Also, it's fine as it is.

[spoiler]You're probably wondering why I highlighted something in bold. I found it funny[/spoiler]

But it's true, they stuck the wild pokemon of Leaf Green and Fire red on the same maps together.

Overall, it's an interesting and original concept, but it wouldn't be a positive change and won't be happening for a variety of reasons;

1: This would be an extremely complicated and unnecessary implementation. I can see players having difficulty understanding it and searching the right place on the wrong channel and vise versa.

2: This would completely defeat the purpose of having channels to begin with. This would spread players out, making the crowded channels less crowded and the quiet ones more active. While this sounds like a good thing on paper, channels currently allow players to choose whether they want to be in a crowded or quiet world, depending on personal preference and especially connection speed. Spreading people out would also negatively impact people who still use trade chat, while making it difficult for the people who like stick to a single channel to spend time with the other regulars as a group.

3: Encounter and Pickup rates are currently quite carefully balanced. If you want a Pokemon or item, you can find it if you go to the right place and spend some time there.

4: "Different Pokemon and Pickup items" is the same effect of going somewhere else to farm. Giving each channel on each route a separate encounter/Pickup table is pointless when each location is already different from each other location in that regard.

5: Diversity in a location is both natural and a positive to game feel. It's not a problem in the slightest that you can find both Growlithe and Vulpix on a route where only one would exist on the handhelds, or that a large variety of Pokemon appear on a single route.